Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi team.

I tried to refresh the firmware on my P4P on the weekend. Started up Assistant 2 on my Win 10 64-bit laptop, powered on craft, and craft was detected fine. Selected "refresh" and firmware downloaded, but when it hit 100% and started "Transmitting", it just sat at 0%. It simply refused to upload the firmware.

Rebooted laptop and craft and tried again - same result. Swapped USB cable - same result. Uninstalled Assistant 2 (v1.1.6) and reinstalled - same result. Drew a pentacle around the PC, and swore allegiance to a pagan god - same result.

I have successfully updated both the P4P and my P4 about a month ago without issue, so the installation of Assistant 2 was previously working. Only thing I can think of is a Windows update having done something since, but can't say.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has recently started having issues like my PC with Assistant 2 too?

2017-11-12
Use props
Majorb98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192336 ft
United States

Same here on the Mavic.  I use android, and could not get DJI Go to push the update over the weekend.  Logged into the Assistant 2 and having the same issue as you;  it won't update the flight restriction and it won't transmit the update V01.04 to the Mavic (stays at 0%)
2017-11-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Majorb98 Posted at 2017-11-13 05:47
Same here on the Mavic.  I use android, and could not get DJI Go to push the update over the weekend.  Logged into the Assistant 2 and having the same issue as you;  it won't update the flight restriction and it won't transmit the update V01.04 to the Mavic (stays at 0%)

Odd, but is this really only just us? No  other responses...

What version of Assistant 2 are you using, and on a Win 10 laptop or PC? Or a mac?
2017-11-13
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Probably because no new firmware has been released recently that most users haven't tried recently.
When the Assistant 2 software connects to the drone, it establishes it as a new network ip address (not just a usb connected device) because I always had popups from my firewall software to that effect. I wonder if recent Windows 10 updates are blocking the transmission somehow.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you refer below and export the log for analysis? As for firmware refresh, you can also upgrade from DJI GO 4 to check whether it works.

C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
2017-11-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-13 23:22
Could you refer below and export the log for analysis? As for firmware refresh, you can also upgrade from DJI GO 4 to check whether it works.

Thanks DJI Susan. I'll locate the log tonight and send it on.

But I note that others are reporting this in another thread also. View is that it may be linked to release of the latest Windows 10 "creator" update.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-116372-4-1.html
2017-11-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-13 23:22

Hi DJI Susan. Just for your record, Assistant 2 V1.1.6 writes the log into a directory called /log. I can see that previous a previous version wrote into /upgrade_log but apparently no longer.

But I tried so many hardware combinations to get it to work, and so lots of logs. I'll run it again on the weekend so that I have a clean log file to send to you.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-14 22:37
Hi DJI Susan. Just for your record, Assistant 2 V1.1.6 writes the log into a directory called /log. I can see that previous a previous version wrote into /upgrade_log but apparently no longer.

But I tried so many hardware combinations to get it to work, and so lots of logs. I'll run it again on the weekend so that I have a clean log file to send to you.

Noted with thanks! I'll wait for your update here. Wish you have a nice weekend in advance!
2017-11-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-15 01:55
Noted with thanks! I'll wait for your update here. Wish you have a nice weekend in advance!

Hi DJI Susan.

I've attached logs created by Assistant 2 - both unsuccessful attempts to upload new firmware to my P4P. The logs were found in:
C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/logs

There are two logs: the first in time-created order I terminated by shutting down Assistant 2  after  waiting for it to start Transmitting  the firmware to the P4P for 4 minutes, with the second log file  the same but terminated after powering down P4P and then shutting down Assistant 2.

Otherwise, noting the battery error somewhere in the middle, I swapped batteries and tried again (hence the second log), but with the same error message appearing.

I hope the engineers can see something useful in the logs.

2017_11_19@16_32_29.zip (28.75 KB, Down times: 7)
2017-11-18
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-18 22:08
Hi DJI Susan.

I've attached logs created by Assistant 2 - both unsuccessful attempts to upload new firmware to my P4P. The logs were found in:

Why I can't download the attachment to see the log. I'm experiencing the same problems with P4
2017-11-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Vendex Posted at 2017-11-19 13:54
Why I can't download the attachment to see the log. I'm experiencing the same problems with P4

No idea, Vendex. I could view it at home. But that was my second attempt - the first was to upload it to Dropbox but you need Dropbox Professional to make a link open to anyone.

Perhaps someone here could propose an easy way to do this? I'll do again when I'm home later today.

But looking at the logs I couldn't determine anything obvious, but it was interesting to see how the process split up (enumerated) the various controller modules.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-18 22:08
Hi DJI Susan.

Thanks for the info, I've forwarded it to the engineers for analysis, we'll keep you updated.
2017-11-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-20 00:33
Thanks for the info, I've forwarded it to the engineers for analysis, we'll keep you updated.

Download worked? Phew. Thanks DJI Diana
2017-11-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

So, there's been a few other references to this issue on other threads. Anyone else other than Jim, Vendex and I experiencing this? It surely can't just be the three of us having this issue since the last Win 10 update?
2017-11-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-20 00:33

Hi. Any word back on the issue with Assistant 2 now not being able to go beyond "Transmitting..."during firmware update?
2017-11-22
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-15 01:55

Hi DII Susan. Just thought I'd ask you the same as I did DJI Diana.

Any word back on the issue with Assistant 2 now not being able to go beyond "Transmitting..."during firmware update?
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-22 22:44
Hi DII Susan. Just thought I'd ask you the same as I did DJI Diana.

Any word back on the issue with Assistant 2 now not being able to go beyond "Transmitting..."during firmware update?

Do not worry, Diana has transferred to the engineers for further analysis. Both of us will keep follow up and keep you posted, thanks for your patience. Have a nice weekend!
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-22 22:42
Hi. Any word back on the issue with Assistant 2 now not being able to go beyond "Transmitting..."during firmware update?

The engineers are looking into it now, I will let you know once I got a response from them.
2017-11-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-26 20:07
The engineers are looking into it now, I will let you know once I got a response from them.

Thanks, but I got some clues from the log myself and after research I may have a lead. I'll test tonight and advise.
2017-11-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-26 20:07

OK. My idea didn't work.

I'd read that the Windows 10 Creator update to PCs changed some internal Windows services which caused Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) to not work anymore.  I wondered if that's what Assistant 2 used to connect to the remote device to transfer the files, so I set parameters in the Windows registry to re-enable. No good.

Oh well. Back to waiting on the engineers.
2017-11-26
Use props
havrosh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566785 ft
Czechia

I have experienced the same issue on Win10 Pro 1709 build 16299.64
2017-12-4
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

havrosh Posted at 2017-12-4 09:33
I have experienced the same issue on Win10 Pro 1709 build 16299.64

Yeah, seems to be quite a few stuck with this now. I still haven't heard anything further back from DJI sadly. I hope it's getting some attention with their engineering people.

You can still do the update from the DJI GO 4 app at least, but I'd rather not do a firmware update via a WiFi connection.
2017-12-4
Use props
carlos_surfs
lvl.1
Mexico

Im having the same issue on my mac computer with the Assistant 2,
It stays at 0% and says transmitting, but nothing happens. I tryed everything and stills the same...
when I push the back button there is a text that says "Waiting to back end to boot up" and still nothing happens .
it is very annoying.
2018-2-1
Use props
Bjoernmx
New
Flight distance : 269 ft
Norway

Hi guys had the exact same issue with my brand new spark. First i was unable to take off due to aircraft locked and the Dji go 4 app wouldn't realize that the updates was already done. Then i went and bought a otg cable for my phone but apparently i need an otg for the controller to my phone instead. then i started on the firmware updates using the assistant 2. after 3 batteries of tries and never coming past the 100% download mark, not even coming to the transfer page after being connected for 20 min, i restarted the assistant and mt phone and controller and tried again then i did the same thin again but this time i got for some reason the app to suddenly just say go fly instead of updating so, i have no clue what happened but something did so now i had my first flight with the spark. Was too windy so was a bit afraid to destroy it but after trying for 3 days just being told the aircraft is locked it felt wonderful to finally fly it. Sorry for punctuation faults but i got issues with it sorry.
2018-5-5
Use props
Oldav8tor
lvl.2
United States

carlos_surfs Posted at 2018-2-1 18:07
Im having the same issue on my mac computer with the Assistant 2,
It stays at 0% and says transmitting, but nothing happens. I tryed everything and stills the same...
when I push the back button there is a text that says "Waiting to back end to boot up" and still nothing happens .

Same problem with my Macbook Pro - 0% Transmitted
2018-5-6
Use props
GamerAndds
New

Canada

Once I inserted an SD card (32 gig) it went by fast. Please note I am not an owner of a drone- have no experience flying. Im a repair guy who is trying to get this drone to fly. But I took out the owners SD card (which was full) and replaced it with one of my spare 32 gig SD cards lying around. It past the transmitting stage.
2018-8-2
Use props
fans6c697342
New

United States

I am having the same bad luck with my P4, any solutions?  I have tried all the combinations and used myvandroid, whennnit says to unplug rc and plug into drone it taked the update screen away and jusgg sits there....
2019-3-24
Use props
fans870add9b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17159 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue here. Wasted countless hours attempting to download the update due to lousy internet, only to have it fail to transmit once the internet connection was solved and the upload supposedly completed. Result: upload failed again and again. Solution?
2020-4-13
Use props
fans870add9b
lvl.1
United States

fans870add9b Posted at 4-13 05:38
I'm having the same issue here. Wasted countless hours attempting to download the update due to lousy internet, only to have it fail to transmit once the internet connection was solved and the upload supposedly completed. Result: upload failed again and again. Solution?

I tried on both a Windows PC and a Mac.
2020-4-13
Use props
fans870add9b
lvl.1
United States

fans870add9b Posted at 4-13 05:42
I tried on both a Windows PC and a Mac.

I finally got the DJI Go4 to successfully upgrade the firmware, but the tutorial for doing that was absolutely useless and inaccurate in portraying the process the user experiences!
2020-4-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans870add9b Posted at 4-13 07:11
I finally got the DJI Go4 to successfully upgrade the firmware, but the tutorial for doing that was absolutely useless and inaccurate in portraying the process the user experiences!

Good to hear you sorted it out.
2020-4-18
Use props
The Goatmaster
lvl.1
United States

Alrighty, so after upgrading the firmware for my Mavic Pro through the DJI Go4 app, I am still unable to fly with video feed. The remote controller connects with the Mavic Pro and reads "ready to go", but the display DJI Go4 screen on my device shows in red "aircraft disconnected". I tap on that warning, and it sends me to a status screen showing Status "normal", but gimbal "disconnected". Also when I tried to launch, compass showed warning message that there was "electronic interference" which persisted even after I moved the aircraft to another spot where I know there was no metal nearby.  Tapping on "calibrate" and "start" produced no observable response.
2020-4-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Goatmaster Posted at 4-19 22:39
Alrighty, so after upgrading the firmware for my Mavic Pro through the DJI Go4 app, I am still unable to fly with video feed. The remote controller connects with the Mavic Pro and reads "ready to go", but the display DJI Go4 screen on my device shows in red "aircraft disconnected". I tap on that warning, and it sends me to a status screen showing Status "normal", but gimbal "disconnected". Also when I tried to launch, compass showed warning message that there was "electronic interference" which persisted even after I moved the aircraft to another spot where I know there was no metal nearby.  Tapping on "calibrate" and "start" produced no observable response.

Hi. I don't have the Mavic Pro, but as you had all of these problems after a firmware update, I'd suggest you reset your Mavic to factory defaults and then try to refresh the firmware again.  

The update process downloads a single firmware file which is unpacked as separate device drivers and applied sequentially. It's possible that some of those were not applied successfully. Setting to default first will reset all configuration settings - old and new - giving the refresh a "clean path".
2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules