Flight controller SN / RC difference.
5382 4 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dx_Operator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140413 ft
United States

After I've asked many times about why do I have a different FC SN after my Mavic came back from repair and this has affected my NFZ auth that has been in use.  

No replies from DJI when I specifically sent the query and no one in the forums.

Found this out.

The FC is not one in the same as the RC remote controller as I was lead to believe and since no one from DJI has clarified this fact I was in the dark.

The Flight controller SN - FC is actually in the Mavic which makes complete sense now that I've figured it out via reasonable deductions myself.

If you return your ac for service you will have to go through the entire Fly safe authorization process again regarless of the proof you provide and this can be attributed to DJI not returning your ac and sending you back a refurb'd unit.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the late reply, the Flight Controller number is not the same as the RC's. If pilots need to check the Flight Controller serial number, please connect the RC, drone and app, it is on the About of General settings. Glad that you had found it finally, and I checked the flysafe team is following your case, if you have further questions about the unlock, please keep the email updating. Thanks.
2017-11-19
Use props
fansf6bc5222
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34754 ft
Australia

I'm going through an investigation with DJI about my drone flying into the ocean. I've been asked by DJI for my remote controller serial number, but the drone was unretrievable. When hooking up the RC to my phone and the DJIGO app my Flight Controller Serial Number says N/A.

Is there another way to get the serial number?
2018-4-14
Use props
KhakiDrone00
New

United States

Any idea why the serial number in drone is different than the Flight Controller serial number?
2020-5-13
Use props
djiuser_kBdkKl7DLL9j
lvl.1

United Kingdom

KhakiDrone00 Posted at 2020-5-13 10:41
Any idea why the serial number in drone is different than the Flight Controller serial number?

Hi KhakiDrone00,

I would like an answer to this question too. I own a Mini 2. The Serial Number on the box and on the drone are different from the Flight Controller Serial Number within the DJI Fly app. Every website I've checked claims that these three numbers should match. This caught me out recently when I was stopped by the Metropolitan Police for flying within Heathrow's FRZ even though I had a permit from the airport. The problem was that I provided the Serial Number on the box instead of the Flight Controller Serial Number which is the number that is received when the police scan the airspace for drones. This was rather embarrassing and complete waste of everyone's time.

Clarification from DJI would be appreciated.   
2022-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules