Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
*SOLVED* purple frames prores 422 SSD after update 01.01.0200
15415 215 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
qwer0077.hanmai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3275328 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

I have had the same symptoms since cirec experienced a purple frame problem, and downgraded from 0200 to 0100. Previously, downgrade failed without upgrading to 0300 and downgrading to 0100 fails.I upgraded to 0300 firmware and the same symptom continued to downgrade to 0100, but 73% continued to fail. However, I knew how to downgrade. I disconnected the gimbal and proceeded to downgrade, but after that, If you run downgrade again, 73% will succeed in downgrading the firmware without fail. Attached image is the picture taken from the computer which opened the DNG file from CDNG file.
1514957576756.jpg
2018-1-2
Use props
qwer0077.hanmai
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Korea

Now the purple frame is missing the original and downgrading from 0300 to 0100 is really hard and uneasy I have been experiencing the same symptoms my friend has been in contact and my friend is hoping to fix this problem sooner Purple frame is a really horrible thing It can not be in the field.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

gamette Posted at 2018-1-2 11:34
DJI Mindy: I've posted the unchanged ProRes to Frame.io at the following link:

Gamette Inspire 2 Purple Frame Example #1 – purple frame occurs at 0:00:10:19

Gamette, thank you very much for the footage, I have forwarded it to our engineers, I will keep you updated once I get any feedback from them, thank you for the patience.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

qwer0077.hanmai Posted at 2018-1-2 22:04
Now the purple frame is missing the original and downgrading from 0300 to 0100 is really hard and uneasy I have been experiencing the same symptoms my friend has been in contact and my friend is hoping to fix this problem sooner Purple frame is a really horrible thing It can not be in the field.

Hanmai, just to verify, the issue disappeared after downgrading, right?We still need the original footage for analysis, could you please upload the footage to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link to us?
Besides, we have a beta firmware, would you like to have a try? If yes, please PM me your DJI account, thank you for your time.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gamette Posted at 2018-1-2 12:18
Here's another one:

Gamette Inspire 2 Purple Frame Example #2 – purple frame occurs at 0:00:20:18

Gamette, any chance to try our beta firmware?
2018-1-3
Use props
qwer0077.hanmai
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Korea

Sorry, but I do not want to test the beta version. If I have the same symptoms after testing and can not get back to 0100, I can not use inspire2 for shooting and I'm sorry, but the purple frame original is not in now
2018-1-3
Use props
qwer0077.hanmai
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Korea

I want to know the exact cause, and I hope to release the official version firmware soon, not the beta version.
2018-1-3
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200791 ft
Germany

thanks @all for keeping this thread alive and drawing the attention to DJI developers!

two things from my side:

1. i have MUCH MORE purple frames than all of you seem to get. see my last (rendered not original) clip here:
<quote 2017-12-13 02:20:57>
my tests showed, that there was an excessive occurrence of purple frames when shooting in ProRes 4444XQ! i have rendered a small version of a clip to show the uncountable purple frames:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eWStDjC8P-h5l2l22tWSJBE0qou7xUaY/view
</quote>

2. DJI MINDY - you said you do not have an example aircraft for analysis. if there is any way i could help you out, i might think about it. but unfortunately, i do not think it is possible to send my i2 from germany to you and wait for a long time to get it back.

answers to your questions in some previous posts:
"I have a question for you. Do you use Mac when you update or do you use Windows? I use Windows and my friend use Mac. I have no problem with that friend."
i use mac, but i also tried to use the ios app on iphone and ipad.

"does your dealer allow you to return it as long as it's still under warranty? I bought mine directly from DJI so I'm guessing that's not an option for me. "
i bought mine from a dealer in germany. i dont know how the procedure is exactly. in my whole life, i never had to rely on warrant for an expensive product like this. so i still hope, there will be another solution this time too...
2018-1-3
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2471076 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-3 03:45
Gamette, any chance to try our beta firmware?

I might be willing to try, depending on the terms and conditions. I can send you a PM about it.
2018-1-3
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

CiRec Posted at 2018-1-3 05:33
thanks @all for keeping this thread alive and drawing the attention to DJI developers!

two things from my side:

Hi. This is a terrible thread to read. I'm so sorry this is happening. It's exactly my nightmare. Especially with a Blue chip client.  If this happened with the clients that I have they would never use me again, and the reputation of my business that I have spent over 20 years building up would be destroyed. Clients will not accept that the camera or truck or plane has an issue that would cause a shoot or a survey to be abandoned or wasted. If I didn't turn up for a meeting my clients would not use me again if I tried to blame the software in the car I was driving.  Clients will not accept the argument that this is a new technology that requires patience.  They will blame the operator or camera man or car driver for not being prepared properly. This should not be allowed to happen. I have had my own issues with the latest I2 firmware and Go4 IOS app and it is obvious that the latest update has major flaws.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gamette Posted at 2018-1-3 07:32
I might be willing to try, depending on the terms and conditions. I can send you a PM about it.

Thank you Sir, PM received with thanks, please check my reply, thank you.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

qwer0077.hanmai Posted at 2018-1-3 05:27
I want to know the exact cause, and I hope to release the official version firmware soon, not the beta version.

Sir, I totally understand. But the beta firmware will not affect anything and you can still downgrade, of course we respct your decision and we also hope the issue will get sorted out soon.
2018-1-3
Use props
qwer0077.hanmai
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Korea

Where and how do I get beta firmware?
2018-1-4
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

qwer0077.hanmai Posted at 2018-1-4 00:38

Will DJI swap an Inspire 2. Hanmai can get back onto his day job while DJI has the AC for testing. Hanmai does not work for DJI as a beta tester. If DJI is serious with helping customers, it should be a reasonable expectation. Once DJI done with their beta testing and with satisfactory results, the original Inspire can be swapped with Hanmai.
2018-1-4
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-3 23:37
Thank you Sir, PM received with thanks, please check my reply, thank you.

DJI Mindy: I PM'd you my DJI account for the beta firmware. Thanks!
2018-1-4
Use props
The Flying Thin
lvl.1
Italy

purple frames SSD ApplePro Res 4444 XQ after update

Hi everyone!
I had the same problem two days ago, when I was testing the Inspire 2 X5S in low light situation. Unfortunately I updated my drone two days before and I didn't had the chance to read this thread before my update. You can see the problem in the attached pic (but there are many more in the shooting I've done). Exactly as well as others had.

I've passed the last two days doing tests after reading your posts. And the results is that I can't replicate the issue.

I did try most of the combination of SSD and SD resolutions or shooting mode and colour profile from the available ones and non of these reported the issue again. Even the combination that had experienced the issue two days before didn't make any purple frames.
Rec time was 5 mins each and indoor at 19°C. I think it is due by the fact that the drone it wasn't flying actually, but motors were on and off during the tests.
This reminds me that CiRec did some similar tests, where indoor (I assume not flying drone) reported no purple frames at all.

I should have the chance to fly tomorrow and I'll do some tests again. I'll keep you posted.

But what would scary me most would be if I couldn't replicate the issue even in flight... This would be a nightmare to find out what went wrong...

PS: just to let DJI engineers note that I've updated my I2 through iPad.

Purple Frame

Purple Frame
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

qwer0077.hanmai Posted at 2018-1-4 00:38

You can PM me your DJI account and we will push it to your account, thank you for your assistance.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DTK Posted at 2018-1-4 00:53
Will DJI swap an Inspire 2. Hanmai can get back onto his day job while DJI has the AC for testing. Hanmai does not work for DJI as a beta tester. If DJI is serious with helping customers, it should be a reasonable expectation. Once DJI done with their beta testing and with satisfactory results, the original Inspire can be swapped with Hanmai.

DTK, we are terribly sorry for the trouble caused to the users who have this issue, but we cannot verify if it is hardware issue at the moment, maybe replacing the aircraft cannot get it sorted out completely.
We understand the inconvenience caused and we will never force customer to have a test, we respect every customer's decision, we also hope the issue will be addressed shortly.
Thanks for your kind understanding.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The Flying Thin Posted at 2018-1-4 15:44
Hi everyone!
I had the same problem two days ago, when I was testing the Inspire 2 X5S in low light situation. Unfortunately I updated my drone two days before and I didn't had the chance to read this thread before my update. You can see the problem in the attached pic (but there are many more in the shooting I've done). Exactly as well as others had.

Hi Thin, thanks for your feedback and kindness to do the test, it could relate to the temperature, we would appreciate if you can get back to us if the problem persists.
No worries, our engineers are working on this issue since CiRec started this post, please allow us some time, thank you.
2018-1-5
Use props
TheFlyingThingy
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-5 01:00
Hi Thin, thanks for your feedback and kindness to do the test, it could relate to the temperature, we would appreciate if you can get back to us if the problem persists.
No worries, our engineers are working on this issue since CiRec started this post, please allow us some time, thank you.

Hi DJI Mindy,
Thank you, I'm sure your engineers are working on it. If it is temperature related I can tell you that the day the issue occurred it was no more then 2°C.

2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gamette Posted at 2018-1-4 09:24
DJI Mindy: I PM'd you my DJI account for the beta firmware. Thanks!

Thank you, please check my reply.
2018-1-5
Use props
COPTERFILM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 725 ft
Czechia

Any news to this case? Yesterday i have uploaded 01.01.0302 Beta firmware to our Inspire 2 (the one that we had an issue with purple frames with 0200 firmware) and gonna try some tests. Is there anybody also testing the new beta? Any news about it? We need to solve it quite fast (new firmware or downgrade to 0100) because in few weeks we are having very important projects abroad, and we cant have purple frames for 100%!
2018-1-9
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

COPTERFILM Posted at 2018-1-9 12:21
Any news to this case? Yesterday i have uploaded 01.01.0302 Beta firmware to our Inspire 2 (the one that we had an issue with purple frames with 0200 firmware) and gonna try some tests. Is there anybody also testing the new beta? Any news about it? We need to solve it quite fast (new firmware or downgrade to 0100) because in few weeks we are having very important projects abroad, and we cant have purple frames for 100%!

I haven't had a chance to upload the beta firmware yet. I plan on doing the upgrade tomorrow and then I'm going to test though the weekend with a less critical project. I'll keep you posted on what I find.
2018-1-10
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

Any news to this case? Yesterday i have uploaded 01.01.0302 Beta firmware to our Inspire 2 (the one that we had an issue with purple frames with 0200 firmware) and gonna try some tests. Is there anybody also testing the new beta? Any news about it? We need to solve it quite fast (new firmware or downgrade to 0100) because in few weeks we are having very important projects abroad, and we cant have purple frames for 100%!

i did my previous tests right after uploading the new beta / fw, without going outside. for me the issue was not situation related, it always occured.

i have gone through that procedure 4 times now, and this time i would prefer to wait for a positive response from anyone of you here in this thread.

the best response would be, that the issue is resolved, the worst that it is not possible to go back to .0010 anymore...
2018-1-11
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

CiRec Posted at 2018-1-11 02:26
i did my previous tests right after uploading the new beta / fw, without going outside. for me the issue was not situation related, it always occured.

i have gone through that procedure 4 times now, and this time i would prefer to wait for a positive response from anyone of you here in this thread.

I just tried updating but the beta firmware didn't show in my account. I sent a PM to DJI Mindy to try to figure out how to resolve that. I may try a different device.

Is there any other setting that needs to be modified in the DJI Go 4 app to allow beta downloads?
2018-1-11
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

gamette Posted at 2018-1-11 07:58
I just tried updating but the beta firmware didn't show in my account. I sent a PM to DJI Mindy to try to figure out how to resolve that. I may try a different device.

Is there any other setting that needs to be modified in the DJI Go 4 app to allow beta downloads?

You need to contact DJI (i did via Mindy), they will ask for your DJI account and upload the beta to your account.

I then did upload the beta via DJI assistant, dont know whether it will be possible through DJI GO too.
2018-1-12
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

CiRec Posted at 2018-1-12 02:46
You need to contact DJI (i did via Mindy), they will ask for your DJI account and upload the beta to your account.

I then did upload the beta via DJI assistant, dont know whether it will be possible through DJI GO too.

Yes. I contacted DJI Mindy to confirm if the beta was released to my account. (It was supposedly released to my account last week.)

I tried DJI Assistant 2 via my Mac this morning and it still didn't show.
2018-1-12
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

Still no beta version showing up on my account.

DJI Mindy: can you check to see if it the beta is available for my account? Thanks!
2018-1-15
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

gamette Posted at 2018-1-15 18:10
Still no beta version showing up on my account.

DJI Mindy: can you check to see if it the beta is available for my account? Thanks!

maybe you should try to contact Mindy again via PM.

I would love to hear your results from testing the new beta. as it turns out to be fixing our issue (at tleast for you), i will as soon as possible test it too!
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Still no beta version showing up on my account.

Gamette, I'm sorry that I missed your PM, no problem, I will inform our engineers to push the beta again, wait me for a second.
Next time please reply to my post directly, I will get the notification and will reply the post as fast as I can, thanks.

2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Any news to this case? Yesterday i have uploaded 01.01.0302 Beta firmware to our Inspire 2 (the one that we had an issue with purple frames with 0200 firmware) and gonna try some tests. Is there anybody also testing the new beta? Any news about it? We need to solve it quite fast (new firmware or downgrade to 0100) because in few weeks we are having very important projects abroad, and we cant have purple frames for 100%!

COPTERFILM, where did you get the beta? Did you contact our support via other channel.
How about the performance? Your feedback is very important to us, appreciate your further update.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Still no beta version showing up on my account.

Hello Sir, it has been added again, would you please have a try at your earliest convenience?
2018-1-16
Use props
COPTERFILM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 725 ft
Czechia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 01:05
COPTERFILM, where did you get the beta? Did you contact our support via other channel.
How about the performance? Your feedback is very important to us, appreciate your further update.

I was contacted by Ken Booth via facebook messenger and he asked me if i want to test the new beta that should be solving the purple frame issue.  Anyway, we have tried 2 nearly full sets of batteries, trying to shoot different formats (cinemaDNG, prores 4444 or 422,...DLOG or Rec709,  it was night flying, arround 2°C outside temperature,... but no purple frame apperaed! But i think we didnt make enough testing... 2 sets of batteries (max 40min) may be just a “luck” that the purple frame issue didnt apeared!
2018-1-17
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

COPTERFILM Posted at 2018-1-17 05:21
I was contacted by Ken Booth via facebook messenger and he asked me if i want to test the new beta that should be solving the purple frame issue.  Anyway, we have tried 2 nearly full sets of batteries, trying to shoot different formats (cinemaDNG, prores 4444 or 422,...DLOG or Rec709,  it was night flying, arround 2°C outside temperature,... but no purple frame apperaed! But i think we didnt make enough testing... 2 sets of batteries (max 40min) may be just a “luck” that the purple frame issue didnt apeared!

how many purple frames did you get before installing the new beta?

i had so many purple frames, that your testing should have been really more than enough!

great news indeed, seems i will have to test the new beta now too ;)
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

COPTERFILM Posted at 2018-1-17 05:21

I understand, we appreciate your assistance to test the beta.
It is a great news, looking forward to your update after more tests.
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2018-1-17 05:32
how many purple frames did you get before installing the new beta?

i had so many purple frames, that your testing should have been really more than enough!

Any time CiRec, as long as you agree.
2018-1-17
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-17 05:37
Any time CiRec, as long as you agree.

JIPPIE!

i have done some tests now with the new .302 beta. not too extensive, but all recording modes for about 3 minutes each.

not ONE single purple frame for me!

i have marked this thread as *SOLVED*, but will continue to read here whether this is the case for all of us.

BIG THANX to DJI MINDY for your great communication ;)
2018-1-17
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

CiRec Posted at 2018-1-17 08:52
JIPPIE!

i have done some tests now with the new .302 beta. not too extensive, but all recording modes for about 3 minutes each.

Great news, CiRec and COPTERFILM! I just updated my Inspire 2 this morning and will be doing some additional testing shortly. I'll let you know what I find, but I'm really encouraged by the news.

And thanks DJI Mindy for following up on this and helping us get it resolved!

2018-1-17
Use props
fans9cd6aca0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1898074 ft
Netherlands

I'm affraid I have the same problem. How exactly do I upgrade to the fixed firmware version?
2018-1-17
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

gamette Posted at 2018-1-17 09:11
Great news, CiRec and COPTERFILM! I just updated my Inspire 2 this morning and will be doing some additional testing shortly. I'll let you know what I find, but I'm really encouraged by the news.

And thanks DJI Mindy for following up on this and helping us get it resolved!

I just completed a test and shot 6.5 minutes of ProRes 422HQ and no purple frames!

It was a little warmer than my previous tests – about 45 F/7C, but it worked. I'll shoot some more tonight as it cools off. I'm really encouraged by these results!
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules