Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is EI Mode?
19741 53 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
classicbs
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2017-12-20 02:03
Hi DJI Mindy just confirmed on another thread that The Native ISO in EI Mode on the X5s is  500

What thread would this be please?
2018-1-15
Use props
fans20f08e78
lvl.2
Brazil

For me the biggest problem is that I do not have zebra information and the histogram cuts blacks before 100% if I do not use the EI 1600.
Also I notice that with the EI below 1600 the highlights are gray and we lost latitude, in the tests that I did this happens in h.264 and also in ProRes, in RAW i don't have this probleme on X5s.
Also on the screen of Dji Go has been removed the option of preview in rec 709 In this way it is very difficult to hit the correct exposure using D-log.
Please help DJI!
2018-3-9
Use props
Christianludtke
New

Brazil

I also have this problem, some solution or explanation?
2018-3-20
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So with the latest FW is it still recommended to use D- CINELIKE when using just H264/5? Or is D-LOG ok to use now? I see DJI have released a LUT for the X5S to be used in D-LOG, does this also work for H264 or is it really only for the SSD Codecs?
2018-5-26
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-5-26 06:48
So with the latest FW is it still recommended to use D- CINELIKE when using just H264/5? Or is D-LOG ok to use now? I see DJI have released a LUT for the X5S to be used in D-LOG, does this also work for H264 or is it really only for the SSD Codecs?

I use Dlog. (MicroSD/h264) Since the last FW update DLog is good again.
2018-5-26
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-5-26 23:49
I use Dlog. (MicroSD/h264) Since the last FW update DLog is good again.

According to this post it’s still not fixed, are you seeing something different?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-143627-1-1.html
2018-5-27
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-5-27 14:56
According to this post it’s still not fixed, are you seeing something different?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-143627-1-1.html

Check the date of that post. It maybe before the latest Firmware Update. I can only report on my experience with how DLog is performing on my I2. For me it's fixed and is good.
2018-5-27
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-5-27 22:29
Check the date of that post. It maybe before the latest Firmware Update. I can only report on my experience with how DLog is performing on my I2. For me it's fixed and is good.

Thanks, I was referring to the posts after the new FW release, sounds good it’s working for you. Will test when I can
2018-5-28
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-5-28 00:31
Thanks, I was referring to the posts after the new FW release, sounds good it’s working for you. Will test when I can

I know with the x7, D-log is not fixed in EI mode, and not available in standard mode. X5s might be a different story.
2018-5-29
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-5-29 17:18
I know with the x7, D-log is not fixed in EI mode, and not available in standard mode. X5s might be a different story.

Ive just been doing some tests in my backyard. It appears D-LOG for H264 (without SSD) is pretty good with the added DJI LUT (Which was put under downloads Inspire 2 in April). I actually prefer the colour space over D-Cinelike. Will need to do further testing outside of my backyard though. Barry would love to here your thoughts if you ever get to test this.
2018-5-29
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-5-29 18:40
Ive just been doing some tests in my backyard. It appears D-LOG for H264 (without SSD) is pretty good with the added DJI LUT (Which was put under downloads Inspire 2 in April). I actually prefer the colour space over D-Cinelike. Will need to do further testing outside of my backyard though. Barry would love to here your thoughts if you ever get to test this.

If you want a great LUT for DLog /h264/ X5s try the Ground Control - Falcon - Punch Dlog. It's pretty strong but works well with Sharp - 3, Con -1, Sat -1
2018-5-30
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-5-29 18:40

I just checked D-log with both the x5s and X7  with latest firmware and go4 on the CS and both are exhibiting the same posterization I reported during the beta for cinecore 2.1 (which introduced EI mode and was the end of D-log as a usable format in the SD card codecs). From conversations with an engineer on this forum, DJI no longer considers EI mode to be usable with the H264/h265 due to the expansion of the DR, and the new encoding structure. He referred to those compressed codecs in EI mode now as "proxies", although his use of that term is incorrect (as the color encoding of those files doesn't match the pro-res or raw files in any way).

While it's possible that one could, in the right circumstances get a decent image with D-log in H264/5 (in particular a scene with a lot of medium frequency texture and tones hitting "just right")...the reality is that if you look (not too hard), you can see the problem even in the most fortunate of clips. In worst case scenarios...shots with larger areas of graduated flat color, and open shadows, it gets ugly fast. I still recommend that anyone using the SD card to record will get better results with plenty of DR by using normal mode/d-cinelike.

Without knowing anything about the internal processing of this system, I still believe it's possible for DJI to pipe the older D-log to the H264/5 while running EI mode to the SSD, but short of that, it seems like returning D-log to the "normal mode" side of the recording should be a "no-brainer", something that would be helpful to a lot of people without SSD, and match the marketing that is still being used to sell the product.
2018-5-30
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-5-30 07:52
I just checked D-log with both the x5s and X7  with latest firmware and go4 on the CS and both are exhibiting the same posterization I reported during the beta for cinecore 2.1 (which introduced EI mode and was the end of D-log as a usable format in the SD card codecs). From conversations with an engineer on this forum, DJI no longer considers EI mode to be usable with the H264/h265 due to the expansion of the DR, and the new encoding structure. He referred to those compressed codecs in EI mode now as "proxies", although his use of that term is incorrect (as the color encoding of those files doesn't match the pro-res or raw files in any way).

While it's possible that one could, in the right circumstances get a decent image with D-log in H264/5 (in particular a scene with a lot of medium frequency texture and tones hitting "just right")...the reality is that if you look (not too hard), you can see the problem even in the most fortunate of clips. In worst case scenarios...shots with larger areas of graduated flat color, and open shadows, it gets ugly fast. I still recommend that anyone using the SD card to record will get better results with plenty of DR by using normal mode/d-cinelike.

Thanks Barry, upon review of my footage I see it now. Actually can’t un see it once you’re aware. I will go back to D-Cinelike for now
2018-5-31
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI D-Log and D-Gamut explained by DJI Here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... amut_Whitepaper.pdf
2021-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules