Verison 4.1.18 dated 16 Nov 2017 issues
8016 103 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RoyTeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45194 ft
Singapore

i don't think it's an "issue" they need fixing..From day 1 they mentioned OTG isnt supported so they probably did what was better for them, completely remove OTG so no more people will report problems with OTG..they're not going to "fix" it because to them it's not an issue..it is what it's meant to be..I'm sticking to 4.1.15 for now...probably will stick to that version until i sell the spark.
2017-12-9
Use props
fans28c124b0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57677 ft
United Kingdom

RoyTeo Posted at 2017-12-9 04:01
i don't think it's an "issue" they need fixing..From day 1 they mentioned OTG isnt supported so they probably did what was better for them, completely remove OTG so no more people will report problems with OTG..they're not going to "fix" it because to them it's not an issue..it is what it's meant to be..I'm sticking to 4.1.15 for now...probably will stick to that version until i sell the spark.

Oh really? People (who?) were complaining about OTG and DJI removed it's support? By your logic, they will remove WiFi next, as a lot of people are complaining about it (especially in Europe).
2017-12-9
Use props
exploringwithcf
lvl.1
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2017-11-17 14:10
WHAT'S NEW
Mavic Pro:
- Added Pano shooting

NOT WORTH IT TO LOSE OTG USAGE!!!!! Tired of DJI making my drone worse!!!
2017-12-10
Use props
exploringwithcf
lvl.1
United States

Mildman Posted at 2017-11-23 06:34
I know, and that is exactly my point...there was nothing in the release notes, but patently the functionality (albeit unsupported funationaliy) was removed.
The ommission/change, accidental or not, has had a significant impact on how the Spark performs, I don't accept that DJI wouldn't have known this impact.  
If this were a £50 toy, we would not be debating this, but it cost me £700 (the price of 3 PS4's for some context :-))

Do you know where i can get version 4.1.17?? I too am tired of DJI making my expensive ass drone worse
2017-12-10
Use props
exploringwithcf
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-23 03:16
We didn't release any news that we will remove the OTG cable, but we still recommend users use wifi connection instead. Thanks for your cooperation.

Removing the OTG connectivity is damn stupid, it works MUCH better than wifi in many areas and has MUCH less lag and you guys know it!!! Removing OTG usage is just about the last straw for me and I am seriously considering getting rid of my Spark and NEVER OWNING ANOTHER DJI PRODUCT AGAIN!!!! I wiil mention this blatant dumbing down of your drones on my YouTube channel also. EVERY update has come with a big screw up, mandate or dumbing down of MY drone.
2017-12-10
Use props
exploringwithcf
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-21 19:59
funny story, but till i had 4.1.18 on my OP5, the OTG connection was working perfect.
And it is, since 4.1.14 is back on my device.
Which leads to the conclusion that there are some changes made in the go4 app,  causing a 'unstable' OTG connection.

OTG works perfectly and you know it, stop the BS!!!
2017-12-10
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

exploringwithcf Posted at 2017-12-10 00:40
OTG works perfectly and you know it, stop the BS!!!

What is your problem, please?
2017-12-10
Use props
cozbatur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183018 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Hi guys. As I see from the recent posts, we mostly prefer OTG because of a flickered image and loss of connection between phone and RC. At least, this was my issue. When I used WI-FI, I always get “There is an interference so please get rid of bluetooth connections” or somethşng like this. And I always think that the phones around me are causing that problem. And I began to use OTG, everthing was OK. Then I realized that the biggest and closest bluetooth is on my own phone so I shut down it when I fly with WI-FI and voila. Now I’m only using WI-FI while my bluetooth is off without any problem. Because OTG is the only a connection with phone and RC nothing changes between RC and AC.

Meanwhile, I’m using iphone 6+ and the latest firmware and app versions. Have nice flights.
2017-12-10
Use props
cingleguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12106 ft
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-21 02:13
If you fly your spark with wifi and find the same problem or bad performance, please inform us for assistant.

I have a couple points DJI should be considering in their answers or lack thereof of answers for the problems Spark owners are dealing with, we understand that in your realm of products that we are the least of your concerns since its your cheapest model, but have you should consider this point, how many people looking to buy their first drone are reading these forums ( hundreds of threads on many websites) about all the issues, I'm sure if I was looking today for a new drone in this price range DJI would the first off the list. The second issue DJI should be concerned about is where I fall into, I have been flying my drone since August and since the lastest upgrade it has been up 6 times and have lost control 3 times, crashing the last time and broke the collar and light lens off 2 motors. Living in Canada and paying almost $1500 including extra batteries and other add ons, sadly  I can't afford anymore fun with my drone, which brings me the question that since I'm looking to get into a commercial drone business, should I be interested in what DJI has to offer for this venture, does DJI deal with software upgrade issues in the same manner as what the Spark owners are dealing with, is your excuses going to be the same for a $10,000 package as well. I plan on  making my decisions on what I'm buying soon after Christmas and sadly DJI is not going to be on the list, you have proven to your consumers that you can fix the problem but refuse to listen or repair the OTG issues. As a consumer I bought this unit and supported or not the OTG worked, why not do the smart thing and do another update that takes the software back to what it was and work out the bugs in this update instead of just side stepping the issue with "It was never supported"
I'm beginning to feel the same about DJI
2017-12-10
Use props
Laszl0
lvl.1
Poland

Hi everyone. I have downloaded 4.1.15 app from apkmirror and during first start I have an error: "Failed to get resource file".
Do you know how to solve this problem?
2017-12-10
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

uninstall version first, reboot your phone then instal 4.1.15
@ roy Theo ...nnd its not only the OTG issue, i fly with wifi, no cable. But i mean what about altitude errors in 4.1.18. People lost there Spark!
2017-12-11
Use props
Artfloriani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199334 ft
Brazil

I had exactly the same issue and explained it here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-123434-1-1.html

Can confirm that OTG is not working properly on 4.1.18.
2017-12-11
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

You can downgrade to DJI 4.1.15 or before on Android.

On IOS 11.2 - current DJI 4.1.18 still allows OTG
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

exploringwithcf Posted at 2017-12-10 00:36
Removing the OTG connectivity is damn stupid, it works MUCH better than wifi in many areas and has MUCH less lag and you guys know it!!! Removing OTG usage is just about the last straw for me and I am seriously considering getting rid of my Spark and NEVER OWNING ANOTHER DJI PRODUCT AGAIN!!!! I wiil mention this blatant dumbing down of your drones on my YouTube channel also. EVERY update has come with a big screw up, mandate or dumbing down of MY drone.

Please note that our engineers are working on that. Please wait patiently.
2017-12-12
Use props
Carmadmate
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65102 ft
United Kingdom

After using the Spark happily and completely trouble free for many hours of flights I got warnings and AC drifting when I when out to 3 different locations to fly at the weekend.

I'm using iPhone 6/iPad Air on ios 11.2, linked through wifi to the RC. The only variable is that it's the first time I've flown with 4.1.18.

I got compass errors, GPS errors and video lag problems and I'm not very confident to take the Spark out again until the problems have been resolved.
2017-12-12
Use props
RoyTeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45194 ft
Singapore

fans28c124b0 Posted at 2017-12-9 20:25
Oh really? People (who?) were complaining about OTG and DJI removed it's support? By your logic, they will remove WiFi next, as a lot of people are complaining about it (especially in Europe).

Well, many have lost drones and opened cases with DJI and found that they were connected via OTG which isn't supported etc..arguments here and there so they probably just removed it completely
2017-12-16
Use props
jrfarrar
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-12 03:42
Please note that our engineers are working on that. Please wait patiently.

Does anyone have an update on this?
2018-2-2
Use props
jrfarrar
lvl.1
United States

I see we are now to version 4.2.4 and the OTG cable still doesn't work.
2018-2-2
Use props
djiuser_HJoUqhGjx2QJ
lvl.2

Indonesia

its android DJI Go v4.2.8 and its 15th April now, OTG still not working. Really disappointed with DJI.
2018-4-15
Use props
Quentyn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37759 ft
Finland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-12 03:42
Please note that our engineers are working on that. Please wait patiently.

Elektra, can i confirm now patiently we need to wait ? given its been 4-5 months ( though OTG is now back working on Apple)
Q
2018-4-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

OTG Support. I can confirm that 4.2.8 on IOS works fine. 4.2.8 On Android (CrystalSky) works but does not display the telemetry on top right telemetry bar.
2018-4-15
Use props
ialexpw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1503 ft
United Kingdom

Been waiting on this also, I moved back to 4.1.15 where it works perfectly while I think about whether to keep hold of my Spark or return it. I cannot believe that it has not been fixed in over a few months for a "premium" product.
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Quentyn Posted at 2018-4-15 07:34
Elektra, can i confirm now patiently we need to wait ? given its been 4-5 months ( though OTG is now back working on Apple)
Q

Sorry that I have no idea about the specific date. Thanks for your patience.  
2018-4-24
Use props
ZmaroSobrinho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7058809 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

ow my. I live in brazil and here still is 4.1.8!!! I'm waiting 4.1.12 and you told that already have 4.1.18... Hey dji, respect Brazilians
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules