4166 68 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

gkrause Posted at 2017-11-19 00:23
Wow, the airdata app is very good! It shows mistakes better than the logviewer from phantomhelp AND explains the values!
Ok, it would be better to send the Spark to DJI to get it checked.

In general the phantomhelp logview is better and contains more information, but sometimes reading the two together is helpful too.
2017-11-19
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102454 ft
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-19 00:41
In general the phantomhelp logview is better and contains more information, but sometimes reading the two together is helpful too.

Ok, thank you for your tips!
Now, of course, my curiosity has been awakened.
I checked when the first time errors occurred.
It was the 3rd flight after the new purchase (here a screenshot).
But I'll keep looking ...

2017-11-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

gkrause Posted at 2017-11-19 01:06

Could you please upload this particular logfile also to phantomhelp and share the link here? I can see a few things that puzzle me...
2017-11-19
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-19 01:33
Could you please upload this particular logfile also to phantomhelp and share the link here? I can see a few things that puzzle me...

Yes, I can: http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/YSLRVLTDU4FHUBE4F02W/
2017-11-19
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

And another flight, where I ask myself: "What does Spark do, I cannot understand."
Do you know, what happened?
Why did the modes change so often?

2017-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

gkrause Posted at 2017-11-19 04:09
And another flight, where I ask myself: "What does Spark do, I cannot understand."
Do you know, what happened?
Why did the modes change so often?

This log looks pretty normal, I presume you had AC in and out of sport mode and WiFi reconnect should be just what is happening when you are switching between mode, but nothing looks out of the ordinary.
2017-11-19
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-19 04:30
This log looks pretty normal, I presume you had AC in and out of sport mode and WiFi reconnect should be just what is happening when you are switching between mode, but nothing looks out of the ordinary.

Hmmm... but I only changed once and not "thirty" times?
2017-11-19
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 2017-11-18 02:08
It takes only less than a second (most times about 0.5 sec) after the first YAW message that the Spark goes automatically in ATTI mode.
Than after very short moment Spark tells us to switch to ATTI mode if problem remains....
Real "fun" because i cannot switch to ATTI mode and Spark is already in ATTI!

I have read this switch to Atti mode command on a few posts........
Is it possible to manually switch to Atti mode? If so how do you do it?
Cheers,
Paul
2017-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

gkrause Posted at 2017-11-19 04:40
Hmmm... but I only changed once and not "thirty" times?

That maybe so, but I think it’s just flying in sport mode and reminder of WiFi still connected, if there was a problem you would see in red.
Also airdata in this form can be confusing phantomhelp is a much more reliable format for reading logs.
2017-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Paul Lee Posted at 2017-11-19 04:45
Cheers,

There is no manual switch to Atti mode on spark.
2017-11-19
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-19 04:54
That maybe so, but I think it’s just flying in sport mode and reminder of WiFi still connected, if there was a problem you would see in red.
Also airdata in this form can be confusing phantomhelp is a much more reliable format for reading logs.

Ok, that's of course possible!
Wachtberger also told me, that phantomhelp has more details or is  more accurate
2017-11-19
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Paul Lee Posted at 2017-11-19 04:45
Cheers,

So why the h*ll DJI let me read a message on the screen saying switch to ATTI...?!

DJI, can you answer this one?

cheers
Hans
2017-11-19
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-19 04:30

I think that this is not a normal flight, all that switching within less tha a second.

Why would the Spark reconnect WIFI when switching from one mode to another?
Never seen this is my flight-logs.

cheers Hans
2017-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJBspark Posted at 2017-11-19 06:57
So why the h*ll DJI let me read a message on the screen saying switch to ATTI...?!

DJI, can you answer this one?

It’s obviously a mistake that programmers have not rectified it’s exactly the same on the Mavic and has been that way for a year.
All of dji Aircraft will get the same message and yes all dji Aircraft go to Atti mode automatically whether they have a switch or not ,when there is a problem with compass etc.
But while most people understand what’s happening for those who don’t it should be changed.
2017-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJBspark Posted at 2017-11-19 07:00
I think that this is not a normal flight, all that switching within less tha a second.

Why would the Spark reconnect WIFI when switching from one mode to another?

This is more a problem with airdata downloaded files than a problem with the aircraft , you will notice if you have any experience reading airdata logs that they use a colour coding system and problems are marked in red and purple, I think it’s already been pointed out to OP that he will get a much truer reflection of his log from phantomhelp.

If you know of a different way of reading airdata logs maybe you might enlighten us .
2017-11-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-19 07:17
This is more a problem with airdata downloaded files than a problem with the aircraft , you will notice if you have any experience reading airdata logs that they use a colour coding system and problems are marked in red and purple, I think it’s already been pointed out to OP that he will get a much truer reflection of his log from phantomhelp.

If you know of a different way of reading airdata logs maybe you might enlighten us .

I fully agree that the phantomhelp view is better to read, more precise and contains more data as well. Just sometimes I find it interesting to compare them.
2017-11-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Thank you for that! What puzzles me is that again you had 4 rather long disconnects (close to 10 seconds) on very short distance. Were you flying just with your mobile device or with RC? Same question applies to the short flightlog you have posted this morning with equally many disconnects on short distance. If flying with RC, after 3 seconds disconnect RTH should kick in but it didn't. I wonder if this was because both flights were in beginner mode where you can't go far anyway and RTH might be disabled then...
It was similar but also different for me during one short flight this afternoon. I was much closer to a power line than I thought because it was hidden behind trees. I had several disconnects very qhickly one after the other while stick commands were still working well. And I got prompted for RTH as it should be.
2017-11-19
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-19 08:24
Thank you for that! What puzzles me is that again you had 4 rather long disconnects (close to 10 seconds) on very short distance. Were you flying just with your mobile device or with RC? Same question applies to the short flightlog you have posted this morning with equally many disconnects on short distance. If flying with RC, after 3 seconds disconnect RTH should kick in but it didn't. I wonder if this was because both flights were in beginner mode where you can't go far anyway and RTH might be disabled then...
It was similar but also different for me during one short flight this afternoon. I was much closer to a power line than I thought because it was hidden behind trees. I had several disconnects very qhickly one after the other while stick commands were still working well. And I got prompted for RTH as it should be.

Hi, I only fly with the RC. IPhone 6s and always with the latest firmware versions, this also applies to the DJI Go app.
Yes, I think that's the way it is. At low distances RTH is disabled (between 3 and 20 meters I mean I heard?)?
2017-11-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

gkrause Posted at 2017-11-19 08:56
Hi, I only fly with the RC. IPhone 6s and always with the latest firmware versions, this also applies to the DJI Go app.
Yes, I think that's the way it is. At low distances RTH is disabled (between 3 and 20 meters I mean I heard?)?

No, it is not disabled. Only less than 3 meters distance the Spark will land where it is. Thus it must be ralated to the beginners mode.
2017-11-19
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-19 09:07
No, it is not disabled. Only less than 3 meters distance the Spark will land where it is. Thus it must be ralated to the beginners mode.

Ok, thanks.
2017-11-19
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-19 07:10
It’s obviously a mistake that programmers have not rectified it’s exactly the same on the Mavic and has been that way for a year.
All of dji Aircraft will get the same message and yes all dji Aircraft go to Atti mode automatically whether they have a switch or not ,when there is a problem with compass etc.
But while most people understand what’s happening for those who don’t it should be changed.

I do understand whats happening to the spark, that`s not a problem. Problem is that DJI shows a wrong contents message, being a aircraft engineer and software developper myself i 'hate' such messages. If you inform people than inform them correctly.

2017-11-19
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-19 07:17

i know how analyse data files in general, did choose the wrong word for the WIFI, must be connecting and not switching. I will compare some other files where the user is switching mode, see if the wifi is re-connection as well. My guess now is not.

BTW, does anyone knows if the "phantomhelp" uses the same information as the "flight log internet app"?
Can always give a try to make a program myself, first thing is to get rid off the minus and plus yaw values.
I am used to read the full 360 compass headings! Yaw minus 30 is 330 degrees.

Cheers Hans
2017-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJBspark Posted at 2017-11-19 11:14
I do understand whats happening to the spark, that`s not a problem. Problem is that DJI shows a wrong contents message, being a aircraft engineer and software developper myself i 'hate' such messages. If you inform people than inform them correctly.

Obviously most people don’t have much problem understanding it, because I don’t see many complaining about it . But as I said would be good if they changed it for spark and Mavic to clear up any confusion.
2017-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJBspark Posted at 2017-11-19 11:17
i know how analyse data files in general, did choose the wrong word for the WIFI, must be connecting and not switching. I will compare some other files where the user is switching mode, see if the wifi is re-connection as well. My guess now is not.

BTW, does anyone knows if the "phantomhelp" uses the same information as the "flight log internet app"?

It’s very easy to read that flight record and to know AC is flying correctly with no problems, everything matches up as regards flying Distance Altitude and flight times, from beginning of flight right up to rth command this flight was exactly as it should.

It’s just the notifications that are confusing .
2017-11-19
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

gkrause Posted at 2017-11-19 01:06

How could you set a RTH altitude much higher as the max. flight altitude? [E 00m 40s}

I think, I tried that once to set a RTH over the max flight height limit.
But the app refused that.
2017-11-20
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-20 09:23
How could you set a RTH altitude much higher as the max. flight altitude? [E 00m 40s}

I think, I tried that once to set a RTH over the max flight height limit.

What was the max. flight altitude? 50 m? I don't remember.
And then I think, I take the Beginnermode with 30 m.
2017-11-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

gkrause Posted at 2017-11-20 09:41
What was the max. flight altitude? 50 m? I don't remember.
And then I think, I take the Beginnermode with 30 m.

Its's your picture
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 3&page=2#pid1040302

And yes, 70 RTH and 30 max flight altitude.

Oh, I remember.
I tried to set the RTH over the legal max altitude limit.
But without having that confirmed, already, b/c my max flight height was still in the limits.
My bad, just ignore my first post!
2017-11-20
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-20 09:46
Its's your picture
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 3&page=2#pid1040302

No problem!
2017-11-20
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

After 4 more flights, no problems to recognize.
Here, for example, when I chased my children with the Spark:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/5TUA2M2V04N01BMMM1BE/

I think it is very often the vulnerability of the Spark in certain environments.
2017-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules