Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro IMU Calibration Failed
12755 13 2017-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6AAvXmV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13379 ft

United States

Can someone Explain me what is going on with My Mavic Pro IMU Calibration Failed.

It Stuck at 2/5. I'm tried of waiting. Can someone Please Help me solve this.
This is My Gmail: saisitutun@gmail.com
Thank you so much !!

23718145_1573371136042303_717162891_n.png
23718145_1573371136042303_717162891_n.png
23732337_1573370622709021_706078282_o.png
2017-11-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I would try a factory reset via DJI Assistant 2 on the PC, maybe even refresh the firmware, then try again in a different spot
2017-11-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure there is no metal in the table or what ever you’re using to keep the Mavic level.
2017-11-17
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

During the calibration, you have to move the Mavic into different positions. It will show you on the screen how to reposition the Mavic. If you just start the procedure and do nothing more then it will fail. Make sure the surface is perfectly flat, check it with a level.
2017-11-17
Use props
djiuser_6AAvXmV
lvl.1

United States

lannes Posted at 2017-11-17 15:24
I would try a factory reset via DJI Assistant 2 on the PC, maybe even refresh the firmware, then try again in a different spot

Yes, I have done the reset Assistant 2, Refresh the firmware and tired in different area where no metal interference. The problem still persist
2017-11-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_6AAvXmV Posted at 2017-11-17 20:57
Yes, I have done the reset Assistant 2, Refresh the firmware and tired in different area where no metal interference. The problem still persist

Are you using a fully charged battery and are you only moving the drone at each stage after the green rear light is flashing, doing it before the green light indication messes up the sequence

2017-11-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And ensure the drone is at an ambient room temperature - leave it for 20 minutes to cool then try again. If all of that doesn’t work then you can try downgrading the FW and see if that has any effect. If not then it appears to be a hardware malfunction and you’ll need to return it to DJI for repair/replacement.
2017-11-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

If the issue remains after refreshing the firmware, please send it in for fully diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-11-18
Use props
djiuser_6AAvXmV
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Guys for giving advices. I have done all the basic IMU Calibration. Did cooling it down for more than 30 minutes, and downgrading the FW. Unfortunately I haven't purchased the DJI Care Refresh. Which is a bad Luck for me. I have landed it roughly on the rocks so, I think it caused some damage to the sensors inside the Drone. Now I don't know what to do
2017-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_6AAvXmV Posted at 2017-11-18 15:49
Thanks Guys for giving advices. I have done all the basic IMU Calibration. Did cooling it down for more than 30 minutes, and downgrading the FW. Unfortunately I haven't purchased the DJI Care Refresh.  Which is a bad Luck for me. I have landed it roughly on the rocks so, I think it caused some damage to the sensors inside the Drone. Now I don't know what to do

First you need to sync your flight to dji cloud in your app.
Contact dji support to start a case they will arrange for pick up of your drone and it will be taken for assement , it will depend on what was the cause of you crash as to whether they will charge for repair or if it will be covered under warranty.
From what you say it looks like it might be your fault but that’s not clear either. You could upload your flight log here and maybe we can throw some light on it.
Just click on link below and follow instructions come back here and post link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-11-18
Use props
djiuser_6AAvXmV
lvl.1

United States

Hey Guys, Good News!
I SOLVED the IMU Calibration Failed Problem!  
I went to Google and Researched WHERE the ACCELEROMETER and GYROSCOPE located in the Mavic, and found out that it need to loses the Sensor or whatever is in side it.
I start to unscrew the Button shell and took out the motherboard and at the IMU Module tap a little harder with your fingertip 4 or 5 times. After that install the motherboard and Screw all back and there you go and do the IMU Calibration again.. It worked like a charm!! So happy to get this Mavic Fixed without any part replacing.. Also, Thanks for your suggestion and advices!!
2017-11-20
Use props
djiuser_3X3E19a30yZH
New
Flight distance : 12552 ft
United States

TURN the DRONE! That's all Ya Gotta Do!

I had the same problem. Got stuck on step 2.

Well-- it turns out-- I didn't pay close attention to the image about turning the drone around on the DJI APP. The reason why it gets stuck on step 2 is because you have to turn the drone! Just look at the picture on the DJI app. I was out in the woods snowshoeing and totally missed it. But now looking over this blog- and watching the video above- I realized, that all I needed to do is turn my darn drone on its side-- and in less than a minute it was done processing.

So for all who have the same problem... before you gut your drone or send it in for repair.... first take a look at the graphic on the DJI app. Glad I finally did! :-)
2018-3-9
Use props
Aussie_in_Kiwiland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60932 ft
New Zealand

Hi fellow users. After reading all the blogs I still am having a problem with IMU calibration. Here is a different take on the problem. I am on a patrol ship and do not get to shore often. I am guilty of also not looking properly at the graphic when it comes to turning the drone over in 5 different directions. I ran out of time last docking and back on the boat I found that the calibration continued to fail. The only explanation I can think of is the constant rolling of the boat is interrupting the calibration sequence. I am going to try again today with a fully charged battery and charged controller to see if this will work. Otherwise I will have to wait a few days until I can step on dry land and try to calibrate then. I would like to here from anyone with similar experiences. Please note that I DO understand how to calibrate so please do not direct me to videos on how to do. Thanks
2018-3-19
Use props
fans2d3af569
New
United States

djiuser_3X3E19a30yZH Posted at 2018-3-9 21:03
TURN the DRONE! That's all Ya Gotta Do!

I had the same problem. Got stuck on step 2.

You are so smart.
2020-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules