Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Moderators Please Help (SOLVED)
1926 25 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

Hi there DJI Moderators, I'm writting to Support email, but they are not respondig me....

Yesterday I received my "repaired" under warranty Spark. CAS-1158196-P2P4N4

They told me they were going to replace both AC and RC mainboards (my main issue was with conection and image transmission). I have the emails and pics about what was supposed to be replaced.

My surprise yesterday was to see that the whole spark's body seems different: Mine had little marks / scratches of mounting on and off landing gear and gimbal protector (very small marks on the plastic arms, for example), and they are gone. It looks like a new unit.

In addition, the wifi SSID ID from my original box and the Spark's body and RC also is not the same anymore. So I understand this Spark is not my original one.

Up to here you would say: Well, great; they replaced the whole AC and RC, BUT,

I tried to fly it yesterday at my terrace, where I did many times before, and just after taking off it DEVIATES and DRIFTS to a side (only pushing forward stick). I was prompted in the App with "magnetical interferences, compass issue". I took it back and landed. As I said, I used to fly there before with no problem at all.

Today I've gone to a little isolate area to try again.

- Effectively the AC deviates. Only pushing forward and backward stick, the AC drifts to a side.
- No wind.
- It doesnt hovers in a place as it used to do before. You can see him "struggling" to keep his place (remember: no wind).
- I calibrated IMU and compass.
- No bluetooth, everything plane mode, no concrete, no interferences... as usual.
- Absolutely unable to palm control: Distance sensing the hand keeps changing all the time, it is not capable to fix the distance and obbey the hand. It worked OK before going to technical service.

---------

1. I'd like to know if actually they changed the whole AC and RC instead of changing only mainboards.

2. I'd like to know WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO now with this "new" AC which is not able to keep a straight line with no wind.

Thanks for your help.
2017-11-14
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

As far as I know: When your AC is "repaired" under warranty you will get a refurbished one that is equivalent to the one you sent in.
2017-11-14
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Flip_L Posted at 2017-11-14 04:40
As far as I know: When your AC is "repaired" under warranty you will get a refurbished one that is equivalent to the one you sent in.

Well, I was told by email that they were going to replace mainboards, and even sent me pictures of the "damaged parts".

I understood they were going to replace mainboards and keep AC and RC bodies...

Let's see what Moderators say
2017-11-14
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Nemroig Posted at 2017-11-14 09:09
Well, I was told by email that they were going to replace mainboards, and even sent me pictures of the "damaged parts".

I understood they were going to replace mainboards and keep AC and RC bodies...

Anyway, the "new or refurbished" unit they sent to me DRIFTS to a side and is not capable to hand control. I have not checked other functions yet, and I'm scared of what I will find.

It seems it has not been good business sending it for "repairing".
2017-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nemroig Posted at 2017-11-14 09:12
Anyway, the "new or refurbished" unit they sent to me DRIFTS to a side and is not capable to hand control. I have not checked other functions yet, and I'm scared of what I will find.

It seems it has not been good business sending it for "repairing".

It is normal practice for dji to replace or send refurb units , even though they might tell you that boards will be replaced. I’m thinking that support told you it would be replaced if so, I’m thinking that support and repair are not in direct contact which is a real problem with logistics, but this seem to be normal practice.
2017-11-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Anyway, if they replaced the mainboard, all of your above "symtoms" could happen.
It is, would be even in the old frame, a new unit.

Send it back for repair again, if it does not fly like before!
2017-11-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-14 09:26
It is normal practice for dji to replace or send refurb units , even though they might tell you that boards will be replaced. I’m thinking that support told you it would be replaced if so, I’m thinking that support and repair are not in direct contact which is a real problem with logistics, but this seem to be normal practice.

They probably WILL repair it, change the mainboard.
For refill the stock off replacement Sparks.
It is speeding up the process, check, see, tell customer, but send another Spark and the "to repair" unit to a facility, where they do only this!
They may even repair mainboards, there.
Where the work cost almost nothing!
2017-11-14
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Try to calibrate the RC-sticks, maybe...
2017-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-14 09:35
They probably WILL repair it, change the mainboard.
For refill the stock off replacement Sparks.
It is speeding up the process, check, see, tell customer, but send another Spak and the "to repair" unit to a facility, where they do only this!

That’s exactly what happens.
2017-11-14
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-14 09:33
Anyway, if they replaced the mainboard, all of your above "symtoms" could happen.
It is, would be even in the old frame, a new unit.

I'm afraid that's what I'll have to do...
2017-11-14
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

DaMa Posted at 2017-11-14 09:43
Try to calibrate the RC-sticks, maybe...

the thing is that it doesn't drift to the same side all the times, actually it does not hover still as it is supposed to do. Yo can see it struggling to keep itself still at place (no wind). My original unit used to hover absolutely softly and still...

I'm not happy
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nemroig Posted at 2017-11-14 12:02
the thing is that it doesn't drift to the same side all the times, actually it does not hover still as it is supposed to do. Yo can see it struggling to keep itself still at place (no wind). My original unit used to hover absolutely softly and still...

I'm not happy

What is the current firmware of your drone? Please ensure that you upgrade to the latest firmware.
Please fly in a place with good GPS signal and far away from the high voltage line and  factories and other things that having a bad influence on the compass. If the problem remains, please export the flight data and black box data for analysis. Sorry for the inconvenience it brings, thanks for your cooperation.
2017-11-14
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-14 20:06
What is the current firmware of your drone? Please ensure that you upgrade to the latest firmware.
Please fly in a place with good GPS signal and far away from the high voltage line and  factories and other things that having a bad influence on the compass. If the problem remains, please export the flight data and black box data for analysis. Sorry for the inconvenience it brings, thanks for your cooperation.

Dear Elektra,

After some months having my Spark, about 100 flights, being quite active in this forum reading a lot about other pilot's issues, pilot errors, learning a lot about drones in general and DJI drones in particular, and even having talked to you many times before...

It's quite exasperating to verify that DJI representatives keep asking the same pre-recorded (¿stupid?) questions...

- Everything updated? YES.
- Good GPS signal? OF COURSE.
- Away from high voltage line, factories, nuclear and atomic bombs, etc.? ALWAYS.
- The problem remains? YES, and the problem WAS NOT HERE BEFORE with my old Spark, which had other issues, but not this ones.

This "new" unit keeps suffering the old issues, though (bad image transmission and lost connection even in isolated areas or meadows in too short distances).

It is exasperating, also, when I write to the Support team's inbox asking for explanations because I was told they were going to replace mainboards but I notice the whole bodies are different, and their response is:

"Dear customer,

Thank you for reply.

Regarding to your question, I have checked your case for you.

We have replaced these two parts for you: Aircraft Mainboard. Remote Controller Mainboard.

Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!"

Again, I feel they treat us as if we were absolutely stupid and we do not deserve a personal treatment or attention.

Elektra, in confidence, I do not expect you (DJI) to read this with interest, and much more to treat my case in a personalized way. What I'm going to do is to send the AC back to the technical service. I'll do it continuously until I get a drone that flies as it is supposed to do.

I must add, if you allow me, that DJi's after-sales service and Customer Care department is the worst I have ever encountered.

And remembering something that I read in this forum some days ago:
"The day that another company manufactures drones with the same (or better) technology that DJI does, however they treat their customers just a little bit correctly, DJI is going to have serious problems to remain in the market."

I'm tired to play this game...
Have a nice day.

2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nemroig Posted at 2017-11-15 07:27
Dear Elektra,

After some months having my Spark, about 100 flights, being quite active in this forum reading a lot about other pilot's issues, pilot errors, learning a lot about drones in general and DJI drones in particular, and even having talked to you many times before...

I feel sorry about your unpleasant experience. As we try to figure out the reason of the problem, some questions are just for verify before asking you to send back. Did you contact our support? Please provide me the case number. We will have someone contact you and follow your case. If you encounter any problem, please update in the thread so that we can help you solve the problem. Hope it can be solved soon.
2017-11-15
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-15 23:06
I feel sorry about your unpleasant experience. As we try to figure out the reason of the problem, some questions are just for verify before asking you to send back. Did you contact our support? Please provide your case number or ticket number. We will have someone contact you and follow your case. If you encounter any problem, please update in the thread so that we can help you solve the problem. Hope it can be solved soon.

Dear Elektra, I'm sure your intentions are good, but It is very annoying to send an email to the after sales department explaining with details what is happening, and they answer you as if they were a robot without taking into consideration anything of what you have told to them.

It is annoying too, when the advice of the moderators are always the same basic beginner steps which we have already overcome (GPS signal, interferences, calibrate, antennas position, bluetooth, airplane mode...)

Going back to MY current problem, Nicole from the customer support department tries to convince me that the AC and RC that they sent me back are exactly the same ones that I sent to them, that they only changed mainboards, but I can tell that they are not the same AC and RC bodies.

Anyway thats ok, It is actually fine if  they decided to replace the whole AC and RC by refurbished units, that could be a good treat for the customer and I'd respect the decision,  but what does really represent a bad image is that within the company one department does not know what another does, and that one still tries to convince the client of something that is obviously wrong.

I think they have had a communication problem between departments, but hey, we all can make mistakes, no problem. THE REAL PROBLEM is that this drone WORKS WORSE than the previous one, as I said in 2 emails and in this thread.

Besides the drifting problem (which was not there before),  the drone I received is absolutely impossible to be "manually controlled". I am aware about light's incidence or dark clothe's incidence in gesture mode, as well as about obstacles or hand detection and recognition... I practised it a lot with my previous Spark and it used to work "pretty well" almost all the times.

This drone I received back simply DOES NOT WORK on gesture mode and also drifts to a side if you send it straight forward and make it come back straight backwards (I mean it does not end where it started, by far)

So, how do I send it again to the repair service?

Thanks.
2017-11-18
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-15 23:06
I feel sorry about your unpleasant experience. As we try to figure out the reason of the problem, some questions are just for verify before asking you to send back. Did you contact our support? Please provide your case number or ticket number. We will have someone contact you and follow your case. If you encounter any problem, please update in the thread so that we can help you solve the problem. Hope it can be solved soon.

Hello Elektra,

It's been many days and I don't have any news from Nicole. Could you please give me any instructions? Do I have to open a new ticket?

Thanks
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nemroig Posted at 2017-11-22 23:36
Hello Elektra,

It's been many days and I don't have any news from Nicole. Could you please give me any instructions? Do I have to open a new ticket?

Sorry to keep you waiting. I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed about the repair. Please export the flight data and the black box data for further check. Thanks for you cooperation.
2017-11-23
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-23 02:39
Sorry to keep you waiting. I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed about the repair. Please export the flight data and the black box data for further check. Thanks for you cooperation.

Nicole told me yesterday that she is talking to the related colleagues to see if I send it again, or what to do.

Thanks for your interest.

Best regards,
2017-11-24
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

As I said, after complaining a lot about the problems I had with my spark, I let you guys know how it ended:

Finally it has been solved well, satisfactorily.

Although the first repaired spark that I received worked worse than the one I sent, I sent it back and this time they sent me back a spark that works perfectly.

Without paying anything for any shipment, nor consume any replacement unit from my Care Refresh.

I am finally satisfied with the service and attention, and in fact I have also bought a Mavic Alpine White, which is spectacular and works wonders.

Thank you very much DJI
2017-12-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Great to hear, thank you for sharing the good end of the story. And yes, I am also "in love" with the white Mavic... Aww, I had already postponed the purchase decision but now you have infected me again! .
2017-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nemroig Posted at 2017-12-20 14:18
As I said, after complaining a lot about the problems I had with my spark, I let you guys know how it ended:

Good job Nemroig happy now.
2017-12-20
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

Nemroig Posted at 2017-12-20 14:18

Good job it’s been sorted. I have an open tab to the apple store with the white mavic on it. Maybe Santa will show up with one.
2017-12-20
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

did you wrote down the bad one sn (in case someone "receives" it) ?
2017-12-20
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-20 14:40
Great to hear, thank you for sharing the good end of the story. And yes, I am also "in love" with the white Mavic... Aww, I had already postponed the purchase decision but now you have infected me again! .

LOL
Do it!! You won't regret, unless you receive a defective unit, then it can be hell (I hope not )
2017-12-22
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

jksphoto Posted at 2017-12-20 14:54
Good job it’s been sorted. I have an open tab to the apple store with the white mavic on it. Maybe Santa will show up with one.

I hope so, it really worth it!

Cheers,
2017-12-22
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Spain

Matioupi Posted at 2017-12-20 15:01
did you wrote down the bad one sn (in case someone "receives" it) ?

No, I didn't, but they are registered in my account as a previous replaced units.
2017-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules