Is the screws in the motors metric or American ? "Solved" !
3181 6 2017-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

Im needing  to get a set of the proper allens to check on the tightness os the motor mounts screws and a few other places like the landing gear/skids..what do i need  metric or USA....I'm going to get some "blue loctite" too.....and i know use a very very small smear on the threads....Thanks All Who Help me !
2017-11-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Metric........

If you use loctite, you must be sure to apply to the tips only and apply to the screws first and then let it dry completely so that the curing is completed before you install the screws.  The fumes from the curing process will damage the plastic motor mounts (cause cracking).  

2017-11-15
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-11-15 20:09
Metric........

If you use loctite, you must be sure to apply to the tips only and apply to the screws first and then let it dry completely so that the curing is completed before you install the screws.  The fumes from the curing process will damage the plastic motor mounts (cause cracking).

Thanks Mark.....yes i heard about the blue locktite destroying the plastic....the four screws around the engine has to be the ones that secure it to the outer frame works and in to the bottom of the motor and the others look like they only secure the top and lower halves  together... Yes a very lite coat of  Blue lock tite ONLY to the ends of the threads and let it cure before reassembly...and No over tightening of any of the screws in the outer pod /engine arm .Snugs Good !
2017-11-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

There is plastic safe Loctite ....

Nigel
2017-11-16
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

screw size for the motors are M3 Metric the screws that secure top and bottom halves are M2.5 Metric, I used the Plastic safe Loctite when I installed My motor Plates to help with the plastic cracking issue as sometimes letting normal blue or red Loctite cure out can make it brittle which results in it chipping away as the screws are threaded in. end result no thread locker on the screws. this doesn't always happen but it does happen more times then not. I use Loctite daily for my job as a heavy equipment tech. I've learned to put tread locker on just prior to assembly and not to far ahead of time. one other issue is with fine threads like are used on these drones small chips of hard Loctite can cause the threads to distort I've seen this happen many times with reassembly of control joysticks, when the screws are removed for another repair the threads are pretty beat up and require chasing to repair. no matter what you choose to do be careful, if you get binding in the crews don't force them in take them back out and figure out what's needed to fix the issue.  
2017-11-17
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-11-17 16:34
screw size for the motors are M3 Metric the screws that secure top and bottom halves are M2.5 Metric, I used the Plastic safe Loctite when I installed My motor Plates to help with the plastic cracking issue as sometimes letting normal blue or red Loctite cure out can make it brittle which results in it chipping away as the screws are threaded in. end result no thread locker on the screws. this doesn't always happen but it does happen more times then not. I use Loctite daily for my job as a heavy equipment tech. I've learned to put tread locker on just prior to assembly and not to far ahead of time. one other issue is with fine threads like are used on these drones small chips of hard Loctite can cause the threads distort I've seen this happen many times with reassembly of control joysticks, when the screws are removed for another repair the threads are pretty beat up and require chasing to repair. no matter what you choose to do be careful if you get binding in the crews don't force them in take them back out and figure out what's needed to fix the issue.

Very good. Concise reply.
2017-11-17
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
United States

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-11-17 16:34
screw size for the motors are M3 Metric the screws that secure top and bottom halves are M2.5 Metric, I used the Plastic safe Loctite when I installed My motor Plates to help with the plastic cracking issue as sometimes letting normal blue or red Loctite cure out can make it brittle which results in it chipping away as the screws are threaded in. end result no thread locker on the screws. this doesn't always happen but it does happen more times then not. I use Loctite daily for my job as a heavy equipment tech. I've learned to put tread locker on just prior to assembly and not to far ahead of time. one other issue is with fine threads like are used on these drones small chips of hard Loctite can cause the threads distort I've seen this happen many times with reassembly of control joysticks, when the screws are removed for another repair the threads are pretty beat up and require chasing to repair. no matter what you choose to do be careful if you get binding in the crews don't force them in take them back out and figure out what's needed to fix the issue.

Thanks  Epicdoom....i have ordered the aluminum plates and i won't  get them till next week......I sure will follow  what you have added here as i take the stock screws out and add the longer ones with the bushings and ONLY add the blue locktite to the very tips of the screws right before reassembly.....Thanks  to all Who have answered my questions  too !
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules