805 5 2017-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

Hi DJI,
Seeing that a set of rubber dampers is part of the delivery, I expected the manual to explain when and how to change them. Alas I haven't found anything.
When should one replace the dampers? What are the signs that they should be replaced and what are the risks of not replacing them at the right time?
How should one proceed? A fellow forumer partially answered the "how" question but I think there should be an official guideline.

2017-11-13
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Rubber will perish over time, the time will vary greatly depending the environment and the sort of use it gets. You should inspection of these part of you pre-flight checklist
2017-11-13
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Rubber will perish over time, the time will vary greatly depending on the environment and the sort of use it gets. Inspection of these should be part of your pre-flight checklist. Any signs of perishing such as cracking, would indicate replacement is required.
Mark G.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I agree with Mark, there is no time frame about when the rubber damper should be replaced, it is a part of pre-flight checklist.
When you find the rubber dampers are broken, please replace them for better flight experience.
As for how to replace them, may I know the model of your drone?
2017-11-13
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

Thank you Mark and DJI Mindy.
My question referred to the Inspire 2 but I understand it would be the same with the Matrice 200. What do you mean with "broken"? cracked as Mark said?
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ukaleq Posted at 2017-11-14 16:13
Thank you Mark and DJI Mindy.
My question referred to the Inspire 2 but I understand it would be the same with the Matrice 200. What do you mean with "broken"? cracked as Mark said?

Sorry for the improper word, I mean ''cracked'', the rubber damper is very solid and I don't think it will be cracked easily.
For the official guideline, we will feedback to our engineers to see if there will any tutorial video in the future.
2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules