Osmo mobile and iPhone SE
6865 7 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
Anyone using osmo mobile with iphone se?  I just bought iphone 7 and the jello issue is a no go for me. I was wondering if the SE is suffering from the same issue?
I`d really apreciate some advices here. Many thanks
2017-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No issues at all.
Just look at my last video's.

I believe this is caused by the active stabilization of the iPhone and the fact that the lens still can move when you turn it off.
Not sure if there is going to be a fix (if that is possible for DJI to fix the lens when stabilization is turned off)
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Montfrooij uses iPhone SE without any issue, may I have a short video about the jello issue with your iPhone 7?
Can you please upload the video to Dropbox and post the link here for further analysis? Since iPhone 7 is compatible with Osmo Mobile.
2017-11-14
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-14 23:06
Montfrooij uses iPhone SE without any issue, may I have a short video about the jello issue with your iPhone 7?
Can you please upload the video to Dropbox and post the link here for further analysis? Since iPhone 7 is compatible with Osmo Mobile.

Hi Mindy. there`s plenty of videos on You tube. it`s not just osmo and iPhone 7. All latest phones with OIS are having this issue with all osmo type gimbals. I`ve bought my gimbal to make my videos better and I can`t live with that issue. iPhone se or 6s is the best option for those gimbals. Anything above sadly is not working very well with gimbal stabilisation. thanks
2017-11-15
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Siwyleeds mavic Posted at 2017-11-15 10:04
Hi Mindy. there`s plenty of videos on You tube. it`s not just osmo and iPhone 7. All latest phones with OIS are having this issue with all osmo type gimbals. I`ve bought my gimbal to make my videos better and I can`t live with that issue. iPhone se or 6s is the best option for those gimbals. Anything above sadly is not working very well with gimbal stabilisation. thanks

here`s a link. This guys explains it well
2017-11-15
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-14 13:47
No issues at all.
Just look at my last video's.

That`s what I`m talking about. Thanks for sharing mate
2017-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Siwyleeds mavic Posted at 2017-11-15 10:13
That`s what I`m talking about. Thanks for sharing mate

I have also seen video app makers having issues with the latest image stabilization in iOS.
I hope Apple releases a way to fix the lens in it's housing.
Currently it will move freely when IS is disabled. That is not what you want with a gimbal, it should stay fixed in the housing.
2017-11-15
Use props
Mr Fox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127126 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My daughter’s iPhone SE is at home; if it helps, I’ll give it a shot.
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules