iPhone Fit?
774 4 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I would like to add an Osmo Mobile to my Christmas list.  I just went to a store and found that my iPhone 8S will not fit into that Osmo with my Otter protective case on it.  That's a show stopper for me - I don't want to have to take my phone out of that case each time I want to use the Osmo.  I surely cannot be the first to have this issue.  Does anyone have any knowledge of a solution?  Does DJI have a larger phone holder option?  If not, since I LOVE my Mavic, I'd like to stay in the DJI family but are there other companies that make gimbal solutions that work with iPhones?
2017-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

As far as I know it will not work with the current Osmo Mobile.
You can always get a 'regular' gimbal and add a phone clamp. Just pay attention to the minimal supported weight.
Most gimbals start at a higher weight than a phone.
2017-11-16
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-16 14:18
As far as I know it will not work with the current Osmo Mobile.
You can always get a 'regular' gimbal and add a phone clamp. Just pay attention to the minimal supported weight.
Most gimbals start at a higher weight than a phone.

Thanks Mont.  I guess I've decided to use my old iPhone 6S.  I had saved it when I got my new iPhone 8+ since there was so much talk on the forum about that phone not working with Mavic.  Of course, the day I got the new iPhone, it worked perfectly with the Mavic.  Anyway, I don't worry so much about the old phone being in a case, so I'll just use that with the Osmo.  While there are lots of other gimbals out there, I'd prefer to stay in the DJI family and all the cool accessories for it.  How are you doing with yours?
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Stanford, we appreciate your interest and support to our product.
Actually for all the mobile devices with Osmo Mobile, we don't suggest to put the case on since the case may block the sensor.
2017-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-11-16 15:28
Thanks Mont.  I guess I've decided to use my old iPhone 6S.  I had saved it when I got my new iPhone 8+ since there was so much talk on the forum about that phone not working with Mavic.  Of course, the day I got the new iPhone, it worked perfectly with the Mavic.  Anyway, I don't worry so much about the old phone being in a case, so I'll just use that with the Osmo.  While there are lots of other gimbals out there, I'd prefer to stay in the DJI family and all the cool accessories for it.  How are you doing with yours?

I can imagine. It is a real bummer they did not add a little bit more room.
But then again, it is not adviced to use a case (I was thinking about adding a power shell to my iPhone SE to add some battery life) as I found out.
I also really like the Osmo Mobile so far. Great product in a lot of ways!
So yes, I like it a lot.
The only real issue I have is the battery life of the iPhone.
It is empty so fast I can hardly shoot for one hour.
2017-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules