Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo mobile and iphone 8
1954 10 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MathieuJ
New

Belgium

I tried to connect my iphone8 to the Osmo mobile and I got this error message "device positioning error. Turn off device and reposition as indicated". I turned it off, tried to reposition it again several times and it never worked. With an iphone 5 of a colleague it works perfectly. what can I do? Is there a problem with iphone 8?

2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please turn off your osmo mobile and balance your iphone 8 again, it should be level before you turn on osmo. Do not mount your I8 on osmo m with phone case.
2017-11-17
Use props
MathieuJ
New

Belgium

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-17 22:52
Please turn off your osmo mobile and balance your iphone 8 again, it should be level before you turn on osmo. Do not mount your I8 on osmo m with phone case.

I did it several times (turn off osmo and level my iphone again) without success. My phone case was taken out.
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MathieuJ Posted at 2017-11-21 04:58
I did it several times (turn off osmo and level my iphone again) without success. My phone case was taken out.

So you do balance the gimbal before powering on right?
Will the gimal motor get extremely hot after powering on?
2017-11-21
Use props
MathieuJ
New

Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-21 07:41
So you do balance the gimbal before powering on right?
Will the gimal motor get extremely hot after powering on?

yes, I balance it before powering on. The gimbal motors never started as I got the error message.
2017-11-21
Use props
Yourdreamvacati
New
United States

I am trying to get my IPhone 8 to work with my osmo mobile and I just have a flashing yellow light.
2017-11-21
Use props
MathieuJ
New

Belgium

Yourdreamvacati Posted at 2017-11-21 11:30
I am trying to get my IPhone 8 to work with my osmo mobile and I just have a flashing yellow light.

Did you charge the battery?
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Yourdreamvacati Posted at 2017-11-21 11:30

Please try to calibrate your gimbal. Or you can try to use another mobile device for check. Please keep us updated if the problem remains.
2017-11-22
Use props
MathieuJ
New

Belgium

Someone tried with to connect the osmo mobile to a Samsung phone. The motors of the gimbal directly started. He calibrated the gimbal. Then I tried again with my Iphne 8 but nothing happened except the same error message.... Any help???
2017-11-23
Use props
fans6cd91b29
New
Flight distance : 230361 ft
Canada

I saw a Youtube video about the Osmo sensor having issues reading glossy or glassy (as in the new iPhone 8) phones. He covered the sensor with a business card and then it worked.
Here is the video...
2017-11-23
Use props
MathieuJ
New

Belgium

fans6cd91b29 Posted at 2017-11-23 18:11
I saw a Youtube video about the Osmo sensor having issues reading glossy or glassy (as in the new iPhone 8) phones. He covered the sensor with a business card and then it worked.
Here is the video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYh4lNW-i_c

great!! That's it: it works now! This should be told to all iphone8 users!

thank you very much
2017-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules