Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Petition Poll - Please vote - Do you want Ground Station for P3?
123Next >
13124 101 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-25 23:13
I have been told that waypoints, poi will be available in 3-5 months from DJI for both the Inspire a ...

"Fair and balanced" too.
2015-4-25
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Can you be quoted as a source in other venues?
2015-4-25
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have the PV2 + for about a year. Way points missions is a fantastic tool  especially with"ilovecoffe" app which has better features than the official Dji app, never had any problems too.  You can concentrate on the photography without the distraction of flying, or having a co-pilot.(inspire 1). So I will not be buying the Phantom 3 or inspire 1.
2015-4-25
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-4-25 23:34
Can you be quoted as a source in other venues?

That is up to you.  I cannot control your posts only deny them.  LOL.
2015-4-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-26 03:44
That is up to you.  I cannot control your posts only deny them.  LOL.

That was mean! But funny and all to true at the same time!!
Who is controlling why some can post picts now and some cannot?
2015-4-25
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

It was as a courtesy...nothing meant by it. I certainly take no offense....I'm sure Tahoe_ed doesn't either. But don't quote me on that.
2015-4-25
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

Well that's good to hear.  I'll keep my order.  3-5 months.  Too long.  Just put some sort of disclosure on the software and get it done already
2015-4-25
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Parrot's Flight Plan looks pretty good (watch this before it gets taken down):
2015-4-26
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I think it would be a good marketing strategy for DJI to come out with a working GS and POI capability about the time that SOLO is released. It will take away a lot of that PR thunder.
2015-4-26
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2015-4-27 00:44
Parrot's Flight Plan looks pretty good (watch this before it gets taken down):
https://youtu.be/wrhQ ...

That's an awsome program.  Wifi makes me nervous, but this would be perfect for a GPS drone.  Ok...so, dJI, take notice
2015-4-26
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

I use "waypoints" quite a bit. I fly Phantom2 Vision Plus"  and hope waypoints come back to the DJI App. Had I known that it didn't have this feature I think I would have bought a 3dr Solo instead. A friend of mine told me that a tech guy from DJI said they were going to have waypoints.
So I keep my fingers crossed.
2015-4-28
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2015-4-20 02:39
I want DJI to focus on their SDK. This will make a much bigger difference to most of us than a nativ ...

I would prefer one that worked!! with no bugs.
2015-4-28
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

yes I really want it'
2015-4-28
Use props
droneking
lvl.1

United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-4-13 01:55
I've said it once....and I will repeat it here....there will be NO WAYPOINT capability coming from D ...

DJI webchat is now consistently saying that GS is in the works for DJI Pilot and will arrive in the coming months.
Also, some of our forum members posted saying they were informed by DJI people unofficially about the same.

2015-4-29
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

droneking Posted at 2015-4-29 23:19
DJI webchat is now consistently saying that GS is in the works for DJI Pilot and will arrive in the ...

I happily stand corrected. I think we can thank the PR success of 3DR SOLO at the NAB for lighting a fire under DJI. Competition = good
2015-4-29
Use props
mmee1992
lvl.3
United States

Brandon00151 Posted at 2015-4-13 14:38
Well if they expect developers to make the apps for them then they better release the SDK soon afte ...

They are not including from the factory to please the FAA I'm pretty sure. Flying a radio control aircraft in the US out of line of sight is illegal. Including those kind of features from the box could mean tighter regulations on DJI and their products. But if the consumer modifies it on their own then that is their own doing. That is why DJI didn't release ground station in my opinion.
2015-5-1
Use props
p-swieconek
New

United States

I think it's just good sense that DJI introduces autonomous capabilities post release, as it allows for a sufficient time period to shake out other more basic control issues which might come up in mass. P2 was handled the same way with regards to GS. Also convenient with regards to software development, as everything else needs to be rock solid before venturing into autonomous control software.
2015-5-2
Use props
klimon
lvl.1

United States

Absolutely YES!! Ground station should have been an option in the DJI App....
2015-5-2
Use props
klimon
lvl.1

United States

I have been told that waypoints, poi will be available in 3-5 months from DJI for both the Inspire a ...

That is good news indeed. I am glad someone had the sense to make this info available so others will have the patience to wait for the new feature..
2015-5-2
Use props
Muleshoe2
lvl.2

United States

ntfa@sbcglobal. Posted at 2015-4-25 11:01
I need this for farm related work.   Add it please

Hear, hear! I can't wait to use it check some hard-to-get-to fences and locate some calves in brushy areas.

Ed, thank you very much for the heads up. I look forward to the upgrade; I really do believe it is critical to some customers.
2015-5-7
Use props
peter.isiqhalo
lvl.1

South Africa

I want it to monitor loading coal on trains on a curved  rail siding that is 1 km long
2015-5-9
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI have already said that they are going to add this....
2015-5-10
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Presumably when this is added to the software later, it will also be available for the Inspire 1 as the Pilot App is now common to both aircraft...
2015-5-10
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tabbe Posted at 2015-4-13 00:22
Sure they will drop Inspire 1 price and 1000 dollars sounds appealing. But they cannot do it yet,  ...

I have both the Inspire 1 and the Phantom 3 Professional. They are totally different aircraft. The Inspire is still the much more professional machine. It is much larger and much more powerful. Don't think that by buying a  Phantom 3 you are getting a slightly cheaper version of the Inspire 1.... You are not.
2015-5-10
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

utkinpol@yahoo. Posted at 2015-4-14 20:24
I have cancelled my order. Exchange with sales rep confirmed this info. literally what was told -
" ...

More fool you... DJI will produce waypoints although with Lightbridge and excellent mapping etc, there is little reason to use waypoints. I had them on the Phantom 2 and have not had them at all on my Inspire 1. Do I miss them.... Not at all. Are they necessary? Not at all...
2015-5-10
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cameronlevine Posted at 2015-4-14 23:26
They won't include it at all themselves. They said they are leaving it to third party developers t ...

That is wrong. DJI have said they may well include Ground Station in a new version of the App.
2015-5-10
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

scottyboys427@g Posted at 2015-4-17 09:40
I just cancelled my order threw amazon this was a huge let down for me .. its no longer a drone now  ...

GoPro does not even begin to compare.....
2015-5-10
Use props
whatchasay
lvl.2
United States

I have to admit, I can't let myself purchase a (greatly-desired) Phantom 3 Advanced because of the lack of way points. Whether everyone uses them or not, is not the point. It's that the thing is a drone and people would/should automatically assume it has that feature. If they plan to add it in the next month or two (as people seem to speculate), it would really be very decent of DJI to at least give us a posting saying that. Rant over ha

On that note, has anyone heard anything more definitive from DJI regarding way points? Something somewhat official?
2015-5-14
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

I think what some people are forgetting is three are brand new products and anyone purchasing them should consider themselves 'early adopters' i know it's hard to understand because dji is not a new company and neither are drones with cameras but think about how many 'firsts' there are in this product.  I am a product designer and i understand that companies sometimes have to make hard decisions and release products they feel are good enough to sell to early adopters that are willing to wait for features to come. Otherwise they would end up sitting on their inventory twiddling their thumbs while their customer base starts looking for other options.  

I guess my point is that this is an entirely new platform when it comes to Software and gps system. Give it some time. Dji has expressed numerous times across many events that this stuff is coming. P2 didn't launch with GS nor did it have waypoints in the very beginning if i am not mistaken.
2015-5-15
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Every single time I have chatted with someone at DJI they have always answered me with what I think is correct information. Every time I have emailed them, they have always gotten back to me in 24 hours. When I asked about shipping delays with additional battery orders I was told there would be no delays but the batteries would come later. That was true. Quite different from a lot of folks who kept worrying that the order would be delayed, which was complete crap.  They were spot-on when I inquired about my P3A place in the shipping que (it will be here next week). Here's the thing:  I've asked about waypoints and Ground Station for the P3 and have been told exactly the same thing by three different DJI employees- it's in-work and WILL be released in the DJI Pilot app soon. And so I'll simply enjoy my P3 and wait in anticipation for the app updates.
2015-5-16
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Photogrammetry App

These guys frequent this forum. They are developing an app that will do this, and then some.
2015-5-16
Use props
thedjiguy
lvl.1

United States

"Dji has said in videos they will have it"

Source: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/ground-station.40881/
2015-5-17
Use props
droneking
lvl.1

United States

300 Yes votes
2015-5-18
Use props
mavs88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi... well that would be great... Do you think (or maybe even know) if they will integrate those interesting and most usefull Waypoints into the DJI Pilot App...
I use the Groundstation with my F-550... Lovely to work with...

Can I find/get any information on the use of the Micro-USB Port on the Phantom 3 Aircraft itself?

Thanks for your effort and time to help!

Sincerely,

Max
2015-5-19
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

They should! 400 people so far want ground station and I'm sure the shit loads of people who don't come on forums would vote yes too..  everyone knows giving people what they want is how your going to stay number 1.. sooner or later more than dji will have bad a$$ multirotors..  2 other companies are already closing in on that gap so it will be coming down to who supports their product the best very soon and then a company can fall off the horse as fast as they got on it, if they don't give customers what they want
2015-5-23
Use props
sofagbem
lvl.2

United States

I want Ground Station for P3.
2015-5-27
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

I know Ken Argo's Ultimate Flight has GS in Beta right now. Litchi does too. I've used both very frequently with my P2v3 and am hoping the weather breaks soon so I can do a few small tests with my P3Pro.

Jerry
2015-5-30
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I want Ground Station for P3 for IOS that doesn't reboot every 5 mins.
2015-6-1
Use props
jayson
lvl.1

United States

Multiple third parties are already testing apps which do this and should be available to purchase soon.
2015-6-2
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

4000 people read this thread and only 400 voted?  Why is that?  Do you have to register to vote or something?
2015-6-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules