Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin M wouldn't connect to DJI Assistant
17454 9 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joshipps
New

United States

Sorry in advance for the long post. Any help is appreciated.

So, I've literally had my gimbal out of the box for maybe 10 minutes total. I played around with it a couple times, no issues connecting with the DJI app.

Last night I'm on a shoot and the Ronin would not connect to the DJI app. I get home with it and spent over an hour cycling the bluetooth on/off, turning my iPhone 7+ on/off, turning the Ronin on/off, reinstalled the DJI app numerous times, connected the Ronin to my computer, reset password, updated everything I possibly could.

Nothing. I was continuously left with the "No devices have been found" or whatever it says when the Ronin and phone won't connect.

I eventually got to a point where the the app would see that the Ronin was there, but when i clicked on it to connect, it just sat there and did absolutely nothing.

I go to bed frustrated, wake up this morning still frustrated, turn on bluetooth, turn on the Ronin, connect to the app, and it works fine now. What gives?

Extremely frustrating after spending $1,000 for a brand new tool that I could hardly use on a paid shoot. And now that it's just sitting on my desk collecting dust, it works fine again.

Note: I rented a Ronin MX a few weeks ago and ran into a similar issue very briefly. It wouldn't connect to the app (again on a shoot) but after turning my iPhone on/off it worked fine again.

2017-11-15
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I spent 7000$ on a Ronin 2 yesterday, had the same problem, not only that, the brand new unit, was assembled with a mix of new and old parts, thats what i call pro business partner"Oh, you noticed that we tried to rip you off, we didnt think anyone would notice"
This is close to good old scam, but im not surprised, considering the company were dealing with here.
Buy a new Phantom that needs service right out of the box, send it back and get a 6 months old refurbished one in return.
I Norway such business would imediatelly be taken to court for fraud, but i guess China dont need to follow any rules like that...
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Feel sorry about your experience, please ensure that you log in the DJI account. Or you can change a mobile device for check. Please try to connect your drone with DJI assistant 2 in PC and update it to the latest firmware.
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

CineView Media Posted at 2017-11-15 11:33
I spent 7000$ on a Ronin 2 yesterday, had the same problem, not only that, the brand new unit, was assembled with a mix of new and old parts, thats what i call pro business partner"Oh, you noticed that we tried to rip you off, we didnt think anyone would notice"
This is close to good old scam, but im not surprised, considering the company were dealing with here.
Buy a new Phantom that needs service right out of the box, send it back and get a 6 months old refurbished one in return.

Sorry for your experience. Please tell me the case number or ticket number of your phantom so I can check the details for you. Please follow the advice in 3#. In addition, please ensure that your DJI assistant 2 is the latest version. Keep us updated, if the method doesn't help.
2017-11-17
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-17 01:45
Sorry for your experience. Please tell me the case number or ticket number of your phantom so I can check the details for you. Please follow the advice in 3#. In addition, please ensure that your DJI assistant 2 is the latest version. Keep us updated, if the method doesn't help.

Ticket number? Connect my drone?

I dont understand your reply...
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

CineView Media Posted at 2017-11-17 02:35
Ticket number? Connect my drone?

I dont understand your reply...

"Buy a new Phantom that needs service right out of the box, send it back and get a 6 months old refurbished one in return."

As you mentioned in the last reply, you sent a Phantom back to our repair center, right? We are willing to help if you dissatisfied with the case.
2017-11-17
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

No, then i would have said "i bought"
It was one of many examples how you run your business, which is not appreciated by most of your customers.
When you pay allot of money for a new product, you shouldnt get a refurbished in return if something is not working, or let alone a brand new from the store, is that hard to understand?

2017-11-17
Use props
cvok
lvl.1

United States

CineView Media Posted at 2017-11-17 05:48
No, then i would have said "i bought"
It was one of many examples how you run your business, which is not appreciated by most of your customers.
When you pay allot of money for a new product, you shouldnt get a refurbished in return if something is not working, or let alone a brand new from the store, is that hard to understand?

Hey - I’ve been having this problem with my iphone since I bought the ronin m last year. The solution (at least with my iphone 7+ and ipad), is to force quit the app and relaunch it. I’ve found that any time I leave the app or lock the screen, I have to repeat the process. Really frustrating given the hardware is so good. Unfortunately, not fun to find out when you are on set and you’re motor won’t activate .

Hope there’s an update some time soon - but there hasn’t been a patched fix since May.

Hope this is helpful!!
2018-2-4
Use props
Jack Stock
New

Canada

I'm having a hard time making this thing work.  Anyone out there want to convince me that it's not a useless piece of junk?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2018-9-5
Use props
Jeff Brass
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4948 ft
New Zealand

Jack Stock Posted at 2018-9-5 07:41
I'm having a hard time making this thing work.  Anyone out there want to convince me that it's not a useless piece of junk?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

given so many people have the same issue, give that DJI never update, tweak or fix software/firmware bugs, given that DJI have yet to respond to any of my support requests, and given that like many my Ronin sits unusable  ... you probably have a DJI piece of junk. Their support is just totally woeful. They have a history of not fixing problems, just developing new pieces of equipment, which just leaves a trail of expensive paper weights. Welcome to the club
2018-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules