Phantom 3 HDMI output
9881 20 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuartb91
New

United States

I understand the Phantom 3 does not have an HDMI port on the controller for the lightbridge. Will there be some type of adapter, splitter or some other addition to be able to put to an HDMI output to goggles or other device that receives HDMI?
2015-4-11
Use props
tabbe
lvl.2

Finland

You could use tablet with HDMI-out that should work but its better just wait until someone tests it.
2015-4-12
Use props
NorthernLoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300246 ft
United Kingdom

HDMI out via tablet wouldn't work? Don't you need the USB cable into the controller to get the feed? Can't see it supporting data in and HDMI out?

Is the USB in only for charging?
2015-4-12
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

tabbe Posted at 2015-4-12 21:01
You could use tablet with HDMI-out that should work but its better just wait until someone tests it.

i think the downside of this would be the normal APP view just projected into a video goggle. I think the inspire has a special HDMI out view without showing the buttons and the menu of APP, more like an iOSD view. That would make sense but i could be wrong. Maybe they will offer that with an adapter, would be a very nice feature for HD videogoggles like the Fatshark Dominator HD or upcoming HD goggles. The tablet will be hard to see in sunshine wihout a sunshield
2015-4-12
Use props
tabbe
lvl.2

Finland

Daninho Posted at 2015-4-13 00:38
i think the downside of this would be the normal APP view just projected into a video goggle. I th ...

Yes, this is the problem with HDMI-out. I think I saw some 3rd party app for DJI Phantom2 that was able to output just FPV.

I live in dark corner of world, we dont have sunshine here so it isnt problem for me
2015-4-12
Use props
fatehshams
lvl.1
Sweden

Any other way to get HDMI out for LIVE feed? As Inspire 1 hand control is also based on Light Bridge technology, is it possible to buy extra Inspire 1 hand control and get the HDMI LIVE clean feed out?
2015-4-17
Use props
jimmyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219275 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It has been posted to this forum that with the new firmwware upgrade the Inspire controllers which have HDMI out can be used with the P3.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

...Unless, the above is a hoax.
2015-4-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I posted it and recorded the video.  If I am a hoax then yes but I think not.  It is real and possible.
2015-4-17
Use props
silverxrider.me
lvl.2

United States

So for easy FPV  just buy an Inspire controller and bind it to your P3 and plug in the HDMI goggles... wonder how much an Inspire controller is???
2015-4-19
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

United States

silverxrider.me Posted at 2015-4-20 06:23
So for easy FPV  just buy an Inspire controller and bind it to your P3 and plug in the HDMI goggles. ...

$650 is the cost for a new Inspire 1 RC
2015-4-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

There has been discussions about a user replacement module at that back of the P3 Tx that will give HDMI out.  That would be a cheaper alternative or if you already have an Inspire, you can use an existing Tx for both.
2015-4-19
Use props
Tony NYC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 657172 ft
United States

DJI must be one of the most predatory and customer hating companies on the market. Instead of including this very simple feature on the Phantom3 remote control (as on the Inspire 1) -- you guys planned to sell it as an ADD ON all along? Between this and using your customers as test subjects, charging a fortune for repairs, and making spare parts for DIY'ers impossible to purchase -- I can confidently say that DJI HATES THEIR CUSTOMERS and wants nothing but to milk their wallets dry. This is pure BS and should have already been included with the P3: http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module
2015-7-19
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

My glasses plug right into the remote works perfect.
2015-7-19
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-20 11:59
There has been discussions about a user replacement module at that back of the P3 Tx that will give  ...

Thats what I was wondering what about the difference in the firmware , Can I use my inspire remote to fly my p3A? will it bind to both.  again what of the firmware?
2015-7-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-20 09:01
Thats what I was wondering what about the difference in the firmware , Can I use my inspire remote ...

I use my Inspire Tx with my P3 all the time.  All you have to do is bind it to the Phantom.  Very simple to do.  
2015-7-20
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-7-20 09:01
Thats what I was wondering what about the difference in the firmware , Can I use my inspire remote ...

I use my Inspire Tx with my P3 all the time.  All you have to do is bind it to the Phantom.  Very simple to do.  
2015-7-20
Use props
mark.rompies
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55594 ft
Indonesia

I use miracast from my LG G3 to cast DJI Pilot app output to a Samsung AllShareCast hdmi-ed to my Sony TV.
Now whatever seen at the android seen at the TV.
2015-8-7
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

Tony NYC Posted at 2015-7-20 08:52
DJI must be one of the most predatory and customer hating companies on the market. Instead of includ ...

It does seem like they are penny pinching, and it does seem a bit counter productive, although I'd like to see a breakout of the actual costs.  $99 for the HDMI conversion minus the current module = the money they save by not including the HDMI.  I bet it might be surprising at how little the delta price (or profit if they didn't increase the price) would be.  100W charger down to 57W for the Advanced?! LOL

But they might have wanted to get under $1,000, with the same profit margin, and picking up a few dollars on the cheaper charger did it.  There is also the perception that the P3 is a much cheaper nearly as good as the Inspire, but with the retractable gear, far superior camera, and more power, HDMI out vs not is not really an advertising factor.

I think it's DJI milking the profit margin to what they want it to be, and not compromising, even if doing so wouldn't really impact it that much.

I could  rag forever about the spare parts issue.  They have a brilliantly designed, modular design, and a monkey could swap out some of the assemblies inside.  Shipping it to China, or some place in the US, who outsources the work to people with grease on their hands (a friend's horror story), to perform a fix that I would be as capable of as the tech that did it, bites the big one.

I knocked off my camera and gimbal, in a way too dumb to say here, and I DO see that I can buy a new camera/gimbal assembly.  But I did not hurt the card reader, and I haven't seen a camera/gimbal  assembly without the card reader.

Are they trying to make repairs a profit center, or are they after CONTROL?  I HATE they veiled threats about data from your machine being automatically uploaded to DJI's servers, without your user information, but they turn around and say they can match it anyway, and will turn it over to law enforcement if necessary.  Do they not want people monkeying around in their hardware for any other reason than to make money off repairs?

DJI's BIGGEST FEAR: A Drone backlash, and a DJI product causing a disaster, and an import ban.  Or any disaster causing a huge falloff in the demand for their product.  So instead of the normal Chinese attitude of, "Screw you if you don't like us counterfeiting all your products", they will go AS FAR AS THEY CAN to suck up to the FAA, SO LONG AS IT DOESN'T PISS THE CONSUMER OFF TOO MUCH, so they can keep in the USA's "official" good graces.  Man, Wicked Laser won't import their product into the US anymore.  I think they should leave Taiwan the hell alone, and resume shipping Wicked Laser's.  Maybe quit counterfeiting Rolex watches, and Apple's stuff.  China is trying to go legit!!  Like the Corleone family!
2015-12-6
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.2
United States

gedgar2016 Posted at 2015-12-6 17:33
It does seem like they are penny pinching, and it does seem a bit counter productive, although I'd ...

After all my ranting above, the upgrade IS only $99, and I watched a tutorial on how to install it.  At the risk of offending someone, a monkey could do it.  With steady hands because of ribbon connectors.  So for$99, you have it.  Reports are good.

SO: Why not just have included it in the first place?  WTFK?
2016-1-25
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.2
United States

Tony NYC Posted at 2015-7-19 19:52
DJI must be one of the most predatory and customer hating companies on the market. Instead of includ ...

It does smell a bit.
2016-1-25
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Using the Nvidia shield 8 inch tablet also works well,  as it has an Hdmi output.  My Dominator V3 goggles plug right in.  I have ordered the Hdmi module for the remote,  should be here any day now.  I will use that on my Advanced,  and the Nvidia Shield on my Standard.  You cant use the Hdmi module on the standard r/c so the shield is for sure the best way to go.
2016-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules