Video Jitters
1042 4 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

[size=14.6667px]I have been flying a 16+ minute mission over farm fields throughout this summer but today I flew the mission twice and something unusual happened during each missions. While flying from WP 2 to WP 3 the video begins to jitter during both missions. The jitters are still present after leaving WP3 but only minor. By the time the drone reaches WP4 the video is rock solid.

[size=14.6667px]Below, I embedded a 1 minute excerpt of the one of the mission just to show this weird behavior. The other 15 minutes of this video are fine. Today was about 12-14 times that I have flown this mission and any other times there was never a problem. As for the weather, slight wind but hardly enough to turn the turbines in the farm fields. I have flown this same mission under much stronger winds. Below the video is a link to the log file for this mission

[size=14.6667px]

Flightlog
2017-11-16
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

That looks like some form of instability in the gimbals horizontal motor.
Have you tried a gimbal calibration lately.
If that doesnt fix it then you might want to contact dji support to get it looked at
2017-11-16
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-11-16 12:34
That looks like some form of instability in the gimbals horizontal motor.
Have you tried a gimbal calibration lately.
If that doesnt fix it then you might want to contact dji support to get it looked at

Its been suggested there is a prop imbalance problem however  instability in the gimbals horizontal motor sounds more plausible. That said, both mission videos (shot 20-30 minutes apart) have jitters at the same general geographic locations (when the drone was heading South west) while the majority of the video is solid.  Could a possible headwind and improperly balanced  props cause such jitters.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please try to calibrate the IMU, then calibrate the gimbal camera immediately to see whether the issue occurs again.
2017-11-16
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Bourgeois Posted at 2017-11-16 13:41
Its been suggested there is a prop imbalance problem however  instability in the gimbals horizontal motor sounds more plausible. That said, both mission videos (shot 20-30 minutes apart) have jitters at the same general geographic locations (when the drone was heading South west) while the majority of the video is solid.  Could a possible headwind and improperly balanced  props cause such jitters.

Ive not seen that kind of jitter caused by reaction to wind. And i also think that if it were an imbalanced prop the problem would be evident all the time also you would have a noticable change in the frequency of the jitter as the prop rpm increased or decreased .
To start with i would follow susans advice and do an imu calibration folowed by a gimbal calibration if that doesnt solve the problem i would start to look at getting it sent into a dji repairer for further diagnosis.
There is one bench test you can try and that is to just sit the drone on a bench with props removed and start recording for as long as it takes for the error to happen if it does occur then you can definatly rule out almost everything bar the gimbal motor
2017-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules