15418 215 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5d4d730d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 899275 ft
Ireland

I am also getting purple frames.

Shooting ProRes422 and 4444, I don't have CDNG.

When I set both SSD and SSD to shot D-Log in CINE EI mode, I haven't seen purple frames for about 7 mins of recording time so far. I will do a longer recording to see if it was just a fluke. Shooting Dlog on SSD and Rec709 on the SD seems to have lots of purple frames (SSD only). I also saw purple frames when shooting in Normal mode, with both SSD and SD set to Normal colour.

Link to 1 sec of footage https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... hm/view?usp=sharing
2017-11-26
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this issue.  I solved it by downloading the most recent version of Cinelight from the DJI website.  The version on the SSD card is old.
2017-11-26
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200791 ft
Germany

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2017-11-26 07:06

thank you for participating and sharing your experiences here!

first of all, i can confirm that this is exactly the same problem as i had, as it is shown in your example footage. i also had it in all recording modes, BUT:

i am not 100% sure whether i tried the combination you used - SSD in DLOG and SD in REC709. i never use the SD card footage, so i set REC709 on SD always, as with the new handling it is the only way to get a nicely colored and contrast preview on your live view, right?

it would be very nice if you could confirm this combination works for you, even with longer / more recording, as it might be the only solution for me (and others) at this time to update.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2017-11-26 07:06

Thanks for the feedback and we apologize for the trouble caused, our engineers are working on testing and locating the problem, I will keep you posted once I hear back from them.
Please keep me updated if there are any further new issues.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

David Bartenfie Posted at 2017-11-26 17:01
I had this issue.  I solved it by downloading the most recent version of Cinelight from the DJI website.  The version on the SSD card is old.

Really? Appreciate your feedback very much, I will transfer this to our engineers for attention.
Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
By the way, what is the model of your drone? Inspire 1 or Inspire 2?

2017-11-27
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-27 01:24
Really? Appreciate your feedback very much, I will transfer this to our engineers for attention.
Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.By the way, what is the model of your drone? Inspire 1 or Inspire 2?

i think, this is not related to our problem, even if it semms similar. in my opinion, this relates to an inpire 1 or osmo raw. i2 dont even uses the cinelight app.

but, maybe it helps solving the issue...
2017-11-27
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-27 01:22
Thanks for the feedback and we apologize for the trouble caused, our engineers are working on testing and locating the problem, I will keep you posted once I hear back from them.
Please keep me updated if there are any further new issues.

THIS might be the most important information to solve the issue, if it could be confirmed! (one of the "SSD" might mean "SD")

Post #41
"When I set both SSD and SSD to shot D-Log in CINE EI mode, I haven't seen purple frames for about 7 mins of recording time so far."

Anyone here to test it out? For the next weeks i will have to stay on 01.01.0010.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans5d4d730d
lvl.2
Ireland

I did some more testing today, including about 30 mins at home and another single flight outdoors, just in case it was temperature related.

I've only gone through about half of the indoor recording (about 15 mins) and haven't seen any purple frames yet.

For the outdoor test, I have seen about 4 purple frames I recorded about 8 mins of footage

2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2017-11-27 11:49
I did some more testing today, including about 30 mins at home and another single flight outdoors, just in case it was temperature related.

I've only gone through about half of the indoor recording (about 15 mins) and haven't seen any purple frames yet.

Thank you so much for the feedback, this is a very important point, may I ask the temperature of indoor and outdoor at that time? Humidity info would be much appreciated if you could provide as well.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans5d4d730d
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-27 19:36
Thank you so much for the feedback, this is a very important point, may I ask the temperature of indoor and outdoor at that time? Humidity info would be much appreciated if you could provide as well.

Indoor was maybe a little more than 20C and outdoor was probably 4 or 5C plus wind.
2017-11-29
Use props
djiuser_VXPNLQ8
New

Australia

New inspire 2, SSD pro res activation purple frames every 1 to 3 second on proves file, H264 file fine
2017-11-29
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

had our shooting today with 01.01.0010

perfect, absolutely no issues. not one single purple frame.

For the outdoor test, I have seen about 4 purple frames I recorded about 8 mins of footage

FOUR. are 5 more than i will accept.

2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2017-11-29 00:20
Indoor was maybe a little more than 20C and outdoor was probably 4 or 5C plus wind.

Thanks for the update, we have transferred this to engineers, any update, I will keep you  posted.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_VXPNLQ8 Posted at 2017-11-29 01:46
New inspire 2, SSD pro res activation purple frames every 1 to 3 second on proves file, H264 file fine

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the trouble caused, our engineers are working on analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear from them, appreciate your patience.
2017-11-30
Use props
COPTERFILM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 725 ft
Czechia

We are having same issue like others! We have finnished our second day on very inportant 5day project and our DIT told us that there is some kind of flickering, purple frames,...then i googled and found this thread! Recorded in 5,2K (2.35:1) Proress 422 D-log, SD set to Rec 709.... any possible solution for that?!?! Any news on this issue?! Really need to solve it somehow till tommorow morning!!!
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

COPTERFILM Posted at 2017-12-2 11:53
We are having same issue like others! We have finnished our second day on very inportant 5day project and our DIT told us that there is some kind of flickering, purple frames,...then i googled and found this thread! Recorded in 5,2K (2.35:1) Proress 422 D-log, SD set to Rec 709.... any possible solution for that?!?! Any news on this issue?! Really need to solve it somehow till tommorow morning!!!

Sorry to know you have the same problem, I'm still waiting for the reply from our engineers, I will contact them on Monday for update again, thanks for the patience.
2017-12-3
Use props
fans5d4d730d
lvl.2
Ireland

Just tried to downgrade to .0010.
That failed three times, so I refreshed version .0200 (which worked first time)
I then ran a 17 min recording outdoors in my cold garden (not flying)
SSD ProRes DLog and SD Rec709
I got one purple frame in the first 20 secs, then none for ages, then 3 more purples nearly 14 mins into the recording.
2017-12-3
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-27 01:24
Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
By the way, what is the model of your drone? Inspire 1 or Inspire 2?

It is the Inspire 1.  If you look will see our earlier thread on this exact topic.  It now has [Resolved} in the title.
2017-12-3
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CiRec Posted at 2017-11-27 05:56
i think, this is not related to our problem, even if it semms similar. in my opinion, this relates to an inpire 1 or osmo raw. i2 dont even uses the cinelight app.

but, maybe it helps solving the issue...

I will also point out when I was having the issue, the RAW cam used on the Inspire worked perfectly.  It only produced the purple effect when I was using the Inspire with the Osmo.  If I knew how I would link you to the thread.  I resolved it by downloading the updated newer version of Cinelight.  This problem only affected the SSD files.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

David Bartenfie Posted at 2017-12-3 13:37
It is the Inspire 1.  If you look will see our earlier thread on this exact topic.  It now has [Resolved} in the title.

Right, I remember, while the purple frame in Inspire 2 is different from Inspire 1 and Osmo, our engineers are still working on locating the problem, thanks for the advice anyway.
2017-12-3
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

COPTERFILM Posted at 2017-12-2 11:53

sorry to hear you expirience the same problems as we did.

regarding your question how to solve the issue: we did not find a way to remove the purple frames 100%. what you can do is:

simply cut the pruple frame (it is really only 1 frame in a row, we never saw two or more).
try to create a "in between frame" after cutting the purple frame.
duplicate one of the frames, before or after the purple frame.

none o f these solutions are "nice". but better than the purple frames. if your footage has not much movement in it - it may be sufficcient and not recognizeable. if it has much movement - you will have an even harder job to solve the problem.

that were our experiences. by downgrading back to .0010 we solved it finally btw...
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2017-12-4 00:51
sorry to hear you expirience the same problems as we did.

regarding your question how to solve the issue: we did not find a way to remove the purple frames 100%. what you can do is:

CiRec, could you check my PM to you please? I need to confirm some info with you, thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2471076 ft
United States

Brand new Inspire 2.

Just shot 3.5 minutes of 422 ProRes in about -1C/30F weather and got one purple frame.
2017-12-8
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

latest update:
first of all: big thanks to DJI Mindy for your great work on helping to solve this problem!

DJI provided me with a beta firmware. unfortunately the purple frame issue is not solved completely. but: there are some new observations to share.

1. most important maybe: the issue "seems" to be gone when shooting in cdng! in a one minute sequence i did not have a single purple frame.

2. this thime i made more tests, as some useres reported the issue did not happen when shooting in D-LOG on SSD and SD (means: no Rec709 on SD). i cannot second this. i have purple frames with every combination possible. however, i only have tested PAL (25 frames / s) and 4K.

3. my tests showed, that there was an excessive occurrence of purple frames when shooting in ProRes 4444XQ! i have rendered a small version of a clip to show the uncountable purple frames:

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... 2l22tWSJBE0qou7xUaY

4. i again downgraded to .0010 - and again it was the hell of a procedure. first attempt seems always to hang on 76% - then draining a fully charged battery to below 25% - which stopped the downgrade (after over one hour of constantly beeping every two seconds - this sound alone ruined my nerves while doing this again). after plugging in new batteries, and then alternately connecting tablet and assistant again and again, the downgrade went through after another hour...

PS: now i read, that there is FW .0300 released - and i am scared of updating and trying this one. is it correct, that when i am on .0300 i will no longer be able to go back to .0010 - which is the last working one for me?

2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2017-12-13 02:20
latest update:
first of all: big thanks to DJI MIndy for your great work on helping to solve this problem!

CiRec, thank you so much for the cooperation to test the beta, your feedback is very important to us, I have transferred it to our engineers for further analysis.
For the new-released firmware, I do hope there will be no more issues and we are waiting for users' feedback, you can check the details in release notes and make your decision.
2017-12-13
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

sry to bother you all again. i am really scared to update to .0300 at this time, to test whether my problems "might" be solved with it.
please, could someone confirm the question from my previous post:

"is it correct, that when i am on .0300 i will no longer be able to go back to .0010 - which is the last working one for me?"

or, better: has someone who also had this issue, tested the .0300 FW and has some good news for us?

thanks a lot!
2017-12-15
Use props
fans5d4d730d
lvl.2
Ireland

Just tried 0.300. Still getting purple frames.
2017-12-16
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

fans5d4d730d Posted at 2017-12-16 10:41
Just tried 0.300. Still getting purple frames.

Me too. I updated to 0.300 the other day and did some sunrise shooting this morning (25F/-4C) in ProRes 422 and D-Log. I had a purple frame in one the shots.

Does not appear to be fixed in the latest firmware. Will continue to test. I need to do a snowy, cold morning shoot in a few weeks so I'm crossing my fingers there will be some resolution.
2017-12-16
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

thanks for the update here gamette and fans5d4d730d - even if it is disappointing...

did anyone of you manage to go back to .0010 after updating to .0300?

i think there are not many solutions left for me, as i do not get one purple frame but hundreds in a minute. and there is no more communication from DJI, so  it seems the problem will not be solved software wise.

live with .0010 until the end of the days. or better: until the end the warranty period - then return it to the dealer.
live with purple frames.
send it to DJI for repair and risk getting back a refurbished unit for my brand new 20 flights i2.

so, let me think what to do now...
2017-12-18
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

CiRec Posted at 2017-12-18 22:31
thanks for the update here gamette and fans5d4d730d - even if it is disappointing...

did anyone of you manage to go back to .0010 after updating to .0300?

I have not yet tried to downgrade. I've had some bad experiences with other electronics when trying to downgrade so I've been hesitant.

CiRec: I understand you dilemma. It's hard to know what to do. I never had the opportunity to run it on the .0010 because mine upgraded out of the box, so I don't know what it's like to not have the purple frame problem.

The good news would seem that if it wasn't a problem in .0010, this is a ultimately a software problem that can be fixed. But it makes it harder to deal with when it's happening on professional gear that you make money off of!
2017-12-19
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

gamette Posted at 2017-12-19 10:48
I have not yet tried to downgrade. I've had some bad experiences with other electronics when trying to downgrade so I've been hesitant.

CiRec: I understand you dilemma. It's hard to know what to do. I never had the opportunity to run it on the .0010 because mine upgraded out of the box, so I don't know what it's like to not have the purple frame problem.

thanks for the heads up gamette! i think, it must be a combination of software / hardware issue, because there are some other people having these problems, but by far not all i2 owners.

that said, DJI MINDY, are there any news from your developers?

because i am still thinking of returning my i2 to my dealer / DJI to get a fully functional unit while under warranty. when returning it, what will be the best way to do this? are you interested in getting my i2 to a special place to check whats wrong with it? how long will this procedure take (estimated) - as i will not need it the next 4 weeks, but at the end of january i will urgently need it back and working?
2017-12-30
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

CiRec Posted at 2017-12-30 03:22
thanks for the heads up gamette! i think, it must be a combination of software / hardware issue, because there are some other people having these problems, but by far not all i2 owners.

I sure hope it's not a combination issue of hardware/software. I guess we'll see what DJI-Mindy says.

I've noticed it keeps happening but not too frequently, but enough of a worry that it could ruin a shot.

CiRec: does your dealer allow you to return it as long as it's still under warranty? I bought mine directly from DJI so I'm guessing that's not an option for me.
2017-12-31
Use props
qwer0077.hanmai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3275328 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

HI CiRec
I am experiencing the same symptoms as you. I upgraded from version 0100 to version 0200, but the same symptoms continued, so I downgraded to 0100. I upgraded to version 0030 today, but I have the same symptoms as you.
2018-1-1
Use props
qwer0077.hanmai
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-13 03:08
CiRec, thank you so much for the cooperation to test the beta, your feedback is very important to us, I have transferred it to our engineers for further analysis.
For the new-released firmware, I do hope there will be no more issues and we are waiting for users' feedback, you can check the details in release notes and make your decision.

I am experiencing the same symptoms. I upgraded to a new version, but the purple frame came out equally and I am downgrading to version 0100. I hope you solve this problem soon
2018-1-1
Use props
qwer0077.hanmai
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Korea

I have a question for you. Do you use Mac when you update or do you use Windows? I use Windows and my friend use Mac. I have no problem with that friend.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

qwer0077.hanmai Posted at 2018-1-1 02:11
I am experiencing the same symptoms. I upgraded to a new version, but the purple frame came out equally and I am downgrading to version 0100. I hope you solve this problem soon

Hi hanmai, we are sorry to know you encounter the same problem, our engineers are still working on it, could you please upload the original footage to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link to us? We need more footage for analysis.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your cooperation.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi CiRec, sorry to have kept you waiting.
We sent the beta firmware to you once but it seems not work, our engineers are still working on it. Our engineers have tested many drones but the issue didn't appear and there is no sample aircraft for further analysis at the moment.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Currently, we still need more footage from customers who have the same problem to analyze.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gamette Posted at 2017-12-31 15:19
I sure hope it's not a combination issue of hardware/software. I guess we'll see what DJI-Mindy says.

I've noticed it keeps happening but not too frequently, but enough of a worry that it could ruin a shot.

Hi gamette, is it convenient to provide us the original footage with purple frame to analyze? We appreciate your assistance very much.
2018-1-1
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-1 21:17
Hi gamette, is it convenient to provide us the original footage with purple frame to analyze? We appreciate your assistance very much.

DJI Mindy: I've posted the unchanged ProRes to Frame.io at the following link:

Gamette Inspire 2 Purple Frame Example #1 – purple frame occurs at 0:00:10:19

You should be able to download the original, unchanged ProRes file by clicking the download link on the page. I will post more examples as they upload (the ProRes files take a while to upload).

Please let me know if you need anything else.
2018-1-2
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

gamette Posted at 2018-1-2 11:34
DJI Mindy: I've posted the unchanged ProRes to Frame.io at the following link:

Gamette Inspire 2 Purple Frame Example #1 – purple frame occurs at 0:00:10:19

Here's another one:

Gamette Inspire 2 Purple Frame Example #2 – purple frame occurs at 0:00:20:18

2018-1-2