*SOLVED* purple frames prores 422 SSD after update 01.01.0200
15449 217 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9cd6aca0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1898074 ft
Netherlands

I'm affraid I have the same problem. How exactly do I upgrade to the fixed firmware version?
2018-1-17
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2471076 ft
United States

gamette Posted at 2018-1-17 09:11
Great news, CiRec and COPTERFILM! I just updated my Inspire 2 this morning and will be doing some additional testing shortly. I'll let you know what I find, but I'm really encouraged by the news.

And thanks DJI Mindy for following up on this and helping us get it resolved!

I just completed a test and shot 6.5 minutes of ProRes 422HQ and no purple frames!

It was a little warmer than my previous tests – about 45 F/7C, but it worked. I'll shoot some more tonight as it cools off. I'm really encouraged by these results!
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2018-1-17 08:52
JIPPIE!

i have done some tests now with the new .302 beta. not too extensive, but all recording modes for about 3 minutes each.

CiRec, sorry for the late response since I was off yesterday, thanks for your feedback, glad to know it works at this time, really a good news, please let me know without hesitation if there is any further problem. Thank you so much for your patience and assistance to test the beta, wish you all the best.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gamette Posted at 2018-1-17 13:35
I just completed a test and shot 6.5 minutes of ProRes 422HQ and no purple frames!

It was a little warmer than my previous tests – about 45 F/7C, but it worked. I'll shoot some more tonight as it cools off. I'm really encouraged by these results!

Thanks for your update, it's so good to know the purple frame didn't occur, please keep me updated any time if it happens again. Appreciate your assistance to do the test. Happy flying.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans9cd6aca0 Posted at 2018-1-17 12:02
I'm affraid I have the same problem. How exactly do I upgrade to the fixed firmware version?

I have received your PM and replied, please check it out, thanks.
2018-1-19
Use props
XL Creations
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1898074 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-19 00:27
I have received your PM and replied, please check it out, thanks.

Yess, thanks! That seems to have fixed it!
2018-1-19
Use props
fanse70a89b0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15669462 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

I don't have the full purple screen issue but I have purple or turqouise banding showing up only in the highlights on the right side of my screen.

It moves with the highlights so it tells me it's not an issue with the sensor. I've tried everything, all different camera settings, DNG, ProRes, SSD card, SD card, Dlog, Rec709. On Jped/DNG photos in the same area I get pink spots. I've also downgraded the FW from .03 to .02 but that did not solve it.

This has happened since I updated the FW over Christmas. I've just received another I2 X5s off my supplier to try a different camera but can I try this beta firmware please to see if it solves my problem,

Thanks

Chris
2018-1-19
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200791 ft
Germany

fanse70a89b0 Posted at 2018-1-19 10:11
Hi,

I don't have the full purple screen issue but I have purple or turqouise banding showing up only in the highlights on the right side of my screen.

to me it looks more like this issue:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-129283-1-2.html
2018-1-19
Use props
Chris Davies
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15669462 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CiRec Posted at 2018-1-19 12:20
to me it looks more like this issue:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-129283-1-2.html

Hi, thank you. yes that's the exact same issue I am having.
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

XL Creations Posted at 2018-1-19 05:29
Yess, thanks! That seems to have fixed it!

We have added the beta firmware to you account, is that the feedback of beta?
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanse70a89b0 Posted at 2018-1-19 10:11
Hi,

I don't have the full purple screen issue but I have purple or turqouise banding showing up only in the highlights on the right side of my screen.

Hi Chris, sorry for the trouble caused, the beta is mainly for the purple frame issue, it's not like the problem you are having now, let's talk about it in https://forum.dji.com/thread-129283-1-2.html.
2018-1-20
Use props
COPTERFILM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 725 ft
Czechia

gamette Posted at 2018-1-17 09:11
Great news, CiRec and COPTERFILM! I just updated my Inspire 2 this morning and will be doing some additional testing shortly. I'll let you know what I find, but I'm really encouraged by the news.

And thanks DJI Mindy for following up on this and helping us get it resolved!

Just to satisfy other people having the same issue... we have done 2 film days with the new  BETA firmware 0302, we were shooting only CinemaDNG (waiting for some more prores shooting) but we have done more than 25min of shots (cold weather arround 0 degree, snow, different lenses, 2 different SSD, 5,2K 16:9 25p) and we didnt recived any issue info from DIT. We have seen an every shot from second day and there were no purple frame issue.  So i will be very happy that this issue was solved by BETA firmware 0302... but we will keep testing and stay focused on the issue.
2018-1-21
Use props
COPTERFILM
lvl.2
Czechia

CiRec Posted at 2018-1-17 05:32
how many purple frames did you get before installing the new beta?

i had so many purple frames, that your testing should have been really more than enough!

Well.. it was really weird.... when the first purple frame appeared, we were in the middle of filming day on second (luckily last) location (we have done at least 4 full batteries on the first location with no purple frame, same SSD, same format - ProRes 422). We have moved to second location and every file from second location has the purple frame issue. Some of them had just a few, some of them had a lot of purple frames during one shot....  it started appearing more and more every next shot....but just on second location. We (DIT) discovered that issue at the end of the day, so he phoned us and we decided (after reading this thread) to downgrade back to 0100 firmware and we started the new day with a long testing and there was no purple frame again! But approximately it was like ... 20 purple frames in 30 sec shot? Something like this i think...
2018-1-21
Use props
fans5d4d730d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 899275 ft
Ireland

Hi Mindy, I'm still trying to get hold of that beta firmware. We were chatting in PM but you've disappeared for over a week now.
2018-1-27
Use props
RoccoZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 882251 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 01:00
Gamette, I'm sorry that I missed your PM, no problem, I will inform our engineers to push the beta again, wait me for a second.
Next time please reply to my post directly, I will get the notification and will reply the post as fast as I can, thanks.

Hi Mindy, could I get the FW too? I'm also getting purple frames.

Is there any special new procedure for the Beta firmware? Or can I simply upgrade to the Beta firmware from my existing firmware?
2018-1-31
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

one last question from me to DJI MINDY:

could you please confirm, if the new changes in the last beta will make it to the next major FW update? at least before we try to update? thanks a lot!
2018-2-1
Use props
COPTERFILM
lvl.2
Czechia

CiRec Posted at 2018-2-1 02:52
one last question from me to DJI MINDY:

could you please confirm, if the new changes in the last beta will make it to the next major FW update? at least before we try to update? thanks a lot!

Yeah, I came here again to ask the same question as you CiRec.... at Saturday we are flying to Finland to 6 day shooting and we will be shooting ProRes 422 ... so this gonna be a huge check, if the issue was solved by beta firmware or not.... hopefully we will not be forced to downgrade to 0100 and hopefully we will not have any purple frame issue!!!
2018-2-1
Use props
Northseasurfer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32184951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah great, I've just discovered these purple frames in my 4444XQ rushes the night before a shoot. Is anyone still awake at DJI to send me this BETA firmware everyone is talking about!??
Cheers, a very nervous customer!!
2018-2-1
Use props
RoccoZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 882251 ft
  • >>>
United States

COPTERFILM Posted at 2018-2-1 08:49
Yeah, I came here again to ask the same question as you CiRec.... at Saturday we are flying to Finland to 6 day shooting and we will be shooting ProRes 422 ... so this gonna be a huge check, if the issue was solved by beta firmware or not.... hopefully we will not be forced to downgrade to 0100 and hopefully we will not have any purple frame issue!!!

Think you could send the Beta my way? I have a shoot tomorrow I'm absolutely sh*tting my pants over.
2018-2-1
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Any news on this?
When will the new firmware be available to all of us?
2018-2-5
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-19 00:22
CiRec, sorry for the late response since I was off yesterday, thanks for your feedback, glad to know it works at this time, really a good news, please let me know without hesitation if there is any further problem. Thank you so much for your patience and assistance to test the beta, wish you all the best.

again, my last question to DJI MINDY:

"could you please confirm, if the new changes in the last beta will make  it to the next major FW update? at least before we try to update? thanks  a lot!"
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2018-2-5 01:44
again, my last question to DJI MINDY:

"could you please confirm, if the new changes in the last beta will make  it to the next major FW update? at least before we try to update? thanks  a lot!"

CiRec, I’m so sorry for the late response, it's been really busy recently, please forgive me if I missed your post. I think so, the issue will get fixed in the next official firmware, please note the release notes when it is released. Thank you.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Coyut Posted at 2018-2-5 01:35
Any news on this?
When will the new firmware be available to all of us?

Coyut, we do not have the estimated date of next firmware yet, but we will not keep you waiting too long, appreciate your patience.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RoccoZ Posted at 2018-2-1 16:06
Think you could send the Beta my way? I have a shoot tomorrow I'm absolutely sh*tting my pants over.

RoccoZ, could you please PM me your DJI account and then keep me replied in the thread? I will get the notification and reply as soon as possible. Thank you.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2018-1-27 06:00
Hi Mindy, I'm still trying to get hold of that beta firmware. We were chatting in PM but you've disappeared for over a week now.

I sincerely apologize for the late response, it's been very busy recently and I may miss some posts, your account has been forwarded to our engineers to add the beta, will keep you updated soon. Thank you.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2018-1-27 06:00

Sir, currently, our engineers still need the original footage for analysis, could you please upload a short video to Dropbox or Google Driver and the post the link here at your earliest convenience? Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-2-7
Use props
AnthonyZehnle
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 04:04
RoccoZ, could you please PM me your DJI account and then keep me replied in the thread? I will get the notification and reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... efxa_m4Ds4qa1NmqlPg

Here's a drive with purple frames, regular frames, and a proxy video that shows what the footage looks like in real-time.
2018-2-7
Use props
fans5d4d730d
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-7 07:14
Sir, currently, our engineers still need the original footage for analysis, could you please upload a short video to Dropbox or Google Driver and the post the link here at your earliest convenience? Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi, I already posted my footage. here it is again https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... hm/view?usp=sharing
2018-2-12
Use props
DomenictheDP
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-7 07:14

Have several gigs coming up and would love the beta firmware as well. Same purple frames and we've tried everything.
2018-2-12
Use props
Flight AV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy - I'm having the same purple frame issue on firmware .300 and was told I was authorized for the new beta firmware but it hasn't shown up in my account yet (pcg@flightav.com).  I've already lost work and money and have rescheduled our shoot for Friday - can you PLEASE see if you can't get that firmware into my account ASAP?  Thank you very much.  
2018-2-14
Use props
Fying Jack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373832 ft
Belgium

DJI - Mindy - I'm also having the same purple flashes -  here's a link : https://fil.email/WyfThRgw
Can we expect the new firmware soon or can you send us the Beta Version?
Thanks
2018-2-14
Use props
Peter Keith
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a $£%££%$ JOKE! You're having a laugh DJI. Look at how many of your customers are suffering this issue! YOU NEED TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND SORT IT OUT!!!!!! I've not had any sign of this BETA firmware and reported the issue almost three weeks ago.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Peter Keith Posted at 2018-2-21 13:52
This is a $£%££%$ JOKE! You're having a laugh DJI. Look at how many of your customers are suffering this issue! YOU NEED TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND SORT IT OUT!!!!!! I've not had any sign of this BETA firmware and reported the issue almost three weeks ago.

Peter, really sorry for the trouble it brings. I believe that our engineers are working on that. Did you try the beta firmware?
2018-2-22
Use props
Peter Keith
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-22 22:16
Peter, really sorry for the trouble it brings. I believe that our engineers are working on that. Did you try the beta firmware?

Thankyou for your reply. I haven't been sent any beta firmware and would very much like to try it! Please can you send it over to me!?
Thanks!
2018-2-24
Use props
fans5d4d730d
lvl.2
Ireland

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2018-2-12 06:57
Hi, I already posted my footage. here it is again https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... hm/view?usp=sharing

Helloooooo!!!!!! I'm still trying to get beta Firmware. Have asked multiple times, keep getting told 'yes', then radio silence. Been trying to get beta FW for weeks now. Please hurry up!!!!!!
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Peter Keith Posted at 2018-2-24 01:29
Thankyou for your reply. I haven't been sent any beta firmware and would very much like to try it! Please can you send it over to me!?
Thanks!

Sorry to keep you waiting. Can you provide me the video or photo with the problem? Please upload the original photo or video to dropbox or google for further check. And we will add the beta as soon as possible when we confirm the problem. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2018-2-27 00:12
Helloooooo!!!!!! I'm still trying to get beta Firmware. Have asked multiple times, keep getting told 'yes', then radio silence. Been trying to get beta FW for weeks now. Please hurry up!!!!!!

Please follow the advice in 154# and provide the info we needed. You can send the link through PM. Thanks for your support and sorry for the trouble it causes.
2018-2-27
Use props
tascheri.yahoo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 870804 ft
Brazil

In desperate need for the beta version.  

thank you.
2018-2-28
Use props
tasca peixe voador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 870804 ft
Brazil

tascheri.yahoo Posted at 2018-2-28 10:40
In desperate need for the beta version.  

thank you.

this is the footage

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... UMjhOMgtFCoG2U0RhB1

I would appreciate immediate action. Very unhappy customers ATM.
2018-3-1
Use props
Gael
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15449035 ft
  • >>>
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-20 07:31
Hi Chris, sorry for the trouble caused, the beta is mainly for the purple frame issue, it's not like the problem you are having now, let's talk about it in https://forum.dji.com/thread-129283-1-2.html.

Seem the link is broken... I have this issue
2018-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules