Phantom 3 vs Inspire 1 - comparison
2705 9 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Macphi
lvl.2

Switzerland

hi,
what is the objective value added of purchasing an inspire 1 vs Phantom 3?
I could identify the following:
- more powerful motors
- upgradable camera
- raising landing gear does not obstruct the camera view
- dual control

Anything else?
2015-4-11
Use props
Bobbybee
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yeah the phantom is a lot cheaper!!!
2015-4-12
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

I am an Inspire 1 owner.  I've been extremely unhappy with the lack of formal feedback on the topic, and totally surprised at the absence of feedback on this thread.

I've commented the same feedback on 4 different threads on the topic, hoping to get formal DJI feedback. but, nothing, I'm afraid.  

Not sure how else to get feedback from DJI...
2015-4-12
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Well since the P3 camera doesn't do a 360 turn. It doesn't need landing gears that raise...
2015-4-12
Use props
slabella
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1483192 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would recommend purchasing the new P3 Pro or Advance vs. the Inspire 1. I purchased my Inspire 1 back in Nov 2014 and waited it arrival on Feb 8th, 2015 and i compared it to my three Phantom 2 vision and 2 Vision + that has a ton or hours of flight time, the overall performance is BETTER then the Inspire.

Yes, in 2013 i purchased the first PV2 back then and i had one Fly away but it did return safely 100 % A-OK, No issues after a 20 Minute on it's own flight and i recorded it all on video and Boy, i was lucky.  Then i reported this to DJI and later in the month, a NEW firmware stated to be posted and the PV2 became the best investment i made and DJI continued to refine and enhance this product with follow up firmware updates and as of today, 2015, i still fell it's the best for the dollar well under 3K as the inspire 1 is priced at. Also, yes the P3 can't pan 360 Deg, but so what, fly and point and with all the Ground station features in the P2 and now 3, I wish DJI would have added these same features in the Inspire at the begging for what we all paid 3K+ ..

So with that, GO for the PV3 Pro or advance is my recommendation. I plan on selling my Inspire 1 with dual controllers and extra battery soon. As you know, DJI is at the NAB show this week show casing the PV3, so i am thinking of waiting after the show to hear the reviews of the PV3 and also see if DJI get some negative feedback or maybe general disappointing feedback the the Inspire 1 needs some new firmware with fix's and added features, Ground Station for one.   See the Phantom 3 pilot app features P3V has that the Inspire 1 does not! Then if i don't see a new Firmware say .18 and enhancements, Ground station for the Inspire 1 by May 1, then I will sell off the Inspire 1. and go back to the phantom series.

Hope this helps in your decision to purchase the P3 v.s the Inspire 1 as it stands today!

Sorry for the negatives on the Inspire 1, but as a owner of one, it is not what i thought it would be coming out of DJI and after all the DJI Marketing BS, wow i made a huge investment mistake for my company.

Best regards,
Steve
2015-4-12
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

The main advantage that I can see for us in France with the P3 is that it can be immediately certified with the S3 since it is less than 2kgs and does not require a 2000eur parachute like the I1.

For the rest, the P3 is a toy, and the Inspire an entry level in pro shooting for not even half the price of the real stuff.
2015-4-12
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

this explains a lot

http://dronetechreport.com/dji-a ... caled-down-inspire/
2015-4-12
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Well there ga go. I'll take both
2015-4-12
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-4-13 00:30
this explains a lot

http://dronetechreport.com/dji-announces-phantom-3-beefed-up-p2-or-scaled-down- ...

Awesome link. Much more info comparison wise than the dji website itself.
2015-4-12
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

alexmarnas Posted at 2015-4-12 22:12
The main advantage that I can see for us in France with the P3 is that it can be immediately certifi ...

Sorry dude but saying the phantom is a toy really makes me believe you haven't flown either. The inspire is a step up version, but I still favor the phantom because of its reliability and longer flight time.  There's absolutely nothing toy like about the phantom.
2015-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules