123456Next >
15420 215 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CiRec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200791 ft
Germany

EDIT: PLEASE CONTACT DJI VIA PM TO GET THE BETA FIRMWARE THAT SOLVES THIS ISSUE!
-------------------------------------------

hi there.

today we did a spot for BMW and, for the first time, after updating yesterday, we had a frustrating issue. well, we did not fly this time. but...

for the first half of an hour we had every 300th (or so) frame tinted purple.

anybody else had this issue before?

no problem with the sd card footage btw...

i could upload the real frames or the video by time. but right now, i am a little too frustrated. we cannot afford this kind of desaster happening...

good frame

good frame
A015_C001_20171116_P.00_00_03_18.Standbild001.jpg
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please help us to verify the current firmware of your aircraft is V01.01.0200 right?
Does this issue persist before firmware updating?
Have you tried CinemaDNG format?
Original footage is very important for us to analyze, please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here, thank you.
2017-11-16
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

Thx DJI Mindy for your fast reply. I slept one night over our destroyed footage, and did this morning as you asked me.

First of all: I have this issue with every mode i tested for now. EI and Standard, D-Log and REC709, ProRes and CDNG. It is not dependant on movement, I have made some test footage with the drone standing absolutely still. I updated the day before yesterday (i shouldnt have, well...). I never had any issue before this update. a screenshot of my versions is included with the footage and some other stuff in the following zip:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Wl/view?usp=sharing

And here you can find a short unmodified clip:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... wK/view?usp=sharing

Some more facts about this issue:

We recorded about 20 minutes of footage yesterday, using the inspire as stabilized shoulder cam. the last 5 minutes did not have this issue.
The video transmission did not show this issue (not in live view while recording, nor the videos saved on our iPad). What was the reason we did not recognize it while shooting.
It does not depend on the lens we use. I happens with both the DJI Lens and our Olympus 45mm. On the X5 of course.
The issue was worst when using not EI but standard mode. here nearly every 10th frame was purple in my test this morning.
The SD card footage does not have this issue.
I have two 480GB SSDs, the issue shows on both cards.

I would be greatfully thankful for any tips on solving this problem. Because our next shooting is not far away, and we will have to fly this time (so no way to use another cam but the inspire2).

Best regards, and thank you again for your help!
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-17 01:42
Thx DJI Mindy for your fast reply. I slept one night over our destroyed footage, and did this morning as you asked me.

First of all: I have this issue with every mode i tested for now. EI and Standard, D-Log and REC709, ProRes and CDNG. It is not dependant on movement, I have made some test footage with the drone standing absolutely still. I updated the day before yesterday (i shouldnt have, well...). I never had any issue before this update. a screenshot of my versions is included with the footage and some other stuff in the following zip:

Thanks for the update.
This issue has been forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, please allow us some time.
I will come back to you once I get feedback from them, thanks for the patience.
2017-11-17
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

Thanks again for your assitance DJI Mindy.

I have to correct myself (as i am now trying to repair the footage for editing, by cutting alle the purple frames and afterwards stabilzing. And... If anyone has any tips...).

The issue did not fully disappear at the end of our shooting. it just became more rare.
While in the first Clip I had to nearly cut every 25th frame out (means every (!!!) second there is one purple frame, which is really annoying), in the last Clip there is only one per 10 seconds. As far as I can say now, as it is not easy to determine and count these frames...
2017-11-17
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

good news from my side.

refreshing he update didnt help, but after downgrading and updating again (this time via assistant app an not my iPad), my purple frames are gone.

i did not test it for long recording times, but for 1 minute it went well without any single purple frame.

pfuuu. our next shooting is on wednesday.

and always remember: do a COMPLETE test after upgrading. not just a short look...
2017-11-19
Use props
fansca300d6d
lvl.1
Australia

two of our inspire 2 x5s same issue and cost us an entire major tv commercial. Very dissapointed with DJI once again. The fix should be posted immediately and your engineers should be working day and night to resolve.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-19 05:21
good news from my side.

refreshing he update didnt help, but after downgrading and updating again (this time via assistant app an not my iPad), my purple frames are gone.

We appreciate your update and feedback, will transfer to our engineers for more test.
If there is any problem, please let us know.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansca300d6d Posted at 2017-11-19 20:11
two of our inspire 2 x5s same issue and cost us an entire major tv commercial. Very dissapointed with DJI once again. The fix should be posted immediately and your engineers should be working day and night to resolve.

We are so sorry for the trouble that has been caused to your work, do you happen to downgrade the firmware like CiRec mentioned to have a try?
Our engineers care much about this issue and are working on locating the root problem, we will keep you updated once there is any feedback.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-19 05:21
good news from my side.

Sir, can you please provide us the previous three frame before the purple frame and the next three frames after purple frame?
We would appreciate your cooperation.
2017-11-20
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-20 02:37
Sir, can you please provide us the previous three frame before the purple frame and the next three frames after purple frame?
We would appreciate your cooperation.

this time you are so lucky that i did not erase the ssd. because usually i dont backup faulty frames from my professional hardware units i am "testing"...

and you are lucky, that i appreciate your constant help in these forums, DJI Mindy. and so i decided to spend a little of my (unfortunately very rare) time to help you fix what i have paid for. and this time it did cost me much of time, nerves and money the last days...

here are 7 frames:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... mP/view?usp=sharing

2017-11-20
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Interesting.

I had an issue where the I2 refused to do the "No Fly Zone" update and kept telling me I had to do it, but when I did a Refresh of the bird's firmware, it accepted the update.  Don't know why a second firmware install works at times but it does.

Another puzzle was when I did the newest firmware update with the X5S installed, and then I did another with the X4S installed as it asked, when I put the X5S back on it did it all over again? Something is buggy in the way these things update, and I question the validity of trying to do it via Wi-Fi or cellular too as I know my cellular voice breaks up and/or pauses at times, but don't know about the data stream for software.

2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-20 06:39
this time you are so lucky that i did not erase the ssd. because usually i dont backup faulty frames from my professional hardware units i am "testing"...

and you are lucky, that i appreciate your constant help in these forums, DJI Mindy. and so i decided to spend a little of my (unfortunately very rare) time to help you fix what i have paid for. and this time it did cost me much of time, nerves and money the last days...

Thank you for the cooperation and your time, we are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Does the problem recurrence after downgrading the firmware?
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansca300d6d Posted at 2017-11-19 20:11

Sir, your feedback is very important to us, if you are available, would you mind switching the X5S to have a try or downgrading the firmware? Thank you for your time.
2017-11-21
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-21 02:52
Thank you for the cooperation and your time, we are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Does the problem recurrence after downgrading the firmware?

well, again.

today i did an "extensive" test and recorded 2x 5mins of footage. unfortunately, the purple frames are back again.

so i decided to do another downgrade to 1.01.0010, and stay with that for the shooting. BUT: the downgrade fails, in the meantime for the 5th attempt. it stops at 76% and exits with an error "undefinded 0x020103". i did upload the error log. so it looks, as if i am grounded.

this is NOT GOOD!

any suggestions?
2017-11-21
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1265978 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-21 07:31
well, again.

today i did an "extensive" test and recorded 2x 5mins of footage. unfortunately, the purple frames are back again.

Here we have the same issue - downgrade does not work! It get stuck on 76% as well.
We hoped to downgrade after some serious issues with color banding and posterizastion and strong ghosting when using H264 with new D-Log for X5S.

Is there any solution to downgrade and avoid beta-testing new firmware?
2017-11-21
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DrMrdalj Posted at 2017-11-21 08:28
Here we have the same issue - downgrade does not work! It get stuck on 76% as well.
We hoped to downgrade after some serious issues with color banding and posterizastion and strong ghosting when using H264 with new D-Log for X5S.

i finally made it to downgrade again. i tried it 5 times via assistant, then via the app another part of the downgrade installed, and then by again connecting the i2 to assistant the downgrade went through. maybe. im not sure what versions are installed now, see attached screenshot...

new issue, after downgrade: the first 5 to 20 seconds are tinted yellow! no single frames this time, but the whole time. wtf? this is a joke. definitely not anything to rely on. see second screenshot.

but at the end, i have a drone to "work" with, downgraded, "sometimes" fancy yellow tinted. but at least no single destroyed frames every second, that cause epileptic reactions...

will test further soon, but hey, im really stressed now!

2017-11-21
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-21 08:52
i finally made it to downgrade again. i tried it 5 times via assistant, then via the app another part of the downgrade installed, and then by again connecting the i2 to assistant the downgrade went through. maybe. im not sure what versions are installed now, see attached screenshot...

new issue, after downgrade: the first 5 to 20 seconds are tinted yellow! no single frames this time, but the whole time. wtf? this is a joke. definitely not anything to rely on. see second screenshot.

Thanks for the info and the "solution".
Even if it is overly optimistic I hope that you will manage somehow withot the stress.

In the meantime, I can report plenty of horizontal noise bands, even in EI 100 it is there hidden in the dark. At EI 400 it is cleary visible. It is not fixed pattern noise as it flickers, so it may be some problem with new scaling algorithm.
2017-11-21
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DrMrdalj Posted at 2017-11-21 16:51
Even if it is overly optimistic I hope that you will manage somehow withot the stress.

just to be clear, especially to DJI Mindy or anybody else @DJI.

what i have found is NOT a solution. it is a desaster!

• i have a "not updateable" i2 here, that is nearly brand new and has been only used for about 10 special shooting jobs (no hobbyist here).
  • i am absoultely not sure, whether my different SW versions fit together.
  • i experience some random coloring in yellow. while this has not happened for the last three test shots, it did in the previous two.
  • having this kind of unpredictable behaviour, the i2 is not reliable for any business shootings - which is what i purchased it for.

a real solution is urgently needed here!

i am a loyal cusomer of DJI since phantom 1, and never had any serious issues until today. i recently was sure i will buy an X7 the next days. but now...
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-22 00:04
just to be clear, especially to DJI Mindy or anybody else @DJI.

what i have found is NOT a solution. it is a desaster!

Sorry for the trouble it brings. The pictures in the SD card are normal, right? In your case, I would recommend you send it back for further check: http://www.dji.com/support. And we will follow the case for you. Please tell us the case number or ticket number so we can track your case. We will try our best to solve the problem as soon as possible.
2017-11-22
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-22 00:23
Sorry for the trouble it brings. The pictures in the SD card are normal, right? In your case, I would recommend you send it back for further check: http://www.dji.com/support. And we will follow the case for you. Please tell us the case number or ticket number so we can track your case. We will try our best to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help DJI Elektra.

Yes, SD card footage is not affected.

But sending my brand new i2 to you is exactly what I will try to avoid. Some of my jobs rely on this drone. There is a Problem with your FW Update, not with my Drone.

I did send you all information I could within the lasts posts. Are there any news about this from your engineers?

At least, could you please do me a favor and check, whether my actual SW versions are the correct combination for 01.01.0010 - please see last screenshot. I will have to stay with this version for the next jobs the next weeks - As long as you dont release a working FW Update. I simply CANNOT send my drone to DJI now. On the other hand, you are heartly welcome to send me one of your brandnew i2s - then i will gladly send mine to you for bugtesting...

PS: I did some more tests with the downgraded version yesterday. All is working fine now, the yellow tint didnt show up again. Fingers crossed it wont on our shooting too...

IMG_4122.jpg
2017-11-22
Use props
fansc0307913
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9088 ft
  • >>>
France

I do 96 shoot and 6 have some « bug ».
It’s not the bug when you start, you see on the screen circle and stars.
I see nothing on my screen. But on this bug, there is not Dlog ??
I don’t see the proxy, I delete it :-(
The video clip was deliberately slowed down to see the bug
Zuiko 12mm ( no filter )
Inspire 2 ( last firmware )
DNG 5280x2972 ( 5.2K ) DLog
Vidéo : Iso400, 25P, 1/50, f6.3

video
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DrMrdalj Posted at 2017-11-21 16:51

Sir, can you please upload the original footage to Dropbox or Google Driver for further analysis and post the current firmware version here?
Except for horizontal noise, do you have purple frame issue with the latest firmware?
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc0307913 Posted at 2017-11-22 04:54

Sir, I'm sorry that the video cannot be played, could you please upload again? Thank you. not available.png
2017-11-23
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

there is maybe one last thing i can imagine that it might be helpful. i have some strange version numbers and dates in my assistant, see screenshot.

why are there two different dates for one identical version number? is this regular, or do i have some crazy versions here?

Would someone of DJI be so kind and answer my last question in my last post, whether my downgraded versions now fit togehter, as shown in the screenshot in this last post? and, again, are there any results from your investigations. i took the time to send my dngs and more footage to you. it would be great to hear if you could find something out with it!

and, btw, i think i might have understood now, why there is always the word "Strom" in my assistant. Until now i thought, it means "update the battery". But now i think, its just a translation error, and it should read "Aktuell". Both german words could be translated with "current" somehow...
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-23 01:38
there is maybe one last thing i can imagine that it might be helpful. i have some strange version numbers and dates in my assistant, see screenshot.

why are there two different dates for one identical version number? is this regular, or do i have some crazy versions here?

We apologize the trouble it brings. And I would recommend you contact our support and send it back: http://www.dji.com/support, please provide me the case number. We will track the case for you and solve the problem as soon as possible. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-23 01:38

Please forgive me that I don't read German, I don't think there is any problem with the firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2. But the last firmware V01.01.0010 was released on 26th, June.
For the firmware version of all modules you uploaded in the last post, they are matched, no worries.
In addition, did you keep the original footage about the tinted yellow? If so, any chance to upload them for analysis?
Thanks for your time.
2017-11-23
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-23 01:11
Sir, can you please upload the original footage to Dropbox or Google Driver for further analysis and post the current firmware version here?
Except for horizontal noise, do you have purple frame issue with the latest firmware?

Hello DJI Mindy,
I will upload full files and post the link. Current firmware was applied - 01.01.0200.  I apologize for hijacking this thread , as I did not notice purple frames in my footage.

Still, we had the same problem as CiRec - we could not downgrade fw as it got stuck at 76% (same as CiRec). Then I noticed same as CiRec, that there are two entries for V01.01.0010 firmware in y Assistant2 app - one is dated 11/13 while other is 06/26.
2017-11-23
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-23 05:12
Please forgive me that I don't read German, I don't think there is any problem with the firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2. But the last firmware V01.01.0010 was released on 26th, June.
For the firmware version of all modules you uploaded in the last post, they are matched, no worries.
In addition, did you keep the original footage about the tinted yellow? If so, any chance to upload them for analysis?

thank you so much DJI Mindy for your reply! it is good to know you are carefully reading my posts...

yes, i still have the "yellow" footage, but unfortunately i didnt record dngs, only full movs, and they are 10GB in size, so i cannot upload them (or better, i need my bandwith for other stuff), im sorry. if it is helpful, i could cut a small piece out of it, but it would be rendered, so i dont think it will be helpful for you?

but, as said earlier, the yellow footage doesnt appear any more for me. lets hope, it was just bad luck here...

regarding the two different "01.01.0010" versions in assistant. on which one should i click here, as there are two of them?

and as also said earlier, it is absolutely impossible for me to send my drone to you for the reason of a not working firmware update, i hope you can understand that fact. my business relies partly on that drone, and i think i am not the only one...

again, thanks for your help, im sure (and looking forward to it), you and your engineers will solve this issue without me sending the i2 to you...

good luck ;)
2017-11-23
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-23 08:24
thank you so much DJI Mindy for your reply! it is good to know you are carefully reading my posts...

yes, i still have the "yellow" footage, but unfortunately i didnt record dngs, only full movs, and they are 10GB in size, so i cannot upload them (or better, i need my bandwith for other stuff), im sorry. if it is helpful, i could cut a small piece out of it, but it would be rendered, so i dont think it will be helpful for you?

Do I understand correctly that you downgraded to 01.01.0010 to avoid further problems? Which one did you use - June or November?
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DrMrdalj Posted at 2017-11-23 06:14
Hello DJI Mindy,
I will upload full files and post the link. Current firmware was applied - 01.01.0200.  I apologize for hijacking this thread , as I did not notice purple frames in my footage.

Hi DrMrdalj.
Both of them are OK for X5S, Please have a try again.
For your issue, our engineers need the original footage for analysis, would you mind uploading to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here? We sincerely apologize for the trouble caused and appreciate your time.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-23 08:24

CiRec, both of them are OK for X5S, the firmware in 16th, Nov is optimized for X7, it doesn't matter for X5S.
10G is too big to upload, if the clips are rendered, that would be not necessary.
I do understand your situation, our engineers and factory are working on testing, I also hope the problem will get sorted out soon.
2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc0307913 Posted at 2017-11-22 04:54

Sir, we see your post in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ ... k/1884007798295724/
But we need the original footage for analysis, would you mind uploading them to Dropbox or Google Driver for analysis?
Besides, does the issue happen to all formats or just DNG 5.2K? How about the footage in Micro SD card?
2017-11-23
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DrMrdalj Posted at 2017-11-23 12:48
Do I understand correctly that you downgraded to 01.01.0010 to avoid further problems? Which one did you use - June or November?

yes, i did downgrade to 01.01.0010 - not to "avoid further problems" but to make the drone usable again. these purple frames rendered the i2 abolutely useless for my purpose.

downgrading was no problem the first time i did. then i tried to upgrade again - with purple frames again. so i downgraded another time back to 01.01.0010 - this time it was a horror procedure, i needed about 10 attempts to get it working.

maybe i used a different version of the two 01.01.0010 versions (that sound funny doesnt it?). but i am not sure. i needed the drone the next day for a shooting, so i was quite stressed at this time.
2017-11-24
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-23 18:45
CiRec, both of them are OK for X5S, the firmware in 16th, Nov is optimized for X7, it doesn't matter for X5S.
10G is too big to upload, if the clips are rendered, that would be not necessary.
I do understand your situation, our engineers and factory are working on testing, I also hope the problem will get sorted out soon.

thanks again for your help!

two points about your last post:

there is no firmware on 16th, november. i only have one from the 15th, as you can see in my screenshot.

it doesnt matter for the x5? besides you introduced a completely new handling of exposure and color in this firmware, regarding EI mode, D-Log/Rec709, Cinecore 2.1, etc? nice to have features...

again, i am sure you will sort it out soon. but for sure, if there are no really good news / tips from you, i will stay at 01.01.0010. lets hope, with the next firmware release i can upgrade again - because there will be no downgrade possible back to 01.01.0010 if i understood this right, you can only downgrade one step?
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-24 03:16
thanks again for your help!

two points about your last post:

Oops, sorry that I input the wrong date, the v01.01.0100 in 13th, November is the optimized version only for X7. To be more specific, we only optimized the ESC for X7, it has nothing to do with other parts. Don't worry.
Before we figure it out, I also suggest to keep the  v01.01.0100, we really hope it will not affect your incoming work.
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-24 04:19
Oops, sorry that I input the wrong date, the v01.01.0100 in 13th, November is the optimized version only for X7. To be more specific, we only optimized the ESC for X7, it has nothing to do with other parts. Don't worry.
Before we figure it out, I also suggest to keep the  v01.01.0100, we really hope it will not affect your incoming work.

By the way, can you recall the purple frame occurred in which frame? 30 fps, 48 fps or 59.94 fps?
2017-11-24
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-24 05:39
By the way, can you recall the purple frame occurred in which frame? 30 fps, 48 fps or 59.94 fps?

yes i can, and your engineers should be able to do this as well: the dngs are numbered in numerical order, so the 7 frames i uploaded are frame 101 - 107 ;)

but i also can assure, the occurence is absolutely random, there is no recognizeable pattern. sometimes there were 2 per second, starting from the first second, sometimes there were only 1 per 5 seconds, starting from the 10th second, and so on.

i (nearly) always shoot in 25p, so did i in this case.
2017-11-24
Use props
phover
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2335007 ft
  • >>>
Canada

To solve the situation of an issue with the I2 on set, we bought a second one and we don't touch it if it works.  We update one, if it doesn't work correctly after the update, we use the second one.  That gives time to find the problem with number one and meanwhile we can deliver the promise I2 shots to our customer.  It's always good to have a backup, and a backup of a backup.  We now have 3 inspire 2 full licensed just to be sure.  We sleep better now.  

X7 is coming and we will update one inspire 2 only.   If it doesn't work correctly or if an unknow (or know) problem occur on set, will be easier to justify the use of the X5S with a working backup I2.  At the end of the day, they will have their shots (maybe not exactly in 6K with the X7 for example), but they will have them coming from what they pay for : the I2 (they don't want to see you flying a phantom as a I2 backup if what they want is cDNG raw footage, trust me!)

We just try to limit the risk.  At the end, it's our reputation that is in play in this.  And a couple of grants to save it worth more than any unsatisfaid productions...

Hope that all these update issues will be resolve.

Good luck.

Martin
2017-11-24
Use props
DrMrdalj
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-23 01:11

Dear DJI Mindy,

I uploaded original files as requested and started new thread, in order to separate discussion from CiRec purple frames problem. I kindly ask you for your comment.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 2&fromuid=97513
2017-11-24
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules