Ground effect
755 5 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0d323f90
lvl.1
Malaysia

Was wondering if it actually helps if we were to fly close to ground(though not recommended) when sparky is really far off from home position.

Due to the ground effect that apparently gives more lift to the drone, it should at least consume lesser battery to remain in the air to get back to home. Any one ever tested it out ?

Just good to know.
2017-11-14
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

It ll probably help crash or loose control. Flying low means ground interference, communication issue between RC and drone,...

I'd not recommend it. Better to fly high and fast back to you.
2017-11-14
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

It probably would need obstacle avoidance active, which slows it down and thus not preserves power.
2017-11-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I would fly it in LOS home, as quick as possible. Ok, maybe just under max "sport" speed. Actually, I do that most of the time
2017-11-14
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Ground effect only happens when the wing is within one wing length from the ground... Sparks props are what?? 4 or 5 inches accross?   You would have to be really really close to the ground to have any effect.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I would not recommend you fly too close to the ground. It may cause malfunction of the 3D sensor and vision system. And the drone might under more interference. Here are some tips you need to pay attention to.
3d sensor.png
2017-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules