Osmo + Z-Axis + Zenmuse M1 + iPhone X
1537 5 2017-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
komocode
New
United States

I made the mistake of not researching this. I bought an Osmo grip + Z-Axis + Zenmuse M1 to attach my iPhone X but apparently the Zenmuse M1 and iPhone X together is too much weight for the Z-Axis for it to be useful.

Are there any DIY mods to make it work? I was really hoping for some super sweet stabilized 4k60 (as soon as DJI updates the app to support 60), but I guess my plan failed.
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

May I know which Z-Axis you purchased?
2017-11-14
Use props
DavidSwiss
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

my guess is that you should purchase the Z-AXIS PRO although here is what confuses me: the Z-Axis says it is NOT compatible with the regular OSMO and OSMO plus. anyone knows why?
I have seen others using the PRO axis as a replacement for the Z-Axis because it was meant for heavier weight, hence it was working with the M1 adaptor and a phone and could hold the weight.

any ideas out there? I would really like to have footage with my phone as I plan to obtain an iPhone X and can switch easily from the X3 to the iPhone with the same device, BUT i also want the Z axis to be stabilized.

I was thinking OSMO GRIP - Z-Axis PRO - M1 - iPhone X
2017-11-23
Use props
fans3d974efb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 389199 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

you can very simply add a spring to the outside of the z axis, costs very little and is very quick to do.
2017-11-23
Use props
DavidSwiss
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

fans3d974efb Posted at 2017-11-23 23:42
you can very simply add a spring to the outside of the z axis, costs very little and is very quick to do.

I guess I could very well do that as well. Would just have to find out what works and what doesn't. but if DJI has a product that works perfectly with it then I would rather go that route. I also email them the question. Waiting for answer
2017-11-25
Use props
DT_Lindner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92215 ft
United States

Have you seen my video on this?

https://youtu.be/NNoaaRhsSko
2017-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now