Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Trouble with DJI Service in California.
3165 50 2017-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-14 21:28
Hi Cougar
I haven't heard much from you ... we have all been busy. What's the latest?  I have not updated to the last FW  but everything is still working well. Phone is still on 4.1.18. But the iPads are the same as we last spoke.  

Hi Rich,
Not much to report, they did ship my drone via "Horse and buggy" (not expedited) so it will not be back until just before Christmas (next Thursday or Friday pending weather).
So hoping and praying that it is finally fixed. Not that flying is in the cards right now, it is very cold and windy. Will let you know once it is here.
All the best for the season,
Cougar
2017-12-15
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-11 19:44
Hi sir, thank you for your update, hope you can receive the drone soon.
But for the warranty extending, I am afraid that we don't have this move, but I will forward your situation again to the local team to see if we can do anything to make you feel better. Thank you for your kind understanding.

DJI Mindy, DJI Thor.

Just recived my I2 back and not happy, focus is still not working!! How is this tested?????
Also noted all my setting where in the replacement drone, will they ever listen?? I asked them not to transfer.

There is however one more issue, the ID label on the craft is missing and it needs to be there for Transport Canada. drone is not legal to fly as is, can a ID label be sent to me a.s.a.p.??

What are the next step? When will my drone be fixed? Already been to Califonia 5 times.
CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME A NEW CINECORE, and I will fix it myself, SINCE REP. CENTRE SEEMS NOT TO BE CAPABLE!!

Missing label.jpg
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-12-21 15:04
DJI Mindy, DJI Thor.

Just recived my I2 back and not happy, focus is still not working!! How is this tested?????

Cougar, this is so frustrated to know the issue persists, per the case, the aircraft, RC, X5S Gimbal, Focus Wheel all have been replaced and the Cinecore License was not transferred as you requested.
Sorry that the label was missing, I will confirm with local team to verify and keep you updated soon, thanks for the patience.
2017-12-21
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-21 19:45
Cougar, this is so frustrated to know the issue persists, per the case, the aircraft, RC, X5S Gimbal, Focus Wheel all have been replaced and the Cinecore License was not transferred as you requested.
Sorry that the label was missing, I will confirm with local team to verify and keep you updated soon, thanks for the patience.

Dear Mindy,

Thank you for the responce, you have been very helpful and not your fault. But it has now been in 5 times and still not fixed!

I have 2 questions:

1. Why are all my camera settings as well as other settings, still in the drone, if they did not transfer anything??? I had a brand new copy of Go4 app on my iPad.

2. Why did they not test using all my gear that it actually worked, before sending it back??? The RC was not bound to the craft, and the lens was not callibrated so there where no way they could have tried the focus in manual Photo-mode using the Focus wheel.

Update: today I created a "dummy account" and logged into, after I first deleated all information in "file sharing" and then deleted the app. Downloaded new version of latest DJI Go4 app and logged in to the dummy account. All my settings where there, again profing that the settings are stored in the drone itself and not in the app.

A new case has been issued and the drone has to go for trip #6 for the same issue: CAS-1345445-K2W2D3
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-12-22 04:06
Dear Mindy,

Thank you for the responce, you have been very helpful and not your fault. But it has now been in 5 times and still not fixed!

Hi Cougar, I really have no idea what may cause the issue.
When you sent in last time, I have informed the local team to take care of your drone and replace the drone exactly as you requested in the case and I'm sure they did.
You didn't send in the 25 mm lens, did you? It would be great to send the lens in for analysis as well.
The issue has been escalated to our R&D engineers again, I'm waiting for their test and reply, I will keep you updated in time.
We apologize again for the unpleasant experience with us.
2017-12-27
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-27 05:52
When you sent in last time, I have informed the local team to take care of your drone and replace the drone exactly as you requested in the case and I'm sure they did.
You didn't send in the 25 mm lens, did you? It would be great to send the lens in for analysis as well.

Hi Mindy,
Yes every time the I2 has been sent back I have sent the 25mm lens along. It has nothing to do with the lens, I have tested with other 25mm lenses and it is the same.

I have also on several occasions used this particular lens, my gimbal, my RC, my focus wheel, my iPad and bound it to another I2 and everything is fine, so noting wrong with these items.

As you said the people at the repair centre followed my instructions to some degree, not all. The license for the Cinecore where not transferred but the software in the Cinecore modules where transferred!

From the beginning I have insisted, that the issue is with the transfer of corrupted software. I think the answer to the problem can be found by asking, how all my old settings are transferred to the replacement unit?
Every time it comes back, all my settings are still in the I2 itself (Camera settings as well as fight settings), and if no transfer of software has taken place it should not be there, it should be at factory settings. As per my previous post I even created a "dummy account", and the settings where there as well, so not any issue with the Go4app but rather the drone.

Somehow, somewhere along the course of the repair process the files/settings are being transferred.

The I2 is on it’s way back to the shop (for the 6’th time), and since it seems like the shop for whatever reason can’t physically test my unit by actually mounting the gimbal & lens to the I2, and using the RC and Focus hand-wheel using an iPad (I did not send my iPad) and try if it actually worked, adjusting in manual photo mode, before shipping back to me.

Spoke to Ed Windham, and he was kind of baffled as well, but he suggested that the I2 be shipped to him, after it was done at the shop. This way he can actually test it, and we can also compare via video link that it is indeed fixed this time, before sending it back to me.

2017-12-27
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-27 05:52

Hi Mindy,
Just want to update this LONG case: Just got my I2 back for the 5'th time and it now finally works.

A big thank you to all that helped out, Ed was instrumental with doing a video chat and test.

Finally all I need now to fly legally is the missing certification label on the side of the I2. Hope that will be sent a.s.a.p
Thanx.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-1-30 08:34
Hi Mindy,
Just want to update this LONG case: Just got my I2 back for the 5'th time and it now finally works.

I'm so so happy for you, such a great news today, you still haven't received the label? Is there we can do for you?
2018-1-30
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-30 21:18
I'm so so happy for you, such a great news today, you still haven't received the label? Is there we can do for you?

Thank you Mindy, yes indeed it is good news. Guess now if anything can be done to ensure the label is being shipped to me, so I can legally fly. Ed did say he requested one but not sure how that will go.
Without the label I am not legally permitted to fly.
2018-1-31
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-1-31 05:44
Thank you Mindy, yes indeed it is good news. Guess now if anything can be done to ensure the label is being shipped to me, so I can legally fly. Ed did say he requested one but not sure how that will go.
Without the label I am not legally permitted to fly.

Just another update, got my cert. label in the mail.
All is good, thank you to all.
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-2-11 07:04
Just another update, got my cert. label in the mail.
All is good, thank you to all.

Thank you for your update and glad to hear this. Should you have any further issues, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules