3503 15 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Cendence comes with the Remote Controller Support Rig preinstalled.  I can't find any documentation or videos showing how it is used.  It is supposed to be intended to offset the weight of the Cendence when using it with the Crystalsky by some how attaching the Cendence to the operators waist.  The only reference I see is on the DJI Website stating:

The Cendence Support Rig takes on part of the controller’s weight, making it easier to hold for long periods of time..  

But nothing on how it is used. Does anyone have more information/documentation/videos on how Remote Controller Support Rig is supposed to work?
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Well, this is just a small accessory to offset the weight of the Cendence like you said, since the Cendence is too heavy, you can just hold the rig when you don't use it to fly the drone, much like the rig in normal RC. rig.png
2017-11-16
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-16 01:33
Well, this is just a small accessory to offset the weight of the Cendence like you said, since the Cendence is too heavy, you can just hold the rig when you don't use it to fly the drone, much like the rig in normal RC.[view_image]

DJI Mindy .... some how it seems like the Cendence Support Rig was an after thought.  I called up text support and they were not able to give me a good answer either.  It is almost like the put this on for some future use.  They claim it is supposed to offset the weight by resting it on the abdomen.  Sorry but this really does not make much sense to me.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-11-16 14:10
DJI Mindy .... some how it seems like the Cendence Support Rig was an after thought.  I called up text support and they were not able to give me a good answer either.  It is almost like the put this on for some future use.  They claim it is supposed to offset the weight by resting it on the abdomen.  Sorry but this really does not make much sense to me.

Hi, Rich, I may fail to explain it clearly.
Since the Cendence is a little bit heavy, users may feel tired when hold it with two hands for a long periods of time.
With this rig, users can hold the Cendence against his abdomen(belly) to reduce the the weight of the Cendence.
2017-11-16
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-16 19:33
Hi, Rich, I may fail to explain it clearly.
Since the Cendence is a little bit heavy, users may feel tired when hold it with two hands for a long periods of time.
With this rig, users can hold the Cendence against his abdomen(belly) to reduce the the weight of the Cendence.

@DJI Mindy - so I guess the rig is acting as a spacer between your abdomen and the back of the Cendence.  Otherwise if you are just holding the Cendence against your abdomen, you could do this with out the rig being in place right?
rig-installed.jpg
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-11-16 21:37
@DJI Mindy - so I guess the rig is acting as a spacer between your abdomen and the back of the Cendence.  Otherwise if you are just holding the Cendence against your abdomen, you could do this with out the rib being in place right?

Yes, exactly, it will make you more comfortable.
2017-11-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Is that piece metal or plastic?

If metal, one could drill and tap a 1/4"-20 hole to use it on a tripod.  That and if the width and bevels were correct for an Arca-Swiss mount, it could lock onto the mating clamp made for that industry standard.
2017-11-24
Use props
RichfromHowellN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-24 11:00

If metal, one could drill and tap a 1/4"-20 hole to use it on a tripod.  That and if the width and bevels were correct for an Arca-Swiss mount, it could lock onto the mating clamp made for that industry standard.

To be honest with you, I'm not quite sure if it is metal or plastic.
2017-11-24
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-24 11:00

If metal, one could drill and tap a 1/4"-20 hole to use it on a tripod.  That and if the width and bevels were correct for an Arca-Swiss mount, it could lock onto the mating clamp made for that industry standard.

Metal, but too thin to get enough threads in.
2018-2-23
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

daev2018 Posted at 2018-2-23 23:41

Hoodman makes a tripod mount for Cendence - as long as you don't use RTK equipment.
2018-3-12
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Thought it was it keep the vents clear
2018-3-12
Use props
fans29ae36a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21558 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

I think it kinda does both. You can rest that area against something without blocking the vents.

I made a hook out of flat bar and hook the remote onto it (lazy me)
2018-3-13
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Take a look at this thread.  Until Secret has come up with a transmitter tray there are sample trays that might make life easier for you in that thread.  Especially the one at the end that shows a modification to the Inspire Secret Tray.
2018-3-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

daev2018 Posted at 2018-2-23 23:41

Any chance of using a Pre-threaded** expanding rivet?

**Not sure what the proper name is, but I have used them on thin to thick sheet metal.  In case of thin sheet metal, I added a washer to increase thickness for rivet to grab against.

2018-3-15
Use props
Killboydotcom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 346883 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-15 06:03
Any chance of using a Pre-threaded** expanding rivet?

**Not sure what the proper name is, but I have used them on thin to thick sheet metal.  In case of thin sheet metal, I added a washer to increase thickness for rivet to grab against.

Rivet Nut - RivNut - Nutsert
2021-2-1
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

HOODMAN makes a waist belt that attaches to the Cendence remote controller.
In addition to this item sold by DJI which i still haven't figure out how it works to relieve your arms.
2021-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules