Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Inspire 2 Firmware Released (13/11/2017)
12Next >
7545 50 2017-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2017.11.13
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.01.0200
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V01.01.0002
  • DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.1.14 or above, Android V 4.1.14 or above

What’s New
  • Added support for the Zenmuse X7 gimbal and camera.
  • CineCore 2.1 now features an updated camera processing system, which can support the new DJI movie color system (including D-Log curves and D-Gamut Color Space) when used with Zenmuse X5S and X7.
  • Added new EI mode in Camera Settings, to make the camera operation style more compatible with other professional movie cameras. Please note that EI mode can only be turned on when both SD and SSD are enabled.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the camera restarts when used with a Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm/3.5-5.6 HD automatic zoom lens.
  • Fixed a rare issue where image edge is deformed when using the Zenmuse X5S with some Olympus-made lenses.
  • Added an auto-focus function to both ActiveTrack and Spotlight modes. The camera will re-focus on the target when the distance between the target and aircraft changes.
  • Fixed a rare issue where aircraft acceleration slows down in TapFly mode.
  • Optimized gimbal yaw smoothness in Follow Mode.
  • Added gimbal pitch auto return to center in Landing Mode to avoid the gimbal touching the ground.
  • Added a remote controller customizable button to control gimbal pitch and pan rotating to center simultaneously. Latest remote controller firmware and DJI GO 4 versions are required.
  • Added DJI Goggles Head Tracking Flight and Head Tracking Gimbal.
  • Fixed an issue where the slave remote controller cannot control the gimbal when using both regular and Cendence remote controllers to work as master and slave.

Notes
  • To ensure optimal performance of the Zenmuse X7, we suggest you update your Inspire 2 to this latest firmware version via DJI Assistant 2 on your computer. Alternatively, you can update it on your mobile device with an internet connection.
    If you update to v01.01.0010 or an earlier version using DJI GO 4 without an internet connection, the Zenmuse X7 may not work correctly afterward.
  • Ensure that the remote controller is updated to the latest firmware version to activate all new features.
  • If a firmware update fails, restart the aircraft and DJI GO 4, then try again.

2017-11-13
Use props
IntrepidDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3620226 ft
Australia

Hallelujah, I just hope  this fixes my issues with gimbal yaw and connectivity. Will report back.
2017-11-13
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I missed the part about where it adds the POI flight mode. I'm sure it's in there somewhere.
2017-11-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Took mine 20 minutes to download, 35 minutes to install once the download finished.  Did it via Windows and Assistant 2.  Did it with no memory cards installed, just the USB cable.  I had to do it again for the X4S camera after a reboot and removal of the X5S camera.  Lots of beeping too once past the download stage for the other two following it.

Didn't recognize the RC until I tried the "Check for Update" in the bottom of the RC menu a couple of times, and then the Aircraft Version showed.  Maybe 10 minutes to do it.  The RC stick calibration was a bit finicky in a loop about "Check to make sure sticks are centered"and "Start."  Turned the bird on as if it flying along with the RC and tablet, and once started shut the bird off and the RC worked to calibrate the sticks which were way off on response.

Haven't done the glass plate VPS calibration yet as I need to find a even area of lighting, maybe shade outdoors with the laptop.  Wish the thing could be used with the computer screen as the I2's shadow is sometimes in the way with the glass plate indoors and lighting may be too dim inside too.  Need to recharge the batteries first as the above took them down to 75%.

2017-11-13
Use props
fans0b8dec49
lvl.1
Flight distance : 445522 ft
United States

Whelp... did the update and now after attaching the DJI goggles and enabling head tracking, the gimbal spins to full lock and then does not respond to commands.  DJI, what's the deal here?
2017-11-13
Use props
bteamproduction
lvl.1
Flight distance : 445522 ft
United States

Statement retracted.  I just re-ran the firmware upgrade after disconnecting the camera, removing all cards, and reconnecting the camera.  The Gimbal spins freely and smoothly with head tracking enabled.  
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-11-13 09:43
I missed the part about where it adds the POI flight mode. I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

Sorry Sir, not this time, we still have to wait.
Appreciate your patience.

2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

bteamproduction Posted at 2017-11-13 17:25
Statement retracted.  I just re-ran the firmware upgrade after disconnecting the camera, removing all cards, and reconnecting the camera.  The Gimbal spins freely and smoothly with head tracking enabled.

Glad to know you figured it out, happy flying.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-13 10:48
Took mine 20 minutes to download, 35 minutes to install once the download finished.  Did it via Windows and Assistant 2.  Did it with no memory cards installed, just the USB cable.  I had to do it again for the X4S camera after a reboot and removal of the X5S camera.  Lots of beeping too once past the download stage for the other two following it.

Didn't recognize the RC until I tried the "Check for Update" in the bottom of the RC menu a couple of times, and then the Aircraft Version showed.  Maybe 10 minutes to do it.  The RC stick calibration was a bit finicky in a loop about "Check to make sure sticks are centered"and "Start."  Turned the bird on as if it flying along with the RC and tablet, and once started shut the bird off and the RC worked to calibrate the sticks which were way off on response.

Sounds like a long process, is everything alright now?
2017-11-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-13 23:21
Sounds like a long process, is everything alright now?

Will check it out soon.  Been flying the P4 more.

Updating took a lot longer than I expected.  Maybe an hour and a half.  It asked for more firmware updates changing the camera while GO 4 was running and preparing for the IMU and VPS calibrations, but they took maybe a couple of minutes to do between the RC and I2 outside.  Even going back to the X6S it asked for another calibration.

VPS calibration was interesting trying to do it while bird was upright (Need to move it to edge of table and sitting on its rear legs to get the glass plate in close enough.  Did it in the shade as sunlight cast shadows as did trying to do it indoors on the plate wihere the drone was blocking an even lighted doverage of the plate.  DJI should do a demo on how to do it right as it is different than all others using a computer screen.

2017-11-14
Use props
fans6197024f
lvl.4
Poland

Looks good. The copter looks more stable. A camera is horizontal, even if she lose it, she is fast returning to correct position. And most important for me, we can correct a gimbal to center now, and its still after restarting. Maybe a problem with a signal from more than 300 m and some artifacts in records, but these two thinks I have to test more, maybe it's my fault or somethink have to be setup in another way.
2017-11-14
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

any word if we can control the tint for white balance now?
2017-11-14
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have an Inspire 2 and a X5S now.  I have an X7 on order and expect it very soon. I noted the following in the announcement above:

"It is recommended to update the Inspire 2 and Zenmuse X7 at the same time."

Should I do this update now and re-do it when the X7 comes or wait until I have X7???

Ray
2017-11-14
Use props
fans37898345
lvl.2
United States

Good and Bad
Ok, the good news is the updates seem to have fixed the gimbal control problem.  I am now able to set the Cendence as master and I2 as slave with gimbal control as hoped.  However, I cannot change any camera settings from the slave remote (or the master for that matter) now!  I'm not sure what is going on but things just don't seem to function as they should.  I do have some function with the focus wheel on the I2 remote but not complete.  I feel as if all my limbs have been removed and reattached in the wrong locations and nobody is telling my where and why! It's up to me to feel my way around and figure this out in the blind.  If this is they way they do business then there ought to be FREE DJI TRAINING SEMINARS with Q&A after every update. How can anyone rely on this equipment for any type of business needs? I believe that by the time we resolve all the issues and have a "finished" product that works as described/expected there will be a comparable product for less than half the price and latecomers will be much further ahead. OK, done venting for now.  Gonna try again.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2017-11-14 11:40
I have an Inspire 2 and a X5S now.  I have an X7 on order and expect it very soon. I noted the following in the announcement above:

"It is recommended to update the Inspire 2 and Zenmuse X7 at the same time."

If the previous firmware works great, I suggest to update the firmware when you receive X7.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans6197024f Posted at 2017-11-14 08:26
Looks good. The copter looks more stable. A camera is horizontal, even if she lose it, she is fast returning to correct position. And most important for me, we can correct a gimbal to center now, and its still after restarting. Maybe a problem with a signal from more than 300 m and some artifacts in records, but these two thinks I have to test more, maybe it's my fault or somethink have to be setup in another way.

Thanks for the kind feedback.
Please keep us posted if there is any problem during test.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37898345 Posted at 2017-11-14 12:58
Good and Bad
Ok, the good news is the updates seem to have fixed the gimbal control problem.  I am now able to set the Cendence as master and I2 as slave with gimbal control as hoped.  However, I cannot change any camera settings from the slave remote (or the master for that matter) now!  I'm not sure what is going on but things just don't seem to function as they should.  I do have some function with the focus wheel on the I2 remote but not complete.  I feel as if all my limbs have been removed and reattached in the wrong locations and nobody is telling my where and why! It's up to me to feel my way around and figure this out in the blind.  If this is they way they do business then there ought to be FREE DJI TRAINING SEMINARS with Q&A after every update. How can anyone rely on this equipment for any type of business needs? I believe that by the time we resolve all the issues and have a "finished" product that works as described/expected there will be a comparable product for less than half the price and latecomers will be much further ahead. OK, done venting for now.  Gonna try again.

Hello, Sir, thanks for the feedback and sorry for the trouble caused.
Just to clarify, do you mean no matter what you set normal RC as Mater RC or Slave RC, when it works with Cendence, you cannot change any camera settings on it?
How about using it as the single RC? Please check if all the functions work well.
Besides, please inform us all the firmware version, including Cendence, normal RC and aircraft, thank you very much.
2017-11-14
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Any more reports on how this firmware update is working?  I want to update, but I'm a bit hesitate after what happened with the last firmware update.  I surely don't need it to go from bad to worse.
2017-11-15
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-14 07:33
Will check it out soon.  Been flying the P4 more.

Updating took a lot longer than I expected.  Maybe an hour and a half.  It asked for more firmware updates changing the camera while GO 4 was running and preparing for the IMU and VPS calibrations, but they took maybe a couple of minutes to do between the RC and I2 outside.  Even going back to the X6S it asked for another calibration.

They did... Sort of.  This is their tutorial on how to calibrate the VPS on the Inspire 2.  I think it's in Chinese, but it's not hard to understand the VPS calibration process by just watching the video.

2017-11-15
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Did the long lasting firmware update. Everything went well. First flight (full battery) went well and I really appreciate the improvements!
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GerryPacher Posted at 2017-11-15 10:50
Did the long lasting firmware update. Everything went well. First flight (full battery) went well and I really appreciate the improvements!

Thanks for the feedback.
Happy flying.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37898345 Posted at 2017-11-14 12:58
Good and Bad

Here is the tutorial video about how to calibrating Vision Systems of Inspire 2: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... 5-a46c-2730677c9432, there are English subtitles please refer to it.
2017-11-15
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-15 20:06
Here is the tutorial video about how to calibrating Vision Systems of Inspire 2: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/1a1a1389-6415-4e75-a46c-2730677c9432, there are English subtitles please refer to it.

Thanks!

I had the X5S mounted when resting on the slant of the back legs.  Mine was tilted forward a bit and not like the 90 degrees upright shown in the video while resting against the case.

I hope it is okay doing it that way with the X5S attached as it did complete the VPS calibration even with the tilt of the legs and X5S attached.

2017-11-16
Use props
mediabymartin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1344186 ft
  • >>>
United States

not seeing this function anywhere....

Added a remote controller customizable button to control gimbal pitch and pan rotating to center simultaneously. Latest remote controller firmware and DJI GO 4 versions are required.

2017-11-16
Use props
mediabymartin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1344186 ft
  • >>>
United States

After updating to newest firmware.......tried updating my slave remote multiple times - getting error code 0x200000........any suggestions?
2017-11-16
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

mediabymartin Posted at 2017-11-16 08:33
not seeing this function anywhere....

Added a remote controller customizable button to control gimbal pitch and pan rotating to center simultaneously. Latest remote controller firmware and DJI GO 4 versions are required.

It's there, instead of using the reset Gimbal Yaw preset, use the re-Center Gimbal Preset.  It was almost the last preset on the list if I remember right.  I just tested it in my office and it works just fine.
2017-11-17
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Just updated the firmware.  I like the gimbal re-center preset however, the new "Added an auto-focus function to both ActiveTrack and Spotlight modes. The camera will re-focus on the target when the distance between the target and aircraft changes."  does not work. I had the Inspire sitting on a desk tracking me in Spotlight Mode.  I used autofocus to set my focus and then moved around the room.  The focus never changed.  As I got furture away the picture got blurry even though Spotlight still had me locked in.  Same thing when I grabbed a focus from far away.  It would get blurry as I got closer to the AC.  I had to manually re-focus by tapping the screen.
One other thing that really concerned me.  With the remote saying that I had a good signal,  twice my video feed froze and gave me a green flash.  One time I was only 5 feet from the aircraft.  The biggest distance was no more than 12 feet.  Hopefully this was just because I was in a small room with computers running on WiFi.  
2017-11-17
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-16 07:26
Thanks!

I had the X5S mounted when resting on the slant of the back legs.  Mine was tilted forward a bit and not like the 90 degrees upright shown in the video while resting against the case.

I was prepared to do the VPS calibration, but mine didn't ask for it after updating so I just did the normal IMU and Compass calibrations that I always do after firmware updates.
2017-11-17
Use props
fans37898345
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-14 20:23
Hello, Sir, thanks for the feedback and sorry for the trouble caused.
Just to clarify, do you mean no matter what you set normal RC as Mater RC or Slave RC, when it works with Cendence, you cannot change any camera settings on it?
How about using it as the single RC? Please check if all the functions work well.

Thanks for asking Mindy... This will be long!

Please break this up into multiple posts if possible/necessary for easier reading

The following may simply be some oversights on my part and I welcome any comments from others or PM me if you like.

Thanks!

AC 01.01.0200
I2 Controller 01.01.0002
Cendence Controller 02.00.0030

When I use the I2 controller as Single-Op the shutter/aperture/ISO can be selected and adjusted with the right control wheel by clicking to unlock and clicking to select then rolling to adjust. When I use this same controller as a slave, I have full gimbal control with the sticks but no longer have control over camera settings using right dial. It will give me the warning "right control dial locked, press to adjust"  but it doesn't unlock or allow any changes. The only way I can change camera settings is by using the tablet.  I do have the focus wheel and it does allow me to cycle between aperture and focus but NO ISO.  This can not effectively be used for changing aperture anyway because as soon as you change aperture and go back to focus the new focus wheel location causes focus to change instantly and you have to readjust focus.  Not acceptable (or at least not effective). The focus wheel does still allow me to program my focus endpoints though and therefore I only use it for focus.
(Just an observation) Focus dial on Cendence is locked out if the focus wheel on the I2 slave is turned on. Giving sole focus control to slave.  This makes sense because of the "hard stops" on the focus wheel vs. the infinite control on the cendence.

Cendence as Master, I2 as slave:
Cendence loses ability to control any settings with control wheel (this is needed). Camera settings can still be adjusted by master tablet though. Why not on cendence?  "B-E" button opens up camera settings window but does not allow any adjustment via the cendence, only on touchscreen. (Ok, I just realized that I do have  control via the "C" buttons and the selector wheel simultaneously but this requires the operator to release both sticks to make an adjustment.  This is almost a step backward from the I2 controller where I could continue my flight and make subtle adjustments via the right selector dial without letting go of the sticks.
Possible solution:  Allow "BE" button push then press selector button and spin wheel.  at least this only requires me to stop using one stick?!!
(PLEASE NOTE: I found this is exactly the way it functions with Cendence as SLAVE...it can adjust via the "C"/wheel combo as well as via the  "BE"/selector button/wheel combo..... but it loses this function as MASTER).
Alternatively, I could choose which stick i didn't need at that moment and press a "C" button to choose shutter/aperture/ISO and then reach the selector wheel with the same hand to make a change. (this would require the "C" buttons to maintain a selection WITHOUT holding the button.  Currently, the operator needs to press and hold a "C" button on the left while at the same time turning the Selector wheel on the right side.  I'm failing to see where the Cendence is offering an improvement to control access as a single operator. Am I missing some critical feature here?  It would appear that more buttons have not simplified the process at all but I am hoping there is someone out there who is able to set me straight or offer some insight as to how they are using the Cendence as Single and/or Dual Op.

Cendence focus knob has huge dead spot at either end of focus range.  If you focus past the focus stop you get at least 1/4 turn of play in the focus knob when where you get no focus response.  This occurs at both long and short focus limits.  How do we calibrate the focus knob?

Camera settings vs. Video settings need to remain separate.  Need to quickly go from video back to camera for a couple still shots at optimum photo settings and return to video quickly without having to change all settings again.  Without this ability it is near impossible to get good action photos when the opportunity arises.  
While shooting video, I need to select camera and have the system recall the last camera setting automatically so that I may simply push one button to switch, then click shutter, then click back to video.  This should take no longer than a second or two. An operator shouldn't have to spend extra time switching from 1/30 @ 5.6 for video to 1/240 @ 2.8 for a photo then back to 1/30 @ 5.6 after clicking the shutter button for a picture or two.  That is more tedious than reading this post!

Here are some other considerations for updates:

1) Please give more visual and audio feedback when making setting selections (or at least an option for more/less) It is often times difficult to see what you have selected in settings.  For instance, if I hit a button to change the aperture, the only indication I get is a soft color change from white to blue on the current aperture setting number (same with shutter and ISO) I want to see a more definitive display showing exactly what I'm about to change and maybe even an audio cue.  To often I'm trying to make a change and I'm changing the wrong setting and time is wasted trying to stay focused on flying and having to find proper setting.

2) Similar to 1, When "Check for update" is pressed in the "About" screen, it says "Checking for update" and shows the progress wheel but then just stops without giving results.  Does this mean it finished checking and the current version is the latest version or does this indicate an error?  Again, more feedback from the equipment  is necessary so we have all the information needed. "Firmware is current" or "Please update firmware"

Any suggestions from others is greatly appreciated!

2017-11-17
Use props
duoaerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2482621 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Updated Aircraft Firmware to V01.01.0200 and Remote Controller Firmware V01.01.0002 on two Inspire 2s. Much futzing and failed updates later I thought I had everything working. Out on a shoot today, neither bird had functioning obstacle avoidance systems, and the one bird won't lift her landing gear. Refreshed the firmware, reset to factory levels, and even tried to downgrade to the previous firmware. Nothing worked.
2017-11-17
Use props
fansd17af852
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1590955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Couple of important questions.  I have updated and not yet flown.  Do I have to (should I) calibrate the VPS?  It didn't ask me to so I would appreciate knowing.  Also I use to recalibrate both the Compass and the IMU and I was told by DJI NEVER do a recalibration unless you obsolutly have to"  Then they went on to talk about very special environmental conditions they do it in, etc.  
2017-11-19
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

I'm interested to know the same thing. Is a VPS calibration really needed after a firmware update on the I2? I always to IMU/Compass calibrations regularly anyway but never done a VPS cal before so it would be useful to understand when this is really needed.
2017-11-19
Use props
fansd17af852
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1590955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Truley doubt you will get the aswer here.  I trust everything that I get from this forum, especially anything that comes from Florida Drone Supply.  Check it out.
https://inspirepilots.com/thread ... -calibration.18533/
2017-11-19
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Me and my collegues have updated one of our birds to new firmware V01.01.0200.
Our main concern is NEW D-Log, which still has THE SAME NAME while it is COMPLETELY DIFFERENET from THREE PREVIOUS VERSIONS (there was D-Log for X3, then original X5 D-Log succeded by improved original X5S D-Log, then D-Log 500, and now we got D-Log D-Gamut).

Then there is question - ist there any offical specs for this new D-log for X5S? I have found D-Log D-Gammut whitetpaper next to X7 camera, in which that X7 is not mentioned anywhere!
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/zenmuse+x7/20171010/D-Log_D-Gamut_Whitepaper.pdf
While X5 is mentioned in several places in that document - is this whitepaper valid for X5S? Why it is not published next to X5S camera or next to I2 drone?
Then there is new "D-Log to Rec709 LUT" published next to X7 camera - is this LUT valid for X5S as well, and is it calibrated just for EI 1600 as per whitepater?

Our first test of new D-Log brought worst of the problems I have enconter with old X5 camera - when recording low light footage at modest ISO 400 on SD card there is color banding/posterization and flickering are all over the place in H264 recording. Then there was significant ghosting in shadows. Even dalylight footage on fogy day have very strange uneaven colors (some neutrals are pinkish, some are greenesh, some are purple - color balancing is imposible in post as all of these are in the same frame)...  I share some detail crops from screen grabs - shot with EI400 - please note horizontal color waves and ghosting... I would gladely share actual footage with you but I am still not allowed by the clinet, who still has to decide what should we do with such messy recording. I am very disapointed at the moment.

Do I understand correclty that EI 1600 is beseline sensitivity in new D-Log, while other lower senitivites are derivatives of that base one?
Are there any guidelines for proper D-Log D-gamut exposure and post workflow in Davinci Resolve or Premiere Pro or FCP X?

X5S new DLog EI400

X5S new DLog EI400

X5S new DLog EI400 post gamma corrected

X5S new DLog EI400 post gamma corrected

2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd17af852 Posted at 2017-11-19 05:45
Couple of important questions.  I have updated and not yet flown.  Do I have to (should I) calibrate the VPS?  It didn't ask me to so I would appreciate knowing.  Also I use to recalibrate both the Compass and the IMU and I was told by DJI NEVER do a recalibration unless you obsolutly have to"  Then they went on to talk about very special environmental conditions they do it in, etc.

There is no need to calibrate VPS after firmware updating unless the APP requests or the vision system doesn't work well.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mediabymartin Posted at 2017-11-16 08:43
After updating to newest firmware.......tried updating my slave remote multiple times - getting error code 0x200000........any suggestions?

Sorry for the late response, may I know if the problem persists? If so, can you please post the screenshot of error code here? Thank you.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

duoaerial Posted at 2017-11-17 14:32
Updated Aircraft Firmware to V01.01.0200 and Remote Controller Firmware V01.01.0002 on two Inspire 2s. Much futzing and failed updates later I thought I had everything working. Out on a shoot today, neither bird had functioning obstacle avoidance systems, and the one bird won't lift her landing gear. Refreshed the firmware, reset to factory levels, and even tried to downgrade to the previous firmware. Nothing worked.

Could you please give it more try? Please make sure the updating is successful.
If the VPS doesn't work, please try to calibrate it via DJI Assistant 2.
You said one aircraft cannot lift the landing gear, do you mean it cannot raise its landing gear automatically after taking off? How about pushing the Transformation Switch? Is there any response?
2017-11-19
Use props
raven4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

DrMrdalj Posted at 2017-11-19 14:19
Me and my collegues have updated one of our birds to new firmware V01.01.0200.
Our main concern is NEW D-Log, which still has THE SAME NAME while it is COMPLETELY DIFFERENET from THREE PREVIOUS VERSIONS (there was D-Log for X3, then original X5 D-Log succeded by improved original X5S D-Log, then D-Log 500, and now we got D-Log D-Gamut).

Right on, DrMrdalj! DJI is being woefully remiss in not publishing the details behind EI mode.
2017-11-20
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

duoaerial Posted at 2017-11-17 14:32

I was thinking the VPS must have changed with yours as that seems to be the common denominator with the obstacle avoidance and the landing gear.

Try and do it and see how it progresses with the plate and Assistant 2.  If it fails, you know the issue lies there.  Fwiw, I did mine in the outdoor shade as indoors I had too many shadows as the plate-to-I2 is pretty close and it was stubborn, maybe too low light level too indoors.  I think the computer screen method used on the other drones is more even,  but the screen size can be a issue there along with the larger size of the I2.

Good luck!
2017-11-21
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

We made some aditional tests of EI D-Log on X5S, now in proper ProRes 4444XQ in UHD (3840x2160) - and horizontal noise bands are still there. They are hidden in the picture even in EI 100, while on EI 400 they are clealy visible all over the screen. Horizontal bands get more pronounced if basic correction is done (puling black to 64 and liftin highlights to 960). As pattern filckers I do not think that is sensor fixed pattern noise, it seems to me more like some scaling or noise reduction problem in new CineCore 2.1. Please see the picture (EI 400) and advise solution, as we have plenty of night shots to do.

2017-11-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules