New RC SN after repair ?
682 2 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Exact Science
lvl.2

United States

I had to send my mavic in for repair. When returned I see a different controller SN in the about of when I run the DJI GO 4 program version 4.1.5.

Why would the SN change on the controller? Now I have to update my fly safe NFZ doc. I have a pic of the previous controller SN about.

Ideas ?
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

According to our policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.
You may provide the case number, I will hep to look into if the RC has been swapped.
For NFZ unlocking, please send email to flysafe@dji.com for further assistance, if you have sent email to them but haven't received the reply, please post the email ticket number here, I will help to speed up the reply. Thank you.
2017-11-15
Use props
Exact Science
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-15 18:31
According to our policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.
You may provide the case number, I will hep to look into if the RC has been swapped.
For NFZ unlocking, please send email to  for further assistance, if you have sent email to them but haven't received the reply, please post the email ticket number here, I will help to speed up the reply. Thank you.

I was under the impression that the flight controller SN was the actual RC as well one in the same. I wasn't questioning why or had some issue with the refurb unit but I had my fly safe auth setup on the previous controller SN. Now no one in fly safe understands this and will not just grant me my authorization I previously had that is good until 11/23.

Further when I apply for auth for the same location same means I'm confronted with all this additional paperwork I've never had to deal with before. Once explained to fly safe they just don't understand my issue.

How does that explain it Mindy?

So the Flight controller SN Flysafe requests does not go with the RC unit for the AC.  The FC sn is internal to the Mavic.  Remember this if you have fly safe auth and send your unit in for repair even if it was for a NFZ glitch in the area you are cleared to do so, you will receive another FC SN  and fly safe won't transfer this auth and you will be grounded and there goes your big project you were doing for the company and the new campus you will be at.
2017-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules