One motor not working intermittently after upgrade to V3.12
1314 13 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobavers
lvl.1

United States

I upgraded to V3.12 and had about 4 successful flights. THen all of a sudden one of the motors will not start. When the phantom starts up therr of the lights flash red and one flashes yellow. Also I hear two sets of beeps. If I connect the Pahntom2 v+ to the assistant and do the upgrade again the phantome starts up prpoerly. When i power it down and re-start i get that funny start up with the three lights and one moter will not start. By powereing it on and off I have gotten it to start up correctly and got all 4 motors to work. I have done the advanced IMU calibration and re-calibrated the remote controller Any ideas what the problem is.
2015-4-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Uninstall the PT2 assistant and download a fresh copy, then connect the Phantom to the assistant and do the upgrade again.  Click on all selections listed in blue to the right where it says latest version one at a time, Do them all even if it says there is already the latest installed. One might be corrupted.
2015-4-11
Use props
bobavers
lvl.1

United States

OK did as you said. Now every other time I start it it powers up incorrectly. there is a lag with the lights it seems like one of the lights powers up slower than the others and thats when it happens. Shut down and restart and it powers up correctly. Could it be the battery terminals in the Phantom?
2015-4-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bobavers@optonl Posted at 2015-4-12 04:26
OK did as you said. Now every other time I start it it powers up incorrectly. there is a lag with th ...

Have you calibrated all your controls after you did the upgrade?  The plug connection would not have any affect, it would either be connected or nothing would power up.  Low voltage might affect it.  Is your battery fully charged?
2015-4-11
Use props
bobavers
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124
Additional information
If i power up and then wait until the aircraft gets home lock then power down and re-start the issue goes away. Di it about 10 times and no problem??? Then I turn off the Remote controller and re-start and the problem comes back. Then I shutdown and re-start the phantom and it works. Pretty crazy?
2015-4-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bobavers@optonl Posted at 2015-4-12 04:34
Gerry1124
Additional information
If i power up and then wait until the aircraft gets home lock then  ...

I think I would contact DJI at the bottom of the page for assistance.  I've never heard of it doing anything lke that.
2015-4-11
Use props
bobavers
lvl.1

United States

Gerry
After some more fooling around with it it appears that it is now working. Sent a not to DJI support just in case. Thanks for your help pretty weird problem. Pretty sure it had to do wit the upgrade and IMU calibration
2015-4-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bobavers@optonl Posted at 2015-4-12 08:53
Gerry
After some more fooling around with it it appears that it is now working. Sent a not to DJI su ...

Glad to help, even if I wasn't sure what was going on with your Phantom.  I think you will be the last flyer that I help here.  This forum is not a fun place to be any more so I'm retiring.

Happy Flying!
2015-4-11
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-12 10:12
Glad to help, even if I wasn't sure what was going on with your Phantom.  I think you will be the  ...

Gerry, you can't leave. Youve helped me out several times in the short period I have been here. Thanks for all of it. Hope you come back man.

Ray
2015-4-11
Use props
bobavers
lvl.1

United States

Sorry to see you go you helped a lot of people. Please reconsider
2015-4-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

With Credits 7144, I think the moderators don't like that.  
2015-4-11
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Gerry, as far as I'm concerned you are "The Dude".  Your rug really ties the forum together -- ABIDE!

(BTW, you registered 2 days after me and I only have credits 1337!)
Gerry1124 Abides.JPG
2015-4-12
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

This forum is about everyone helping each other. It's what we do and what we learn that gives us the ability to help each other based on out having had issues and have learned from them our fellow man or our mistakes. Let's all carry on and continue to assist each other. With that we have satisfaction and can call it fun if you like. All knowledge is needed form the young to the old like me. Hang around Gerry you might get another laugh every now and then.
2015-4-12
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-12 10:12
Glad to help, even if I wasn't sure what was going on with your Phantom.  I think you will be the  ...

Gerry,

I sure hope you change your mind on that one. Not only have you helped me a great deal with my Phantom, you've also shown me that you certainly aren't one to be pushed around. Personally, I think a lot would change on this forum without you're continued presence. And not for the better.

Jerry

(But you're a big boy, I'm sure you'll make the right decision.)
2015-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules