Google Pixel 2 Issues
3568 8 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_U4m9wrx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68622 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 3 Standard and have gotten excellent results using a Samsung S6 and S8 phone. I recently moved to the Google Pixel 2 phone and now have problems. I did have issues with the WiFi connection, but if I forget the network and select it new each time (and provide the 12341234 password) then I establish a connection with the drone. I have turned off cellular data as others have suggested. This lets me operate the drone, but the video is laggy / jerky. With the drone 10 feet from me, there is now about a 1/2 second lag from when I tell it to rotate and the when the new rotated image shows on the screen, Video is now jerky and I seem to easily lose contact with the drone. I don't have 50% of the range I used to have.

Is anyone having these issues with the Google Pixel 2 phone? Any ideas (other than go back to the S6 or S8)?

Dave

2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It looks like the compatibility issue. Maybe you can try to re-install the APP and check again.
2017-11-16
Use props
fansda6d4eee
New
United States

YES....totally.  Disabled cellular data and it recognized it BUT THEN first time out, the screen was exactly as you said.  Terrible to view but when I downloaded to computer for review it was perfect.  Since I fly professionally for a real estate Co., I think I may buy a used iphone with a bad esn for cheap on ebay to fly with just the camera.....I dont think the pixel 2 will do.
2017-11-17
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

Yep, completely unstable on the pixel. Needs an update.
2017-12-29
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

Just flew my Mavic Alpine with the newest update on my Pixel 2 XL for nearly 20 minutes and there was ZERO issues.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans514cb536
New

Germany

I just got a DJI spark and had problems sync my phone (Pixel 2 XL) with the application. I tried for hours with no luck. Called tech support and suggest to sync with another phone, so i tried with a $15 dollars Samsung phone and it worked. Why in the world it will not work with the latest Google Android phone?
2018-1-16
Use props
GarethDPhillips
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79816 ft
United States

I'm a pixel owner and have various issues with the Spark, but not so bad as to stop me flying it.

Main issue is that the pixel wont connect to a WiFi network that has no interest access, that is a pain. The other issue is that (in my opinion) the WiFi and Bluetooth radio in these phones is poor. Unsure if its hardware or software, but I often have to reboot to resolve Bluetooth connection issues to various devices, and audio glitching. With that in mind, if you disable bluetooth when flying, and maybe even restart the phone prior to a flight, you may find it helps. I think they may share the same radio, and as I say, I do feel its poor in these devices.

All the Wifi issues were less of a concern when the OTG cable worked, but it seems (from what I have read) that this isnt working correctly on Android now, as some status info is missing when it is used?  This is a real shame, as it made a barely useable drone totally perfect (by not using the cruddy radio on the Pixel )
2018-2-14
Use props
profTrex
New

United States

I have a Pixel 2XL and I cannot connect to my Phantom Standard 3.  Why not!?!?
2018-5-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

profTrex Posted at 2018-5-3 11:06
I have a Pixel 2XL and I cannot connect to my Phantom Standard 3.  Why not!?!?

Because not every phone will work with the DJI Go App, this is why they publish a list of recommended devices, and your Pixel is not one of them.
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules