Water Skies for the Inspire 1
1315 7 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

Hi all! I am thinking about making my own water skies for emergency landings on water for the Inspire 1. What do you guys think? I am planning on going to Home Depot and making the water skies there. That way if I ever decide to fly over water and something goes wrong, the bird won't sink. Do you guys think that this is a good idea...I will of course post how I made these water skies
2015-4-11
Use props
tpoznanski0331
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276204 ft
United States

Just stick big balls of foam under each leg, only for emergency's though, wouldn't land on water for fun lol...
2015-4-11
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

tpoznanski0331 Posted at 2015-4-12 12:06
Just stick big balls of foam under each leg, only for emergency's though, wouldn't land on water for ...

I've seen of video of that...have you tried it? And of course! ONLY for emergencies
2015-4-11
Use props
hcpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33763 ft
United States

Just DONT!!!!!
2015-4-11
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Wouldn't any flotation device? Be better than none on these Even if it gets wet Flips or dose a Swan Dive into the drink
then least one could retrieve it and not loose it to a watery grave. Then you will have spare parts for the rest of us too
2015-4-11
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

Australia

What is your reasoning?
2015-4-12
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

I recommend making a set of prop guards that are able to float the bird.
If the design is right, it will not add much weight, would may save the bird from light hits of objects mid-air and keep the bird floating after emergency landing on calm water, or at the surface after plunging in water, thus easier to recover and maybe fix.
Regards,
Bogdan
2015-4-12
Use props
tpoznanski0331
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276204 ft
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-4-12 12:11
I've seen of video of that...have you tried it? And of course! ONLY for emergencies

No I have not but its not a bad Idea if you are playing over water lol
2015-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules