Loosing connection after 120-200 meters ??
8628 52 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-2-8
Use props
Vukir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486460 ft
United States

So, it's a recent issue I've had. Got the spark in June, had a replacement in July because of the battery issue, and just recently replaced it with my refresh. Was getting very choppy video (not even 50m away) and smashed the glass on my Camera. Oh well. That's why I have the refresh.

Up until December I was able to get the drone to fly near a mile with clear video (I use a spotter with a scope, thanks to how tiny the spark is). Now with two units, one brand new, I can hardly fly  50m out without lagging video, freezing, and stuttering. I just let go of the sticks, don't want to run into anything, and wait for connection, but it's remarkably frustrating.

I've tried wifi to the remote and prefer the OTG from my remote to my phone which has worked perfectly. I've tried multiple devices, including an iPhone 6+, iPhone X, and iPad Pro (10 inch). Someone I fly with uses an android phone and tablet and also gets the same issue with distance and lagging video. Spark is up to date, as is the controller and app. Even the parabolic reflectors have had limited impact on range (I know the verdict on their benefit is still discussed).

One thing I do notice is that, even a few feet away, I used to get the "Weak Video Signal" message at the top. From no more than a meter away. The latest update got rid of it being there all the time, but I suspect that it didn't really help.

Anyone know why this is happening? Three different drones with multiple devices in multiple locations (I'm typically on 5.8 when I fly). I've tried putting anything in my pockets or on the controller in airplane mode to avoid the bluetooth "issue". And am pretty much at the end of my tricks.

Is this intentional on DJI's part? It feels like every update my range gets worse. If it's to keep sparks in line of sight, I'd at least like to know that's what they are doing (although my drone is barely flyable in it's current state).

Thanks for any input.
2018-2-8
Use props
Vukir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486460 ft
United States

So, it's a recent issue I've had. Got the spark in June, had a replacement in July because of the battery issue, and just recently replaced it with my refresh. Was getting very choppy video (not even 50m away) and smashed the glass on my Camera. Oh well. That's why I have the refresh.

Up until December I was able to get the drone to fly near a mile with clear video (I use a spotter with a scope, thanks to how tiny the spark is). Now with two units, one brand new, I can hardly fly  50m out without lagging video, freezing, and stuttering. I just let go of the sticks, don't want to run into anything, and wait for connection, but it's remarkably frustrating.

I've tried wifi to the remote and prefer the OTG from my remote to my phone which has worked perfectly. I've tried multiple devices, including an iPhone 6+, iPhone X, and iPad Pro (10 inch). Someone I fly with uses an android phone and tablet and also gets the same issue with distance and lagging video. Spark is up to date, as is the controller and app. Even the parabolic reflectors have had limited impact on range (I know the verdict on their benefit is still discussed).

One thing I do notice is that, even a few feet away, I used to get the "Weak Video Signal" message at the top. From no more than a meter away. The latest update got rid of it being there all the time, but I suspect that it didn't really help.

Anyone know why this is happening? Three different drones with multiple devices in multiple locations (I'm typically on 5.8 when I fly). I've tried putting anything in my pockets or on the controller in airplane mode to avoid the bluetooth "issue". And am pretty much at the end of my tricks.

Is this intentional on DJI's part? It feels like every update my range gets worse. If it's to keep sparks in line of sight, I'd at least like to know that's what they are doing (although my drone is barely flyable in it's current state).

Thanks for any input.
2018-2-8
Use props
Alldronez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5360899 ft
United States

i’m having the exact same problem you are, whether on wifi or OTG. The annoying thing is that the top right area of flight screen is showing my “rc’s connection as 5.89ghz” with FULL SIGNAL BARS when I get the “image transmission lost” blinking at me and consequently lose my image feed...again, WHETHER ON WIFI OR OTG!
2018-2-10
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-2-5 10:54
Totally agree, unfortunatelly DJIs attitude toward the android is really terrible. So if you need the longer range you have two options right now. Either get an iOS device or downgrade the Android DJI Go 4 App to 4.1.15 and use the OTG cable.

same problems on IOS, totally unstabel connection.
2018-2-11
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I you want more range you have to go to the dark side and use a modded app.
2018-2-11
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

When Dji is not listening to his customers, he is the only and right option to go to the dark side (modded app).. I'm on the side of evil for and finally I can use Spark the way I wanted when I bought it. Thank You Dji!!!!!
2018-2-11
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Arcicorsa Posted at 2018-2-11 06:40
When Dji is not listening to his customers, he is the only and right option to go to the dark side (modded app).. I'm on the side of evil for and finally I can use Spark the way I wanted when I bought it. Thank You Dji!!!!!

I tested the waypoints with the spark , it's works super!!
2018-2-11
Use props
Alldronez
lvl.2
United States

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2-5 03:22
I primarily fly with wifi - and still encounter these connection errors.

This weekend I had it out less that 100 meters and both times it lost connection and initiated RTH.

I’m coming to find out it has to do with the amount and concentration of wi-fi signals in the area you’re trying to fly....I’d almost be willing to bet on it!
2018-12-30
Use props
Alldronez
lvl.2
United States

Jos A Posted at 2-11 03:04
I you want more range you have to go to the dark side and use a modded app.

Which modded app is that???
2018-12-30
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

Alldronez Posted at 12-30 15:23
Which modded app is that???

the android app
or just switch to FCC Mode

btw how is ur drone after 700km+ does it feel any different?
2018-12-30
Use props
Alldronez
lvl.2
United States

SAADHERO Posted at 12-30 15:36
the android app
or just switch to FCC Mode

Feels the same...I feel more comfortable with it and do all kinds of things with it as second nature now, without having think about it
2018-12-31
Use props
Alldronez
lvl.2
United States

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2-8 05:09
Okay, the last few night I have learned to calibrate the compass and the IMU.

I have also read / watched videos about whatever I could regarding to wifi settings and such ...

Oh that is just WONDERFUL
2018-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules