GO4 Freezes when taking photos
1532 8 2017-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TCADrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1826745 ft
United States

While doing residential roof inspections, you will often get collision warnings when closer than 10ft from the surface. While taking photographs of the roof in this condition, after 3 or 4 photos, app will freeze mid photograph, camera button spins, and app must be killed and restart to take any more photos. Tried different SD cards, using only sandisk extreme 32 /U3. Any help with this is appreciated.
2017-11-18
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Are you using the app on the phone or the one with the built in screen
2017-11-18
Use props
TCADrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1826745 ft
United States

iPad Pro 128GB.
2017-11-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This effect is caused because the app is waiting for the SD card to finish writing. Are you taking RAW or straight JPEG shots? And when you take the shots off the SD card, are you formatting the card afterwards?

Best course of action is to take JPEG shots without RAW and after you copy the shots off the SD card into a computer, format the card in the drone.
2017-11-18
Use props
EndlessOK
New
Flight distance : 284265 ft
United States

This is happening to me now as well. This mornings flight was a complete pain in the rear. Constant buffering, green screen and app dumping. I am using a iPad Mini 4 128gb with no other software on it, running in Airplane mode, hard wired to RC. Has turned a 20 minute flight into over an hour to get the shots I need.
Using 16gb card that came with the P4p in April. Formatted before each flight. I am at a loss as what could be causing this. Over the summer I did almost 120 roof inspections and this last month has just driven my hairline back and turned it completely gray...
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Does the same issue occur if you taking the JPEG shots only? What's the current version of DJI GO and the tablet OS?
2017-11-20
Use props
Trevor Apps
New

Australia

having same problem ipad mini4 128 gig dedicated is freezing on taking jpeg and raw  only started 4 months after all is good  and yesterday stopped updating flight logs
2018-7-14
Use props
ZenFly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116713 ft
United States

Has there been no resolution to this issue? I doubt it’s SD card speed related as I am definitely using one of the fastest cards available.  However, I could believe that this could be related to an SD card going bad.  The only skepticism I have about that is it’s happening to me with two different birds on consecutive flights.  I’m believing that it’s either related to DJI Go 4 or the device (iPad Mini 4 128 - like others in this post), but it just recently started acting up which makes me think software vs hardware.   Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly welcome!  Thanks in advance!
2020-5-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ZenFly Posted at 5-19 16:18
Has there been no resolution to this issue? I doubt it’s SD card speed related as I am definitely using one of the fastest cards available.  However, I could believe that this could be related to an SD card going bad.  The only skepticism I have about that is it’s happening to me with two different birds on consecutive flights.  I’m believing that it’s either related to DJI Go 4 or the device (iPad Mini 4 128 - like others in this post), but it just recently started acting up which makes me think software vs hardware.   Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly welcome!  Thanks in advance!

Actually, it is most certain related to the SD card. It could be speed, it could be a faulty card, although that is less likely. But it might also be a fault in the aircraft. Tell us which SD card you have, which aircraft you have. Try formatting the card in the aircraft and try again.
2020-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules