619 3 2017-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DxN9oIx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 363661 ft
United States

Hi All,

A few days ago in mid-flight the gimbal stopped working on my mavic pro. Tried restarting it a few times and it appears as though it goes through the normal startup routine with the gimbal moving around but then it gives me the gimbal overload error. I've seen other people post on there with a somewhat similar problem, although their gimbal seems to go haywire on startup whereas mine appears to startup as normal.

I've tried replacing the gimbal, which also came with a new ribbon cable. Same results - gimbal overload. Someone else suggested it could be the PCB board that sits on top of the gimbal. But I haven't found any place that sells that. Anyone know where I could order one? Or any other suggestions I could try to fix this? In the other thread people mentioned starting the mavic on it's side - i tried that with the same results.

The camera still works fine.
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, you had removed the gimbal lock, right? Is there any impact damage to the drone before? Please try to restart the drone times, and refresh the firmware. If the issue persists, please send it back. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

2017-11-12
Use props
djiuser_DxN9oIx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 363661 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-12 20:34
Just to verify, you had removed the gimbal lock, right? Is there any impact damage to the drone before? Please try to restart the drone times, and refresh the firmware. If the issue persists, please send it back. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

Yes, the gimbal lock is removed. I did have an incident a few months ago where the drone clipped some branches and fell to the ground. It landed in some dead leaves/branches so it didn't suffer any significant damage at the time other than having to replace the gimbal's ribbon cable. It was working fine for a few months after that, and then like i said it just stopped working in the middle of a flight one day.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_DxN9oIx Posted at 2017-11-13 00:15
Yes, the gimbal lock is removed. I did have an incident a few months ago where the drone clipped some branches and fell to the ground. It landed in some dead leaves/branches so it didn't suffer any significant damage at the time other than having to replace the gimbal's ribbon cable. It was working fine for a few months after that, and then like i said it just stopped working in the middle of a flight one day.

Got it. Please follow my instruction, try to restart it for a couple of times, or refresh the firmware. If the issue persists, please send it back and we will help to take care of it.
2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules