Traveling to China, Need Help!
1607 5 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k1s3k1
lvl.2
Australia

Need help from those who have gone to China recently or those living in China please! I will be in China next week.

I know you now must have a Chinese mobile number to register the drone, I have ordered a sim card online already will be delivered to hotel.

I have looked at the instructionss online to register the drone on CAAC website (https://www.thatsmags.com/shangh ... your-drone-in-china)
Looking at this screen to register the device:
1. Where can I find the unmanned drone number and model number from the Mavic?
2. From the manufacturer list, what is DJI written in Chinese?
3. Empty weight is the weight of the Mavic 734g?
4. What is the "Type" of Mavic? Is it fixed-wing, single rotor, multi rotor or airship?

Once you have registered the drone on CAAC website, do you need to do anything else on the DJI GO 4 app?
I saw that you have to link and verify the Chinese mobile number on the app, do I still have to do this even after registering on CAAC?
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -registration.24581

If anyone can help me with these questions, that will be really appreciated!!

Thanks!

2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

To the concern of your personal info, I recommend sending an email to support@dji.com for a further help, they will guide you how to do. Thanks.
2017-11-16
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
Sweden

Hey thanks for your PM.

Sure I can help you out, in order to register in China you must go to the following website: https://uas.caac.gov.cn/login

The site is in Chinese and I recommend you use the tool from Chrome to translate the page directly in english.

Please have a look at the picture bellow, for better understanding.

- For your registration number look at the picture bellow.
- I had translated the Chinese name of DJI also, in the picture bellow.
- Once you select the manufacturer and model the system already has the data of the weight of your drone.
- The Mavic is a Multi rotor type.

Once you had successfully registered, press on generate two dimensional code and wait a couple of seconds. It will allow you to download a pdf file with your registration number and QR code which you must print and stick to your drone. I recommend you put it inside the battery bay, it will be protected and as the regulations says most be in a easy accessible place in which no tools are required to have a complete access to it.
It's important that, when you arrive in China you enable in your DJI Go4 APP the mainland China settings:

- "Enable Amap (For China Mainland)"
- "Callibrate Map Coordinates (For China Mainland)"

When flying in China please pay attention to the guidelines given in the website and DO ask the local security guards or authorities before flying in places such as the GreatWall, Public Parks or similar, normally they will be all OK and higly appreciate you asking them before taking off.

When travelling at the airports and train stations, remember to keep your batteries in a LiPo bag and at hand, easy to reach and show to the security officer the maH rating of your batteries. If your are coming with the 3 batteries of your flight more combo, you should be OK. Again have the batteries in a LiPo Bag this will show them that you know what you are doing and will make things for you and the authorities smoother.

Hope you enjoy flying here!!!!

[url=][/url]

PS: Out of curosity, how did you find out that I might know about this topic?

Untitled.png
2017-11-17
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Sweden

AACY Posted at 2017-11-17 05:22
Hey thanks for your PM.

Sure I can help you out, in order to register in China you must go to the following website: https://uas.caac.gov.cn/login

Sorry, I misread your first question.

The Drone serial is in your battery bay.
And yes you will have to register your phone number into the DJI App even after registering to CAAC. They are 2 different things.
2017-11-17
Use props
k1s3k1
lvl.2
Australia

AACY Posted at 2017-11-17 05:22
Hey thanks for your PM.

Thank you very much for the information! I found some China discussions in this forum and you replied to it, so maybe you could help me out

At airports in China, do I have to take propellers off and put inside check-in bag? Or I can keep them attached to the Mavic inside carry-on bag?
2017-11-19
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

k1s3k1 Posted at 2017-11-19 06:00
Thank you very much for the information! I found some China discussions in this forum and you replied to it, so maybe you could help me out

At airports in China, do I have to take propellers off and put inside check-in bag? Or I can keep them attached to the Mavic inside carry-on bag?

Your welcome. Ohhhh I see!

No need to take the propellers out nor put them in the checked baggage, but I do recommend taking them out while storing the drone for extended periods of time or transporting it, since the confined space and movement may deform and fatigue the plastic leading to a possible in flight issue in the future.

Cheers!
2017-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules