Mavic pro overheating and crashed
1426 6 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdc62e8d8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269167 ft
Ireland

Is overheating something common in the mavic pro ? Yesterday was flying and out of the blue it just lost Signal and just cash on me. Only damage is the camera. Went to back to store to find out why ? They asked me did I here a fan running I said no and then they said it could have been that shut down to overheating.

Anyone experienced this and how did you solve it with DJI ?

I sent it back to them today.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to read your post. Please start a case and send it in for fully diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support Once the unit arrived, the local team will arrange data analysis and offer you the corresponding solutions. Please leave the case number here once you got it, we'll keep follow up for you.
2017-11-15
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

How do you know if the fan was running or not, if you were flying. But it sounds like you weren't getting air into the electronics causing it to over heat. Did you have the gimbal cover on, is the vent behind the camera plugged, and is the fan operational. Otherwise, I haven't read about the MP itself over heating here.
2017-11-15
Use props
fansdc62e8d8
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI SUSAN I'm been trying make sure this gets sorted the right way. After spending that much money I expected good customer service. I'm been trying to call you guys and I'm getting no where. I'm still very disappointed with what happened and I'm very lucky I didn't fly over sea, which something I do a lot.
2017-11-17
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

Pretty sure the fan you're thinking of is the RC fan. You can't hear the AC fan unless you just turn it on and don't run it. Did you get any warnings on your screen before it crashed?
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansdc62e8d8 Posted at 2017-11-17 09:17
DJI SUSAN I'm been trying make sure this gets sorted the right way. After spending that much money I expected good customer service. I'm been trying to call you guys and I'm getting no where. I'm still very disappointed with what happened and I'm very lucky I didn't fly over sea, which something I do a lot.

Per the case log, the case is undergoing, and the local team will take care of your case. We will keep follow up and update. Thanks for your patience.

BTW, please click the reply button under my message, so that I can receive the reminder timely. Thanks!
2017-11-21
Use props
fansdc62e8d8
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-21 02:32
Per the case log, the case is undergoing, and the local team will take care of your case. We will keep follow up and update. Thanks for your patience.

BTW, please click the reply button under my message, so that I can receive the reminder timely. Thanks!

THANKS

2017-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules