ND4 Filter
1010 4 2017-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423871 ft
United States

Ive purchased the Polarpro Shutter Cinema ND filter series already (which includes a ND 16, 32, and 34 filter) and love the quality it gives my film. I am having an issue trying to get my shutter speed right when dusk is setting in though and was looking at purchasing a ND 4 filter.
Is there a large need for a ND 4 filter?

I wanted something lower than a 16 ND when the sun is setting,  but it appears with Polarpro, I can only purchase the VIVID series which are all polarized...... Not sure if this is the direction I need to go...... Guess I'm just looking for some direction.
image.jpeg
2017-11-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It looks like you have that need right?
On overcast days that might be the one you need to get to the best shutterspeed.
Not sure about the P4, but you can't change the aperture right?
2017-11-18
Use props
PolarProSupport
lvl.2

United States

Hi James,

We'd be happy to provide some additional insight here.  The ND4 is definitely the recommended filter to use in sunrise/sunset situations, where the available light will typically be too minimal to allow for the use of an ND8 or higher.  If you're only looking for the one filter rather than a set, and it's not listed individually on our site, please reach out to our customer support team at support@polarpro.com and we'll be happy to get a custom order set up for you.  We can also answer any other questions you may have about the filters.

- Oliver from PolarPro
2017-11-20
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

I use a ND4 in early morning / overcast days.   Most other times I use either a ND8 or ND16  from the Polar Pro Vivid Set.
2017-11-22
Use props
tks
New
United States

180-degree shutter on the P4 isn't significant enough to bother using ND4 for golden hour situations. Too much hassle for no noticeable improvement to footage. Test it yourself and you'll agree! Have fun out there.
2017-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules