New Inspire 2 Firmware Released (13/11/2017)
7555 50 2017-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

“Added an auto-focus function to both ActiveTrack and Spotlight modes. The camera will re-focus on the target when the distance between the target and aircraft changes.”

Is there a trick to make this work?  I did tests last week in my office and tried again on 2 separate flights today but the camera does not automatically re-focus. Inspire 2 with X5S
2017-11-21
Use props
Snarkvadim
lvl.4
Russia

when a strong wind - the drone resists and tries to stabilize.
Can this resistance be represented as a wind sensor?
This is necessary for flights at high altitude, where a strong wind can create danger for the drone.
2017-11-21
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi the drone seems to be forgetting previous settings such as:
- Historgram on/off
- Default turns on highlight warning
- Forgets previous setting for focus peaking
- The option to view false colour / exposure preview when shooting in Dlog / CineD has gone (this is really useful!)

I also noticed with the new cendence remote controller I can't assign the dials on the rear?
2017-11-23
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

'- The option to view false colour / exposure preview when shooting in Dlog / CineD has gone (this is really useful!)'

This is a a major issue. Has anyone had this problem?
2017-11-25
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Snarkvadim Posted at 2017-11-21 22:07
when a strong wind - the drone resists and tries to stabilize.
Can this resistance be represented as a wind sensor?
This is necessary for flights at high altitude, where a strong wind can create danger for the drone.

If you don't like it, don't fly.  Goodbye.
2017-12-7
Use props
fansb3dc4e68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8025157 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm a noob here so please go easy.  Just upgraded my I2 with 01.01.0300 and with my normal slave controller (no cendence) the gimbal keeps re-centering and I can't seem to keep it from re-centering!  I'm in Free mode (don't think you can select "Follow" as it's greyed out.
When my slave controller doesn't have control and the master has all control, the camera seems to re-center on it's own also. Everything else seems to work great.  Any ideas?
2017-12-14
Use props
duoaerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2482621 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-21 08:15
I was thinking the VPS must have changed with yours as that seems to be the common denominator with the obstacle avoidance and the landing gear.

Try and do it and see how it progresses with the plate and Assistant 2.  If it fails, you know the issue lies there.  Fwiw, I did mine in the outdoor shade as indoors I had too many shadows as the plate-to-I2 is pretty close and it was stubborn, maybe too low light level too indoors.  I think the computer screen method used on the other drones is more even,  but the screen size can be a issue there along with the larger size of the I2.

Sent them both back for repair. One wouldn't take the firmware upgrade and had no functioning VPS or obstacle avoidance system. The other had the landing gear that would get stuck down. DJI reversed the notes for the CAS numbers and did the opposite repairs on each drone. This was despite the fact that the correct information was on the forms they make us pack with the drone. So we had two drones shipped back to us, both still having the same issues that they were sent down for. I had to walk the customer service rep through it on the chat. He couldn't connect that the notes were backwards. And there's no way they were "tested and flown" before they left the repair facility. Absolutely shocking. And typical.
2017-12-19
Use props
duoaerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2482621 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-19 20:19
Could you please give it more try? Please make sure the updating is successful.
If the VPS doesn't work, please try to calibrate it via DJI Assistant 2.
You said one aircraft cannot lift the landing gear, do you mean it cannot raise its landing gear automatically after taking off? How about pushing the Transformation Switch? Is there any response?

Tried a bunch of times. The update would not take. We can't calibrate the VPS or obstacle avoidance system because the option is greyed out in DJI Assistant. We sent the drones back for repair. DJI reversed the information for each CAS and performed the opposite repairs on each drone. Then they sent back both drones which still had the original problems. Your repair and support service is comically bad. Again.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

duoaerial Posted at 2017-12-19 13:15
Tried a bunch of times. The update would not take. We can't calibrate the VPS or obstacle avoidance system because the option is greyed out in DJI Assistant. We sent the drones back for repair. DJI reversed the information for each CAS and performed the opposite repairs on each drone. Then they sent back both drones which still had the original problems. Your repair and support service is comically bad. Again.

Duoaeria, I'm so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, could you please provide me the previous case number? So that I can check more details for better support.
Besides, the current problems you have with two aircraft are still the same right?
When you post the case number here, please point out the problem of each aircraft if possible.
Thank you very much for your assistance.
2017-12-19
Use props
Buzzcam.co
lvl.1
Australia

Has there been any improvement on the live downlink quality? We stopped using the I2 because the HDMI output was unusable for live broadcast TV. We have been working with the larger system instead.
However, we are now seeing more and more live footage, on tv, that is provide by others using an Inspire2.
We are just wondering if this is due to updates they have made or if it’s an individual issue with individual Inspire2s.
So far all our efforts, to get an answer out of DJI, have fallen on deaf ears, but seen “DJI Mindy” is answering on this threat, I thought I’d give it a shot...
2018-1-6
Use props
FalconCam
lvl.2
United States

Buzzcam.co Posted at 2018-1-6 22:44
Has there been any improvement on the live downlink quality? We stopped using the I2 because the HDMI output was unusable for live broadcast TV. We have been working with the larger system instead.
However, we are now seeing more and more live footage, on tv, that is provide by others using an Inspire2.
We are just wondering if this is due to updates they have made or if it’s an individual issue with individual Inspire2s.

I thought I would share my experience with the latest update (if this is the latest!). We have had to do the upgrade in the middle of the shoot because we got a warning saying we had to:

This introduce the following things we noticed straight away:

No longer could see the EV exposure level on the iPad when using the  EI mode - I understand why but it is still provided on HDMI out though! Not an issue as this is actually helpful.

Most concerning for us though was that when the camera/gimbal is in 'Free' mode (we run dual op) - it is no longer FREE - If I (pilot) yaw right or left and the camera operator is panning the camera in the same direction - the pan rate accelerates with aircraft yaw throwing off the shot. This never happened before the update and I could yaw as I saw fit without having an impact on the camera gimbal at all. I personally always try and keep the nose and FPV camera aligned with the target being filmed but now i cant use any yaw  when the camera operator is panning for fear of throwing off the shot!

For clarification - I use a monitor on my controller with HDMI out - the camera operator uses the iPad tethered to my controller and is panning with the touchscreen in 'Free' mode.

Anyone else experiencing this?
2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules