15435 215 2017-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WInged Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077618 ft
  • >>>

qwer0077.hanmail Posted at 2018-4-13 02:10
Before updating the firmware, remove the gimbal, update only the aircraft, connect the gimbal later and try the update again.

I tried your advice: Same thing Fails at 15%

Just wondering: Did you at some point install firmware BETA version 01.02.0018 and were able to downgrade to an earlier version?

2018-4-13
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

WInged Eye Posted at 2018-4-13 05:02
I tried your advice: Same thing Fails at 15%

Just wondering: Did you at some point install firmware BETA version 01.02.0018 and were able to downgrade to an earlier version?

I've been told by DJI that when Beta Firmware is installed, it cannot be rolled back to a previous version. This is why I refuse to become a DJI Beta tester.   
2018-4-13
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
  • >>>

Yes that would seem to be my experience. I seem to be the only 'chosen' person that was sent this particular newest BETA. Someone at DJI decided I would be a Guinea Pig. As a paying customer you'd think they might have given me a heads-up, let  me choose the Beta that worked  for most people or the new one that, it turns out does NOT work.

As good as DJI's products can be they are looking more and more like many companies before them that crash & burn because they treat their customers like they think we're bums, thieves and idiots.

Google quarkexpress if you have some time to waste, they once owned an industry now few people ever heard of them - They were notorious for worthless customer service and support. It caught up with them eventually.

It's been 2 days since Mindy suggested I downgrade to the other Beta and now I've found out that's not possible. Radio silence? I'm sure it's another holiday.

2018-4-13
Use props
qwer0077.hanmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3275328 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

I did not downgrade from other beta firmware version.I hope you can fix it soon. I will continue to monitor your post
2018-4-13
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
  • >>>

WInged Eye Posted at 2018-4-13 16:23
Yes that would seem to be my experience. I seem to be the only 'chosen' person that was sent this particular newest BETA. Someone at DJI decided I would be a Guinea Pig. As a paying customer you'd think they might have given me a heads-up, let  me choose the Beta that worked  for most people or the new one that, it turns out does NOT work.

As good as DJI's products can be they are looking more and more like many companies before them that crash & burn because they treat their customers like they think we're bums, thieves and idiots.

Wow! 3 days now, no response from DJI. I guess they're hoping if they ignore it it'll go away.
2018-4-16
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
  • >>>

And Four Days with no response from DJI.
2018-4-17
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200791 ft
Germany

WInged Eye Posted at 2018-4-17 09:35
And Four Days with no response from DJI.

well, from the date i started this thread to the first working beta firmware installation it took 5 times firmware up- and downgrades, while waiting for exactly two months.

today this problem exists for exactly 5 months.

so, even if would love to have better news for you: you might have to be patient for a much longer time than 4 days...
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, the Inspire 2 firmware has been released, it has optimized a rare issue where some frames turn purple in the CINESSD video. Please check the releases notes and update at your most convenience to have a try, thank you all.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2018-4-18
Use props
WInged Eye
lvl.4
  • >>>

CiRec Posted at 2018-4-17 22:31
well, from the date i started this thread to the first working beta firmware installation it took 5 times firmware up- and downgrades, while waiting for exactly two months.

today this problem exists for exactly 5 months.

CiRec,

I feel your pain, it's all pretty inexcusable.

I was just looking for some sort of acknowledgement from DJI.  It was very frustrating to find myself 'locked into'  a beta version that didn't work when there was an earlier beta version that did. The Phantom 4 Pro (I own one of those as well)  just went through a similar firmware-update induced problem that made it nearly unusable.

I bought my I2 recently and there I was again: I have this awesome piece of technology and it's suddenly crippled by a buggy firmware release - That I can't escape!

New I2 firmware has been released, lets hope it fixes the purple frames and doesn't introduce a new problem.

DJI's products are phenomenal in a lot of ways, they are a  the leader in Drone technology to my thinking - Never the less that could become moot if they don't improve their software development and customer service.
2018-4-18
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy,

thank you for telling us about the new firmware, will try it later today.
Does this also address the Battery Cell Error? I.e. The bad cell balancing?

Thank you.
Edit: Checked release notes, yes battery cell issue has been addressed.

2018-4-18
Use props
jwilson2598
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600256 ft
United States

JBSonic Posted at 2018-4-18 06:25
Hi Mindy,

thank you for telling us about the new firmware, will try it later today.

Yes it's fixes the purple frames, battery cell error, and supposedly gimbal drift too according to the release notes.
2018-4-18
Use props
MUNDIM 8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1692703 ft

My inspire 2 after the last update is with the video in raw magenta (pink). I already used the wizard, I returned the original version, did the update again and nothing.
At 422 or 444 this is ok. But in raw it gets pink in whatever situation or format it gets.
What should I do?
2018-5-6
Use props
MUNDIM 8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1692703 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-23 18:30
Hi DrMrdalj.
Both of them are OK for X5S, Please have a try again.
For your issue, our engineers need the original footage for analysis, would you mind uploading to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here? We sincerely apologize for the trouble caused and appreciate your time.

My inspire 2 after the last update is with the video in raw magenta (pink). I already used the wizard, I returned the original version, did the update again and nothing.
At 422 or 444 this is ok. But in raw it gets pink in whatever situation or format it gets.
What should I do?
2018-5-6
Use props
Jvdmeer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4646516 ft
Netherlands

Same here still have the purple problem when taking movies or photos in overexposed frames.
I do lot of sailing events but when sun is shining and make 360 and the overexposed waves on the water getting purple.
Did install the newest firmware and updated my 5 battery sets but still the same problem.

Anyone knows about this problem?
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MUNDIM 8 Posted at 2018-5-6 05:12
What should I do?

Sorry that I just saw your post, could you please upload several original frames in Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here for further analysis?
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jvdmeer Posted at 2018-5-7 03:20
Same here still have the purple problem when taking movies or photos in overexposed frames.
I do lot of sailing events but when sun is shining and make 360 and the overexposed waves on the water getting purple.
Did install the newest firmware and updated my 5 battery sets but still the same problem.

Sorry for the difficulties, please refer to my post in 215# and provide us the original pictures/footage for further support, thnk you.
2018-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules