P3 remote control compatible with inspire 1 ?
3564 14 2015-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Tanzania

Hi can anyone advise if the new P3 remote control is compatible with the inspire as a second controller or viceversa is the P3 can be flown/controlled  with the standard inspire remote ?
2015-4-12
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

I have not seen a clear answer to that question anywhere... But knowing DJI, I would say, there is no way!
The remote is more than 600eur, It means that it would be 450eur cheaper than the whole package, P3+remote..
They are slightly different anyway, no gear control, only 2 plugs in the back etc...
2015-4-12
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Tanzania

yes, there are definitely differences and it would be not fully compatible, but may be allowing 90% of what needed as a second remote !??
2015-4-12
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Tanzania

yes, there are definitely differences and it would be not fully compatible, but may be allowing 90% of what needed as a second remote !??
2015-4-12
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Tanzania

2015-4-12
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

I think what will make them both different it's just the software! I saw the video and it's identical to the inspire 1. makes no reason why they would kill themself making a new desig and making their life harder if they already have a great design, but then who knows!!!! but I am 90% sure that they will use the same control. maybe that's why they took for ever to send me the 2nd controller they where probably producing mass quantities of controllers for the P3. Designing a new control would only mean for them to spend more money and why do such thing when they have a great seeing when it comes to the RC.
2015-4-12
Use props
lesmess
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2753402 ft
United Kingdom

The P3 RC is not compatible with the inspire. Dji have confirmed this.
2015-4-12
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

joekeantang@gma Posted at 2015-4-12 23:05
I think what will make them both different it's just the software! I saw the video and it's identica ...

The controllers are NOT identical. The P3 controller does not have the toggle for the landing gear and there is no HDMI output.
2015-4-12
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-4-13 00:33
The controllers are NOT identical. The P3 controller does not have the toggle for the landing gear ...

Good that will releave many people who are so upset! .
2015-4-12
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Iran

thanks. But if one was not in need of landing gear toggle and not in need of HDMI could he use this remote on an I1 ?
2015-4-14
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

I doubt you could use it even though I'd bet internal components are (mostly) the same. The p3 will also use the pilot app and connect through usb. But because of the extra production there's a good chance the I1 transmitter price will go down. I have 2 and to be honest the second tx could be a lot cheaper since it hardly uses any of the electronics inside. In my case I don't feel it's capabilities justify the $650 price.
2015-4-14
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

xzces Posted at 2015-4-15 09:04
I doubt you could use it even though I'd bet internal components are (mostly) the same. The p3 will  ...

The plastic boxes may look very similar, but the I1's RC has a lot more hardware than the P3's RC.
The secondary RC for the I1 may have hardware not required when used as a secondary unit (cameraman control), but look at it this way: if your main RC gets damaged / lost you can always use the secondary RC as the main RC to fly the I1 with single operator mode.
Are these RCs worth $650?... as much as a bottle of 0.5 L iced tea is worth $3... or a piece of 15x8 cm mirror is worth $190... and so on (I can give endless examples).
Regards,
Bogdan
2015-4-14
Use props
mohan.desilva
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I think the Inspire remote will work with the Phantom 3 - this will enable HDMI output from the Ph3
2015-4-15
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI has repeatedly said no they are not interchangeable. That being said, the P3's at NAB are using Inspire 1 remotes as that is what they used during development and needed them to display the camera's view on the display monitors. My guess is that while they are basically identical without the HDMI and gear retract (aside from the cosmetic difference) that they will easily be able to lock each aircraft down to its respective copter easily through software.
2015-4-15
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-15 13:33
The plastic boxes may look very similar, but the I1's RC has a lot more hardware than the P3's RC. ...

What I mean is that there are too many similarities: dual antennas with the same range suggests its probably the same tx-rx hardware used. The button layout and port out layout also matches that of the inspire perfectly. Sure, there's the landinggear lever that's missing, but thats just a small lever around the rth button. Bottomline is, the 650 for the inspire tx was more based on the fact that it was new. Now they have production running and with the same components they could easily drop the price to 350. And even if you could use the inspire tx,  I doubt you could use the p3s on the inspire. But it will all be controlled through software.
2015-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules