1046 5 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stenk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13451 ft
New Zealand

Hi guys

I know you are not meant to calibrate the compass unless it prompts you but if I was taking my spark let’s say 20 kms from my normal flight area should I calibrate?

Not quite 100% on what to do.

Thanks,

Sten
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Here are some scenarios that we suggest calibrating the compass:
1. When compass data is abnormal, and the Aircraft Status Indicator is blinking red and yellow.
2. When flying in a new location, or a location that is different from your last flight.
3. When the aircraft moves erratically during flight, i.e. the drone doesn't fly in straight lines.
We recommend calibrating it.
2017-11-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Definitely not. A change of location over a huge distance might make it necessary, but not such short distances. And there again, Spark will tell you if required.
Edit: This was meant as response to the original post, not to DJI Thor!

2017-11-16
Use props
stenk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13451 ft
New Zealand

Thanks guys!
2017-11-16
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

I must say that I have travelled up to 400 km and I have never calibrated the IMU or compass and I have never had any problem, I do check if the sensor information is ok, and if it is then I do fly normally.
2017-11-16
Use props
Arnor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

I flew in some European countries never had to calibrate. I moved from Northern Europe to South Africa and drone require calibration. As mentioned before, I recommend to only calibrate when prompted.
2017-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules