What does this RC LED code mean
5772 8 2017-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geohei
lvl.3
Flight distance : 663061 ft
Luxembourg

Trying to reset my RC controller (I still didn't manage), I noticed that when ...

1. I leave the RC off.
2. I press C1 + C2 + shutter (all the way down) at the same time

... I see the white LEDs like that ...

LED 1 (most left) : on steady
LED 2 : on steady
LED 3 : flashing
LED 4 : off

What does this mean?

On top, while pressing the 3 buttons above simulationusly and switch the RC on, additionally the power LED goes light green (not the ususal dark green).

What does this mean?

Thanks,

2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The first LED is the Status LED to display the RC's system status, and the last 4 LEDs show the battery level of RC, please kindly note. You will get the upgrade message if the press the 3 buttons at the same time.
RC.png
2017-11-13
Use props
geohei
lvl.3
Luxembourg

DJI Susan ... thanks for your posting, but I am fully aware of the commonly known meaning of the Battery Level & Status LEDs. My posting doesn't ask for any clarification about these LEDs as described in your explanations.

I'm talking about undocumented behaviour (please read the first posting again).

Bottom line is ... I need to know that the controller is in faulty before I return it. Therefore I would like to try 2 things first before returning it.

1. Reset the controller. How can I do this? Please provide clear instructions which work for firware 01.04.01.00.

2. Re-install firmware again over the existing firmware (01.04.01.00 is presently on). How can I do this? Please provide clear instructions.

Again, only clear instructions or links help.

Thanks,

Besides this, you write "You will get the upgrade message if the press the 3 buttons at the same time."

What is an upgrade message and where do I get this (on the tablet)?

Please state clearly what you mean.
2017-11-14
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

"You will get the upgrade message if the press the 3 buttons at the same time."

I just got blue light on RC and all the time beeping )
2017-11-14
Use props
geohei
lvl.3
Luxembourg

sincabeza Posted at 2017-11-14 22:30
"You will get the upgrade message if the press the 3 buttons at the same time."

I just got blue light on RC and all the time beeping )

This is the mode to connect/link the RC to the drone.
Same here with my equipment.

Besides this ... I sent my RC back and got a new one in return.
All works now.

I guess the RC LED codes described in the OP were just completely erroneous codes due faulty RC.
2017-11-23
Use props
djiuser_3NsA9LKAQjoM
New

France

geohei Posted at 2017-11-23 04:39
This is the mode to connect/link the RC to the drone.
Same here with my equipment.

Hi!
I have i think the same problem.
First led is white and about the four green leds, only the second and third lights on and flashing.
How did you repair it?
Thank you!
Pascal
IMG_20221112_151707.jpg
2022-11-12
Use props
Sushikami
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24951 ft
Philippines

djiuser_3NsA9LKAQjoM Posted at 2022-11-12 09:16
Hi!
First led is white and about the four green leds, only the second and third lights on and flashing.

I hope I'm not too late. Apparently this mode seems to be some sort of "controller only" mode. It means that the buttons, and radio are turned off, and only the screen part of the controller is working.

You'll notice that during normal operations (red status LED), even with no drone connected, button presses will make a beep sound on the controller.

To disable this controller-only mode, you can force shutdown/reset your controller by holding the power button for about 10 seconds, or until the screen turns off by itself. You can turn on the controller normally after doing this (status LED with be red again).
2023-2-14
Use props
recot
lvl.2

Netherlands

djiuser_3NsA9LKAQjoM Posted at 2022-11-12 09:16
Hi!
First led is white and about the four green leds, only the second and third lights on and flashing.

I had this problem. Push and hold power button for ten seconds when the contoller closed. Then plug usb to PC while holding power button. It worked for me, i hope it would be helpful...
2023-7-14
Use props
recot
lvl.2

Netherlands

I had this problem. Push and hold power button for ten seconds when the contoller closed. Then plug usb to PC while holding power button. It worked for me, i hope it would be helpful...
2023-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules