Should the Backpack seen on the DJI Promo videos be included with Professional?
12Next >
10356 76 2015-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PixelArtFilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372631 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do believe that if you promote a product that includes specific accessory seen in DJI Phantom 3 promotional videos and mention by Michael Perry that it should be honored. If you feel that that Michael Perry mispoke on this or anyone else then make your vote count.

If you would like to see Michael Perry video confirming the Pro with Backpack watch it below is the link.

Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 10.38.54 AM.png

The video below is from Heli Video Pro also showing the case with the product however no mention of the case being included.

Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 10.44.23 AM.png
Single SelectVote, Total 237 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-4-12
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Ive been trying to find info or place to purchase that hard case backpack but have had no luck.
2015-4-12
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Jerdel Posted at 2015-4-13 00:48
Ive been trying to find info or place to purchase that hard case backpack but have had no luck.

That's because it is not available yet.
2015-4-12
Use props
k00691
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I think if they said it and clearly its a real product then they should ship it with the professional.
2015-4-12
Use props
brettyoulten
New

Australia

Need a definite Yes or No on this. Im sorta holding off pre-order till this is confirmed. Have my doubts that it will be included though. No biggie
2015-4-12
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

brettyoulten@gm Posted at 2015-4-13 06:46
Need a definite Yes or No on this. Im sorta holding off pre-order till this is confirmed. Have my do ...

And if they say it is not included, are you going to pre-order?
2015-4-12
Use props
lauxchet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641148 ft
United States

i think the phantom is a a great deal. would i like the backpack yes but is it a deal breaker no.
2015-4-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

It has been confirmed by the PM that the answer is no.  The P3 Pro will not have a backpack.  
2015-4-12
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well Tahoe Ed we have a problem! We have some DJI Customer Service Members saying that it is included. I have an entire Chat Conversation with a employee reassuring me that my Pro is going to come with one. (I'm hoping its a SURPRISE and actually does) if not I'll have to bring up that Chat Dialog with someone.
2015-4-12
Use props
tabbe
lvl.2

Finland

Well, at the best you can cancel your order of P3 but you cannot demand them to give backpack to you.
2015-4-12
Use props
brettyoulten
New

Australia

vmp@carbon-egg. Posted at 2015-4-13 07:14
And if they say it is not included, are you going to pre-order?

Yep. Just wanted to be sure, distributors can get confused sometimes.
2015-4-13
Use props
lboria.me
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-13 11:19
It has been confirmed by the PM that the answer is no.  The P3 Pro will not have a backpack.

I can respect the decision the PM told you. Is it possible that the people that pre-order get a formal email from the PM stating this officially and maybe some explanation to the conflicting chat transcripts from others as well as the video showing Michael Perry stating it does comes with it. I can accept that if DJI wants to say he mispoke then they should do so.

Thank you for your response to this matter Tahoe_ED
2015-4-13
Use props
lboria.me
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The poll was to create a clear understanding on what happen in regards to backpack being mention as a included accessory by Michael Perry and how current and future purchasers of the Phantom 3 understood that statement. Could it be true or mis-interperted as a simple slip of the tongue.
2015-4-13
Use props
GunZenBomZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Now that I've seen a video stating it comes with a hard-case backpack, i expect a heavy discount or a free backpack case!

2015-4-13
Use props
GunZenBomZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

http://www.washingtonpost.com/bl ... t-you-need-to-know/

The only other difference is that the professional model comes with a backpack and a faster battery charger.

They confirm it comes with  backpack!
2015-4-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The answer is still no as of today on the revised P3 FAQ that I received this morning from DJI HQ.
2015-4-13
Use props
irrbloss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210669 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The first batch should at least come with a backpack (whishing - not fact).
2015-4-13
Use props
superdodoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 118422 ft
United States

Live Chat Costumer Representative also point out that Backpack is included in the PRO Model, so I'm confused if it's true or not, the reason why I'm not  ordering  yet.
2015-4-13
Use props
randywgreen
lvl.2

United States

I guess if it does not come with a backpack then that is not very good public relations coming from the companies own PR manager.
2015-4-13
Use props
Dmurph24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567293 ft
United States

It will not be included. The costumer reps dont know much.
2015-4-13
Use props
capkodak
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-13 22:17
The answer is still no as of today on the revised P3 FAQ that I received this morning from DJI HQ.

I just ordered through pre-order, not realizing that there is still not enough clarity on the backpack being included or not. It is my understanding and reason for pre-order that the backpack is included based on the Washington post article stating, "The only other difference is that the professional model comes with a backpack and a faster battery charger." and the video from Michael Perry clearly stating that the backpack is INCLUDED.

If the backpack is NOT included and I can get a confirmation, I would like to cancel my pre-order. I can wait for this to come on ebay or amazon where dealers give you plenty of combination offers including extra batteries or a backpack.   

I don't see any incentive for a PRE-ORDER!  I don't think consumers are in buying frenzy like for iphones when they first came out. So, they can definitely wait.

What I don't understand is as to why is it so difficult for DJI to either apologize for miss communication or confirm backpack with Phantom 3 Professional....  Can I get a
confirmation from someone up in the Senior Management at DJI...?
2015-4-13
Use props
frank2001
New

United Kingdom

Yes i have pre ordered the professional P3 from dji expecting a backpack for people that pre order and now its turning into a big fiasco all over the internet,some people are saying you won't be getting a backpack now while some are saying you will, is this a joke? whats going on. Im getting in touch with sales this is pathetic.
2015-4-13
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

The backpack is confirmed to be included with the Professional version by Michael Perry himself.

skip to 4:05 ish
2015-4-13
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

lboria.me Posted at 2015-4-13 19:51
The poll was to create a clear understanding on what happen in regards to backpack being mention as  ...

I think that DJI should honor what Michael Perry has said in that interview, and include the backpack with the professional version.
2015-4-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

His comments were before the final specs were set.  I am sorry but as has been posted on our website and on the FAQ's the backpack will not be include.
2015-4-13
Use props
skymaster
lvl.2

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-14 14:47
His comments were before the final specs were set.  I am sorry but as has been posted on our website ...

Well that just sucks. ordering the pro and hearing that the pro got the bag was what made my pull my MasterCard.
2015-4-13
Use props
DIR_CHASE
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

His comments were before the final specs were set.  I am sorry but as has been posted on our website ...

Can you provide a link to the FAQ that has the information for those coming to this thread to see instead of looking for it. Thanks
2015-4-14
Use props
GunZenBomZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well, I'm going to hold off pre-ordering until a decent (50%)  discount is announced for the back-pack too anyone who P/O. It's a must have item for the kit to  live within when out & about.
2015-4-14
Use props
capkodak
lvl.1

United States

Can you please provide a link for it in FAQ. Also, how do i go about cancelling my pre-order. Please advise. Order No. 001116568079. Please reply back soon. thanks
2015-4-14
Use props
DIR_CHASE
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Also base on your report from the PM are you allowed to provide any information that the backpack shown in promo videos would be available as a separate purchase on the DJI store if at all or was the backpack shown just for promotional purpose only sent to selected tester for the Phantom 3

Thanks,
TAHOE_ED
2015-4-14
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

A backpack like the ones shown will be available as an option.
2015-4-14
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-4-14 23:49
A backpack like the ones shown will be available as an option.

Where is your evidence Blade? Seems to be so much confusion on this one. I've watched the second film posted by PixelArtFilms.

My thoughts are that the Phantoms these people received we're press packs more than anything and the actual release out to consumers wont include the backpack. But i'm only saying this as i've pre-ordered and don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't include it.
2015-4-14
Use props
Dmurph24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567293 ft
United States

tjrchampion Posted at 2015-4-15 00:41
Where is your evidence Blade? Seems to be so much confusion on this one. I've watched the second f ...

He said "as an option" meaning that it will be available standalone in the store soon.
2015-4-14
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ahhhhh sorry! right so not available with the pro then. Sorry I read that wrong.
2015-4-14
Use props
capkodak
lvl.1

United States

capkodak Posted at 2015-4-14 21:52
Can you please provide a link for it in FAQ. Also, how do i go about cancelling my pre-order. Plea ...

Tahoe_Ed,

here is your post from a different thread, clearly mentioning that you personally have a P3 Advanced and other than having a backpack with P3 Proffesional, you wouldn't care much for it. Why are you misleading DJI's customers in the forum. One day backpack is included and the next day it's not. I have to say, I am extremely disappointing in DJI's marketing and customer service. I have asked you a few times now, can you please cancel my pre-order Order No. 001116568079.  Please contact me at capkodak@gmail.com. Can I get a reply from anyone out there at DJi.................!!!!!!!!!

Tahoe_Ed

2015-4-9 03:58

accounts@hill.s Posted at 2015-4-9 03:26
    Oh. You're one of /those/ sort of companies. That's sad.
    You admit trying really hard to hide the in ...

I am sorry for your response.  What would you have us do.  Disclose our production plans to our competitors before they are set??  Many may be disappointed.  They can probably return their P2's.  If not the P2 is a great craft and will meet most users needs.  How ofter do you got beyond LOS?  Do you really need 4K?  I have a P3 Advanced.  I do not need 4K and my MacBook Pro does not handle the 4K files well.  Other than the backpack, I am happy with the Advanced.  I really want the backpack.  
2015-4-14
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

capkodak Posted at 2015-4-15 03:50
Tahoe_Ed,

here is your post from a different thread, clearly mentioning that you personally have  ...

It seems to me like Tahoe_Ed was just as confused as we were about this when he made that comment. But now that he has received feedback stating that there will be no backpack, he has corrected himself.

While I would love to have the backpack for free, I never saw the backpack included in the "In the box" page of the P3. For the Inspire 1, their "In the box" shows that a case is included.

At this point, I only see people getting a backpack if there are enough complaints and DJI gives in. But since they never had it posted on the page where people had to go to in order to make the purchase, I think that we are going to lose that battle.
2015-4-14
Use props
Jpw1784
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1913 ft
  • >>>
United States

vmp@carbon-egg. Posted at 2015-4-15 08:02
It seems to me like Tahoe_Ed was just as confused as we were about this when he made that comment. ...

True it does not state it as in the box. Either option whether it is Pro or Advanced with the extra battery does not state that it has an extra battery "x2" but only "x1".  The only thing that I'll say is that there are "Truths in Advertising" (link to follow). He had said the difference between the two versions was the 4k camera and a backpack if I am not mistaken. He advertised the product as such, and if anyone at all had placed an order for the Professional over the advanced because of his "advertising" the backpack then they should follow through. Here is the link:  https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/truth-advertising
BTW I am not referring to Tahoe_Ed I am referring to Michael Perry in the video above.
2015-4-14
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

My goodness- drone consumers have become a bunch of dogs at the ready to rip anyone apart!

Since when is a youtube quick video or even a misunderstanding by an employee "advertising"?

They could surely have included it and sold the machine for $1450.
Did Mr. Perry mention the exact retail price including shipping with the backpack??

You folks all act like "gotcha". The word is the backpack is NOT included. If you don't want your birds, cancel your orders...I'll get mine sooner. But stop pouncing on these guys as if you own them....

Just think for one minute. First of all, neither Mr. Perry nor Ed nor anyone else you normally speak to is in the final loops as far as pricing and the entire project. They are mouthpieces, employees, etc.

Secondly, they have been working day-in and day-out to get a launch going. We have no idea if Mr Perry slept the night before, if he just got off a 12 hour red-eye flight or what type of pressures he is under.

Yet you folks seem to think that if someone stutters or tries to get a word in on an edited youtube clip...in an interview....or, if final details are not yet set in stone, that means it's YOUR JOB to try to screw the company as much as possible.

Just about everyone has agreed DJI brought the new model in at unheard of price/performance. Why not applaud that with either your order....or by not causing them more work and grief by ganging up on them.

Over and out. Wow.....talk about chitting where you eat. I would hate to lose my wallet around you folks because you would declare "well, it's money and he left it here" and go spend it.
2015-4-14
Use props
Jpw1784
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1913 ft
  • >>>
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-4-15 09:33
My goodness- drone consumers have become a bunch of dogs at the ready to rip anyone apart!

Since wh ...

It really doesn't matter to me whether or not I get a backpack with it. I have to get one anyways. If someone in my company tells someone that they are getting something with their order then they will get it or some other discount if it wasn't true. No matter, I am not personally trying to get something for nothing. Just stating the fact about truths in advertising, if they made a mistake no big deal. Companies do it all the time and when it is released we will know for sure. Anyways we all have spent some cash on this and if you can't afford the P3 without the backpack for free maybe you shouldn't be buying the P3 in the first place.
2015-4-14
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stuff lets lost in translation, in whisper down the lane and in chains of command.

As far as truth in advertising, it's like any other law or code - if anyone want to hire a lawyer, go to court, force the issue and spend incredible amounts of time and money, that's their prerogative. If I were judge I'd laugh this case right out of court!

I occasionally get checks in the mail for $12 from some lawsuit a bunch of lawyers filed against a company - when I look at the settlements I see the lawyers get 3 million dollars and each customer gets $12.

It's important to remember this also - if a bunch of people get something "free", where does the money come from? It comes from me and other DJI consumers. So folks that want free stuff and that take up hours of time hassling DJI and their employees are a "tax" on all the others (the vast majority) who do not.

So be it. But I like the tax to be small so I get the most quad for my money....speaking of which, I just ordered a P3....and no backpack.
2015-4-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules