Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DIE_KUH Posted at 2017-11-17 00:55
Yeah, eager to try it out. First DJI drone since the Phantom 1.

Now I only need to find places where the government didn't yet forbid us to fly. Hey, I can drive a 2.5 ton 450 HP car in this city, but I can't even fly a 250g drone, because daaangerous.

hahaha, maybe need some argue there.
Look forward to seeing you sharing work here!
2017-11-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Outie Posted at 2017-11-16 23:21
What the h.... what's with the "limited quantity" and dji store + Apple exclusive?

I would firstly look at their customer reviews on line - the number of one star ratings is eye watering - you'll probably get an original Mavic that they've painted white LOL And given the legal position between Apple and DJI making the Alpine exclusive I'd imagine you'd need either a DJI or Apple receipt to uphold any warranty. Be very careful purchasing from unauthorised vendors - many get stung very badly and lose a lot of money thinking they found the best deal only to be sent a faulty product on the cheap with no warranty and when you call them they either don't answer or fob you off. I'd rather buy a legit model from Apple or DJI and have peace of mind that nothing is missing or broken and on the rare occasion it is you can take/send it straight back and get it replaced or refunded.
2017-11-17
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

will this be shipped to india?
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Rafi_m Posted at 2017-11-17 02:33
will this be shipped to india?

Sorry, India is out of delivery area currently.
2017-11-17
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Outie Posted at 2017-11-16 23:21
What the h.... what's with the "limited quantity" and dji store + Apple exclusive?

Exactly what I thought ..... Who knows whether its genuine ... perhaps one of the DJI forum guys would like to comment officially on this!?
The question is 'are the Pure white DJI Mavic's being sold by Hobbywow genuine DJI product as we were lead to believe these models were an exclusive agreement between DJI and Apple?'
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

romeotango Posted at 2017-11-15 06:27
Mine is green and has eyes

Wow, I love your stickers! The big eyes look so spirited.
2017-11-17
Use props
romeotango
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64127 ft
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-17 03:52
Wow, I love your stickers! The big eyes look so spirited.

Ha ha, thank you  
2017-11-17
Use props
Yejun Lao
lvl.1
United States

Hi, will the education discount apply on this white combo?
2017-11-17
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Outie Posted at 2017-11-16 18:43
They can hardly fill the demand of the MPP but they have plenty of leftover MP around. Just paint them white and sell them as special edition!

I bet if you scratch the white surface paint away it shows its original gray paint underneath.
2017-11-17
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-17 03:52
Wow, I love your stickers! The big eyes looks so spirited.

I think all Mavics should come with eyes.

2017-11-17
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now I know why my MPP is taking so long to be shipped...
2017-11-17
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

I would like to see a Mavic Pro in a color that is most visible under most conditions (clear and overcast).
2017-11-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A lava red Mavic... that would be cool
2017-11-17
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-11-17 16:39
I would like to see a Mavic Pro in a color that is most visible under most conditions (clear and overcast).

you have that option with paint or some form of covering like a skin. white is a good base but this drone is a decoy for DJI to buy time for the Real McCoy... the Platinum Edition that everybody wants! And by the way... most people don't like a pure white drone just like you very rarely see an RC airplane that is all white.  I think the best drone is the one that is the Most Stealth because you have the camera to back you up and it's best not to be noticed.
2017-11-17
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-11-17 13:20

[view_image]

it's actually functional because it helps with orieantation when flying.
2017-11-17
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 894465 ft
United States

Can't wait till I become an owner of a mavic! I have flown my P3A so much!
2017-11-18
Use props
alecela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37024 ft
Hong Kong

Looks like DJI is trying to do colour variation & offering a discounted price to increase sales/flush out inventory?   Maybe Mavic Pro 2 is finally coming...
2017-11-19
Use props
Arpin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4506073 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

i prefer the platinum colour for dji mavic
2017-11-19
Use props
Gazer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3553117 ft
Russia

а мне больше нравится чёрный, платина и стандартный цвет MAVIC
2017-11-19
Use props
romeotango
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64127 ft
Singapore

bobsma Posted at 2017-11-17 21:24
it's actually functional because it helps with orieantation when flying.

Ha ha ha
2017-11-19
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Bigga J Posted at 2017-11-16 05:57
Not sure I understand the situation you were trying to make light of!

Only problem with forums is unless you know the character you are conversing with it's impossible to understand in written form whether that person is joking or not ... I guess thats why 'LOL' and emoji's were invented but if someone forgets to write 'LOL' or add an emoji, it is all to easy to not see the joke that was intended .... also, racial awareness is at it's peak right now especially in the Western world whether you agree or disagree with it is immaterial (I have no idea whether this is the case in the East, so would not like to comment) ...  I guess there are some subjects that should remain off limits as it can get ugly very quickly.

Ok snowflake. Or we can understand that freedom of speech is very important. I believe mocking ridiculous ideas is the best way to overcome them. You do your thing, I will do mine. That is what freedom is all about. Telling people what they can say, and how they can say it, is oppressive. This is why I love America!

As far as the East goes......... Yea, human slave auctions weekly. Women are not allowed to drive cars let alone drones in some countries like Sauidi Ariabia. No Freedom of religion. Whole different world. It's disgusting. Yet here in America we are being verbally lacerated by people for joking about race..... The uncivilived world is dragging us back with conversations like this...... Sad.

For the record. I am not making light of racism. It exsists. I am making fun of the snowflakes that think things like drones can represent "cultrual appropriation." Here is a story that might shed some light on how rediculous things have become. Not talking about things like this only allows it to get out of control.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke - BrainyQuote.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/201 ... -of-white-supremacy
Liberal student claims access to the outdoors is now a form of white supremacy

2017-11-20
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Bulldog Posted at 2017-11-20 07:18
Ok snowflake. Or we can understand that freedom of speech is very important. I believe mocking ridiculous ideas is the best way to overcome them. You do your thing, I will do mine. That is what freedom is all about. Telling people what they can say, and how they can say it, is oppressive. This is why I love America!

As far as the East goes......... Yea, human slave auctions weekly. Women are not allowed to drive cars let alone drones in some countries like Sauidi Ariabia. No Freedom of religion. Whole different world. It's disgusting. Yet here in America we are being verbally lacerated by people for joking about race..... The uncivilived world is dragging us back with conversations like this...... Sad.

Thanks for your reply ... I had completely forgotten about it .

However, your initial post was to make a comment about a drone that DJI decided to make in white .... there was no association being made by anyone at that point towards colour and race until your post so I am still not sure what you were trying to make light of (your words) as it was you who brought race into this thread.

I whole heatedly agree with the rest of your above post though ... Freedom of speech is what the West stands for not just the US, in my view!
2017-11-20
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Bigga J, I can respect what you said. The white drone comment was a bit of a stretch..........

Have a great day!
2017-11-20
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

bobsma Posted at 2017-11-17 21:23
you have that option with paint or some form of covering like a skin. white is a good base but this drone is a decoy for DJI to buy time for the Real McCoy... the Platinum Edition that everybody wants! And by the way... most people don't like a pure white drone just like you very rarely see an RC airplane that is all white.  I think the best drone is the one that is the Most Stealth because you have the camera to back you up and it's best not to be noticed.

For doing work in the US, I'm required to be able to see my UAV at all times, so stealthiness isn't necessarily a good or safe thing.  But I do see your point:  Many people don't like "drones", so it's best they aren't bothered by them (by seeing them).
2017-11-20
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Rumors are  there will be an orange Mavic next week. Only for the Netherlands. The green one for Ireland and a blue one for Sweden. Red for Portugal only. The black series for Zimbabwe.

2017-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-11-20 08:45
For doing work in the US, I'm required to be able to see my UAV at all times, so stealthiness isn't necessarily a good or safe thing.  But I do see your point:  Many people don't like "drones", so it's best they aren't bothered by them (by seeing them).

Not quite sure what you mean by that - the Alpine White doesn't make the drone invisible after take off and against darker back drops its actually easier to see than darker drones. Flying in the snow would be a bad idea of course but that goes with any drone.
2017-11-20
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received mine this AM (Wisconsin, USA) directly from DJI.  Have to agree, very very nice looking.  I've had a little problem, though.  After doing the unboxing, charging up the batteries, downloading the software, etc. I tried to mount the front props.... Only the right side ( CCW w/ white circle ) would mount.  ( Note: the back ones were already mounted. )  I tried every one of the four "black"  ( no white circle-CW ) props and none would twist-lock!  I removed the right rear (CW) and moved it to the front left and it attached just fine, just like the white circled CW's press-twist-click.  So, I laid out all of the boxed props, side by side and noticed that ALL of the were pitched the same direction... i.e., both the white circled and black ones were CCW's!  So... I used the online Chat Support (Richard) and after an hour of chat, sending pictures, and answering questions he opened a Case to get me the correct props.  
So, I tell this long story to suggest checking all of your props to make sure they all mount as expected.  My experience couldn't have been a one-off.  There is a production glitch somewhere.  So, if you DO have difficulty mounting a CounterClockWised prop.... DON'T force it.  It will drop down to the twist point, but it will not twist (another protection against mis-mounting).

NOTE: the CW prop blade are marked on top with the code " 8330F__CW "  On the other hand the CWW's are only marked with the " 8330F "  I'm a forum rookie so I'm going to try to include a photo of the props.  Notice the four 'black-no circle' props on the right are pitched the same direction as the white circled on the left.
Props.jpg
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

web_parrot Posted at 2017-11-20 20:48
Received mine this AM (Wisconsin, USA) directly from DJI.  Have to agree, very very nice looking.  I've had a little problem, though.  After doing the unboxing, charging up the batteries, downloading the software, etc. I tried to mount the front props.... Only the right side ( CCW w/ white circle ) would mount.  ( Note: the back ones were already mounted. )  I tried every one of the four "black"  ( no white circle-CW ) props and none would twist-lock!  I removed the right rear (CW) and moved it to the front left and it attached just fine, just like the white circled CW's press-twist-click.  So, I laid out all of the boxed props, side by side and noticed that ALL of the were pitched the same direction... i.e., both the white circled and black ones were CCW's!  So... I used the online Chat Support (Richard) and after an hour of chat, sending pictures, and answering questions he opened a Case to get me the correct props.  
So, I tell this long story to suggest checking all of your props to make sure they all mount as expected.  My experience couldn't have been a one-off.  There is a production glitch somewhere.  So, if you DO have difficulty mounting a CounterClockWised prop.... DON'T force it.  It will drop down to the twist point, but it will not twist (another protection against mis-mounting).

woow, Thank you for sharing this here!
And happy flying!
Look forward to seeing your work!
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-11-17 13:20

[view_image]

It is so cute with the stickers!
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Gazer Posted at 2017-11-19 05:12
а мне больше нравится чёрный, платина и стандартный цвет MAVIC

Glad to hear you like Mavic, whatever the color
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Legit Drones Posted at 2017-11-18 23:02
Can't wait till I become an owner of a mavic! I have flown my P3A so much!

and hope you share more work here!
2017-11-20
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Wow, pure and white but is it just white or pearl white?
2017-11-23
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Beauty !! i need one ;)
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

then get one!
2017-11-23
Use props
Woolnut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 433839 ft
United Kingdom

Really torn between this and the Platinum with the better specs... Is the Platinum even shipping yet? Nowhere seems to have it in stock...
2017-11-24
Use props
Supervisor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197602 ft
United States

Why not use the new ESC and propellers for the platinum? It seems strange that a new drone still uses the old techs.
2017-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Supervisor Posted at 2017-11-24 03:02
Why not use the new ESC and propellers for the platinum? It seems strange that a new drone still uses the old techs.

Because there is very little difference between the two specs (just the ESC's in fact) and DJI have formed a deal to make the Alpine White officially exclusive to Apple and in turn, Apple want this out for the Christmas sales which is why it's immediately available and the combo is a great deal too - hundreds less than the Platinum taking the extra 2 batteries into account. The Platinum also has a supply/demand/distribution issue as some customers outside of the US have been waiting months for their order to ship.
2017-11-24
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NavigatorNL Posted at 2017-11-20 12:19
Rumors are  there will be an orange Mavic next week. Only for the Netherlands. The green one for Ireland and a blue one for Sweden. Red for Portugal only. The black series for Zimbabwe.

[view_image]

I hope I'm misreading you... What is the significance of "Red for Portugal 'only' " and black for Zimbabwe?
2017-11-24
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-11-24 11:15
Because there is very little difference between the two specs (just the ESC's in fact) and DJI have formed a deal to make the Alpine White officially exclusive to Apple and in turn, Apple want this out for the Christmas sales which is why it's immediately available and the combo is a great deal too - hundreds less than the Platinum taking the extra 2 batteries into account. The Platinum also has a supply/demand/distribution issue as some customers outside of the US have been waiting months for their order to ship.

Do you know this for a fact ( the reference to Apple) or are you speculating or engaging in alternative facts?
2017-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI have advertised the Alpine White as exclusive to Apple and Apple advertise it as ‘only available at Apple’. It launched on 15 November with an immediate £50 discount running to new years day when the price will auotmatically increase to £1,199 in readiness for the festive season/Christmas sales. So guess that’s clearly FACT!
2017-11-25
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules