Waypoint app?
2201 20 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa82a5e19
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91099 ft
United Kingdom

Is there an app that will allow programmable waypoints for the spark?
2017-11-15
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

There's not a DJI app that does that, but I believe there's a third-party app called AutoPilot that does. There's been some discussions on the forum about it.
2017-11-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

ImTravis Posted at 2017-11-15 12:53
There's not a DJI app that does that, but I believe there's a third-party app called AutoPilot that does. There's been some discussions on the forum about it.

There might be something coming up from DJI in this regard. In the DJI Pilot Beta App that comes with Crystalsky there is some indication. It is called "Mission Flight" (see screenshot below). This option is not yet available but DJI is apparently working on it.
Screenshot_2017-11-10-11-50-49.jpg
2017-11-15
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

The folks at Litchi say that as soon as DJI supports it in their FW, they will implement it.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-15 14:44
There might be something coming up from DJI in this regard. In the DJI Pilot Beta App that comes with Crystalsky there is some indication. It is called "Mission Flight" (see screenshot below). This option is not yet available but DJI is apparently working on it.

Thanks for your attention. We will have release note if we have new feature.
2017-11-16
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-16 01:50
Thanks for your attention. We will have release note if we have new feature.

Why is there no support for the Spark with the Ground Station Pro App for iPad?
I really like this app in combination with my Mavic. Would be cool to use it with the Spark.
2017-11-16
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I don't hold my breath!
That is or may be a feature for every other DJI drone but the Spark.
Like 'Intelligent flight Mode" or such.

2017-11-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-16 05:58
I don't hold my breath!
That is or may be a feature for every other DJI drone but the Spark.
Like 'Intelligent flight Mode" or such.

To be honest, I didn't quite understand what upsets you about it? Kindly explain.
2017-11-16
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Maybe the emoji wasn't chosen carefully? ;-)
What I ment is, not all what we can see on the screen, if connected to the spark, will be for the Spark.
And I just dont think that the Spark will get some of the features, which may create less "need", to buy the Mavic or other bigger Drones.
Aside that a 10-12 minute battery life is pretty little, to use a function which may run the the Spark out of RC/Connection range and keep her in "doing what I have to do" mode.
As I mentioned in another  topic, I am sure that the Spark could do "course look", minimum if not in "sport".
But I do not think, we will get this feature outside of tracking.
2017-11-16
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-16 06:15
Maybe the emoji wasn't chosen carefully? ;-)
What I ment is, not all what we can see on the screen, if connected to the spark, will be for the Spark.
And I just dont think that the Spark will get some of the features, which may create less "need", to buy the Mavic or other bigger Drones.

The Spark can do all the things like the other drones can do..HL, CL, POI and so on.. It was shown with an unofficial version from the go app.
Dji just locked these features.
2017-11-16
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-11-16 06:42
The Spark can do all the things like the other drones can do..HL, CL, POI and so on.. It was shown with an unofficial version from the go app.
Dji just locked these features.

And that is my point.
2017-11-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

We'll see what the future will bring to us...
2017-11-16
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft
Norway

this would be a great feature to add to the spark. DJI please make it happen!!!!!!!
2017-11-16
Use props
David Calero Scanlan
lvl.3
Spain

Hi guys!
Just made my own APP implemenetation in Android using DJI mobile SDK framework for Mission Planning functionality for SPARK connecting throught RC.
I am using the virtual stick control to move the aircraft to the desired locations using the same functionalities as Mission_Control_Operator.
APP Functionalities:
- It includes a simulator just for testing. U can enable/disable.
- It includes a Google Map for viewing the aircraft location, the home location, for adding waypoints and visualize them, for adding a POI (Point of interest) waypoint.
- At clicking on the map a new waypoint is added can U asign an altitude.
- It is capable to configure the mission (A common altitude for waypoints, Speed, heading modes*, action after finished)
- Start/Stop the mission
- In addition at making long click on the map you switch to the Camera View for start/stop recording or take pictures and move the gimbal, right now I am implementing active track
*Only 2 functionalities about the heading modes control are not working:
- RC heading mode control (Option to control the heading using the joystick)
- Using waypoints heading mode (Option to read the heading of the next waypoint)
2018-2-17
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

It’s not just the Spark...Mavic Air does not have waypoints either.

This third party app looks promising.  Just remember any loss or damage using third party apps are not covered under warranty.
2018-2-18
Use props
Greg Glasson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

I am beta testing Autopilot with the Spark at the moment and I'm very impressed with the results so far. Subscribe to my youtube channel or check out this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-136121-1-1.html .
I will be trying the waypoint mode on my next test.
2018-2-18
Use props
emerald11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8025 ft
Italy

There might be something coming up from DJI in this regard. In the DJI Pilot Beta App that comes with Crystalsky there is some indication. It is called "Mission Flight" (see screenshot below). This option is not yet available but DJI is apparently working on it.

DJY ground station Pro

opps it does no work even with mavics...

I would like to pay to be allowed to use that on my mavic or spark, which I am obligated  to choose, not for the money but for the size.
2018-2-18
Use props
emerald11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8025 ft
Italy

DJY ground station Pro

opps it does no work even with mavics...

I would like to pay to be allowed to use that on my mavic or spark, which I am obligated  to choose, not for the money but for the size.
I mean sometimes bigger does not mean more professional and the overall scaling product policy is not so wise on this.

Now DjY take our money from drones and give us some very nice software for free, and this is good, BUT I would be happy to pay 100$ or 200$ or even more to have some professional features unlocked (maybe via in app purchase) for my mavic or better spark. I would like to pay for something like ground station pro if that supports my spark.
If you are working an extra 1000 or more is not relevant, but I have to stay in the spark dimension and weight, I simply cannot use phantoms or bigger ones.

C'mon DjY, no product pacement conflict in here, take my money!!!
2018-2-18
Use props
MikB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13346 ft
France

There is a crack version of DJI Go 4 which implements waypoints so it is entirely possible. Whether it is desirable is another thing. You have to fly the route first to record the waypoints so when you repeat the route with a new battery you know the Spark is capable of doing it automatically.
2018-2-18
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

yes the modded 4.1.15, with mavic flightsmodes,FCC,offline maps and OTG.
2018-2-19
Use props
MikB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13346 ft
France

David Calero Scanlan Posted at 2018-2-17 14:58
Hi guys!
Just made my own APP implemenetation in Android using DJI mobile SDK framework for Mission Planning functionality for SPARK connecting throught RC.
I am using the virtual stick control to move the aircraft to the desired locations using the same functionalities as Mission_Control_Operator.

Hi David, are you making that available to anybody?
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules