Should the Backpack seen on the DJI Promo videos be included with Professional?
10361 76 2015-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lauxchet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641148 ft
United States

lol you guys gotta be kidding me i never saw a packpack in the whats in the box section.who cares what you herd someone say ive always said  believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
2015-4-14
Use props
capkodak
lvl.1

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-4-15 09:33
My goodness- drone consumers have become a bunch of dogs at the ready to rip anyone apart!

Since wh ...

I guess I wasn't clear enough explaining the issue. How would you have felt when you ordered your latest Iphone 6, which was advertised with a finger print scanner on the home button to unlock at the Apple launch event where the spokes person for Apple went through all the bells and whistles that came with the new model. Based on that you went ahead and pre-ordered your iphone 6. Now that you have ordered, you are told that there is no such feature or functionality in the new version. Maybe your decision was solely based on this new feature/convenience which made you order a new phone and let go of your existing iphone 5 in use. $1300 is not a small amount of money, keep that in mind. Majority of the customer population would agree that it's not just some pocket change.

I understand that companies make mistakes and they take actions to fix them too. I have not seen any action being taken to fix it. At least give customers a choice to cancel their pre-order. I have repeatedly asked for cancellation in my previous posts. No response as usual. It is not just to convince a customer to buy a product based on the features and convenience of the product and then exclude that from the final purchase. It is in simple ENGLISH not fair business practice.
2015-4-15
Use props
Fingerlaker
lvl.2

United States

I canceled my order for the P3 Pro this morning. The 4k camera and 100w charger is nice, but more than I really need. I was led to believe the Pro model came with a backpack, which is what made the package of  value to me. A carrying case of some sort would be a "must have". Initially, I thought I'd just (re)order an Advanced model, but now I'm also taking a hard look at the 3DR Solo
2015-4-15
Use props
capkodak
lvl.1

United States

And it's not a question of if the lawsuit will happen. It's more like when it will happen. Lawyers love such cases where the evidence is out in the media and the cost to the public is NULL. Lawsuits based on contingency are very common and popular in such scenarios . Remember, for America to be a competitive and trustworthy, companies and people have to be accountable. Or else you'll end up in Enron, Worldcom, Tyco etc. era where fraud and greed ruled naive consumers.

Michael Perry is the spokesperson for DJI. Is he not? If he so openly acknowledged that the backpack is included with the purchase in the initial launch, then it will have to be. Or else Dji is deceiving consumer, especially the one who were half decided on buying another unit and backpack was a contributing factor towards the new purchase. I mean  this is not an astronomical financial distress for DJI. It probably cost them $25-$35 to get them made in China. Even if they sell 100,000 units in pre-sales, that equates to $250,000-$350,000. Now evaluate the positive impact on the customers and new build confidence level. There is already immense negativism towards customer service, both pre and after sale. This could actually work in their favor if they decide to put aside greed. And they can make it a pre-order deal ONLY!

@ droneflyers.com-   

You must be affluent financially. Modesty goes a long way. $12 checks that you get might not be much for you, but in some states that equates to couple of hours non-skilled labor pay. Also, it not "gotcha" as you described, it has more to do with principals and accountability.
2015-4-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

capkodak Posted at 2015-4-15 03:50
Tahoe_Ed,

here is your post from a different thread, clearly mentioning that you personally have  ...

I cannot cancel your order.   Only sales can do that.  My function is forum support.  
2015-4-15
Use props
Jpw1784
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1913 ft
  • >>>
United States

lauxchet@yahoo. Posted at 2015-4-15 10:38
lol you guys gotta be kidding me i never saw a packpack in the whats in the box section.who cares wh ...

Many people keep talking about how it does not say the backpack is not included in the "In The Box" section. Even the "In The Box" section for either the Professional or Advanced with extra battery, still only says "1" battery in the box and nothing about another battery. That's because it is referring to what's in the actual Phantom 3 box, not the shipped box.

Furthermore I do believe it would go along way with them honoring it with the preorders. If they don't oh well, I actually ordered not knowing anything about a backpack. Many business have chose to honor or not honor pricing errors, free product errors, so on and so forth. Here is a pretty good article about that. If DJI decides to honor it many people would be happy and it would go to help their reputation.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/c ... -mistake-73117.html
2015-4-15
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

anyone noticed the "in the box" section for the P3P isn't there anymore?
2015-4-15
Use props
Dmurph24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567293 ft
United States

tjrchampion Posted at 2015-4-16 02:06
anyone noticed the "in the box" section for the P3P isn't there anymore?

It's only not there for the bundle. I believe it was always like this.
2015-4-15
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

thought something was going on for a moment there!
2015-4-15
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Jpw1784 Posted at 2015-4-16 01:59
Many people keep talking about how it does not say the backpack is not included in the "In The Box ...

It may say one battery, but you do see that you are purchasing a P3 with an extra battery when you add it to the cart.  It says it one the name of the product that you are ordering.

Also, the "In the box" statement you made is not accurate. Look at the "In the box" of the inspire 1. It does list the case that it comes in. You are thinking what is "literally" in the box.

If that was the case, then the P3 should say "Phantom 3 with extra battery and backpack" OR "Phantom 3 with backpack".
2015-4-15
Use props
Deerstalker
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Have to agree with drone flyers. Been on a couple of forums for a year and every time I was thinking of ordering a phantom a new upgrade would come out,then winter so it's wait till better weather,then great news phantom 3 ..better camera ,gimbal, motors, gps lightbridge,can take I pad,then you have the app for everything for camera and video etc. a year ago the lightbridge alone was £1,000. So I just wish you would stop going on about a ------ free backpack which you can probably get for £50. Have ordered and well pleased with price and we pay 1,239 for 4 k model in UK. Safe flying every one.
2015-4-15
Use props
Alex4891
lvl.1

United States

I wouldn't be surprised if the first backpack for the P3, changes or feet improved on within the first 4 months of the products launch. but guys please keep in mind that it's hes job to upswell the product as much as possible.
2015-4-15
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

BTW, I've used the box the Phantoms come in for carrying in on airplanes, shipping it to other places to fly, etc.
A hard case (generic) cost me $40 on sale.
I also have a great backpack - it consists of one heavy-duty removable zip tie which I use to strap the upside down phantom to the back of my little camera backpack. I've traveled many a mile with it on my bike.
As far as being "a man of means" - I've done OK...worked for 43 years and started out at $4 an hour. I banged nails for $5 an hour. I know what a dollar is worth, but I will tell you what it's NOT worth. It's never worth making an arse of oneself over. It's never worth trying to extract from people when it wasn't really part of the deal.

Those are my principles...others have differing ones. Remember, principles are subject to change as one learns. I've been on the other side of that equation - an importer, manufacturer, retailer, etc.

I thought the same thing back then. I always lamented that the arses often ended up getting something for their troubles (although never worth the price and time), while the regular "principled" people ended up with nothing "extra".

In my book consumers have two choices here. One is to consider the Phantoms an excellent value for the $$ and order one or keep an order. The other is to cancel their order. The third option of "I am going to yap and complain all over the interweb" is childish, IMHO.
2015-4-16
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-4-17 04:28
BTW, I've used the box the Phantoms come in for carrying in on airplanes, shipping it to other place ...

Couldn't agree more!  I'm reading all these people that have ordered the P3 via DJI and then cancelling the order ONLY because they're reading about other people's horror stories dealing with DJI's support line, etc.  Why would you do this??  You've placed an order for something YOU wanted because DJI make fantastic products, but then decide to go through a dealer (for the same product anyway).  Doesn't make sense to me!  In the end DJI are getting their money no matter WHO you buy through (Amazon, etc) as they are the ones making the product, not Amazon or whoever you decide to buy through.

If you want a great quality backpack for your new P3, there are SO many places you can buy them from online - why should it come directly from DJI??  
2015-4-16
Use props
capkodak
lvl.1

United States

john.lambert4@o Posted at 2015-4-17 07:59
Couldn't agree more!  I'm reading all these people that have ordered the P3 via DJI and then cance ...

@john.lambert4

Dji customer service is horrible. They don't seem to care. You will see it for yourself, once you have to reach out to deal with an issue. I cancelled my pre-order with Dji and purchased it on Amazon. Amazon offered me different discounts where I actually saved money and they bumped me up to next day shipping for free. Also, they offer a protection plan which covers 100% of damage. Dji does not. Sometime it makes more sense to go with a dealer when the manufacturer is not a reliable source. Simple supply chain economics.

Also, Amazon being a dealer get a discounted product. That's how they make money. If people buy from dealers instead of Dji directly, it eats into Dji's profit because of the middle man. So it does impact Dji if the customer buys from them directly or from a dealer. From what it seems like, Dji would rather loose on commission and let dealers deal with customers. Dji is not customer focused at this point. Don't know if they ever have been.

Backpack issue is a simply misleading communication from Dji's spokes person, Michael Perry. He stated that the backpack is included and now Dji support is denying the free backpack. For some customers, this was a tipping point to go in for a upgrade or simply buying professional vs advanced. If you read the threads you would have figured it out. I sincerely hope that your comment in favor Dji support is genuine and not a fake ID from Dji's support staff.
2015-4-17
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

capkodak Posted at 2015-4-17 23:53
@john.lambert4

Dji customer service is horrible. They don't seem to care. You will see it for you ...

The protection plan I am seeing in Amazon says it is for the camera/camcorder. Does that cover the entire drone or just the camera?
2015-4-17
Use props
capkodak
lvl.1

United States

vmp Posted at 2015-4-18 00:26
The protection plan I am seeing in Amazon says it is for the camera/camcorder. Does that cover the ...

this a customer review.

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5Great deal - covered my DJI phantom vision 2+
Bycmaon August 1, 2014
awesome!
When the offer to buy the crash protection for a quad copter showed up a check out, I kind of chuckled...... 3 year crash protection for $70. I figured it would be worth a shot. So, I bought this a the same time that I bought the DJI Phantom vision 2+ with integrated camera.
Two weeks later, I crashed the Phantom (not my fault of course) and broke the camera in two pieces and tore the ribbon cable between the camera and the gimbal.

I filed a claim with Smart Guard and after about 2 weeks I received a check for the full purchase amount (over $1,300.00).
The whole process was easy and pleasant. I kept expecting them to try to throw road blocks in my way, but that never happened.
__
I liked it so much, I bought a NEW plan when I bought my replacement Phantom V2+
2015-4-17
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

capkodak Posted at 2015-4-18 00:31
this a customer review.

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful

Did you see this one? Apparently they don't cover phantoms anymore. Read the last two sentences. It was posted on April 17th of this year.

5Customer Service is Amazing! Thanks Michael!
ByD. Moorheadon April 17, 2015
Verified Purchase
I cannot speak to the quality of the warranty, but my review is on the fantastic customer support I received. I purchased this plan in conjunction with a pre-order of the Phantom 3. The warranty was advertised (or mapped as I later learned it was called) with the Phantom 3 and the reviews seemed to support that they would repair it if a problem occurred with the camera. In reading the reviews, I read several responses to many of the reviews from Michael Nueman, a senior account manager for Warrantech, the company that offers the Smart Guard warranty protection. In one response, he even gave his email address. I found myself with a question about the service (specifically, I wanted to make sure the warranty did not require that I register my unit by a certain time, since this was a pre-order) and wrote Michael an email at 8:20 pm. Within 20 minutes I received a personal response from Michael. The bad news was he informed me that the warranty no longer services Phantoms or any other copter (drone). He was very polite, apologetic and offered a refund.
2015-4-17
Use props
capkodak
lvl.1

United States

vmp Posted at 2015-4-18 01:06
Did you see this one? Apparently they don't cover phantoms anymore. Read the last two sentences. It ...

That's could be the case. I am sure I'll get a refund too. This is a perfect example of how other companies communicate. I wish Dji would pickup on these etiquettes a little. Afterall, how to they intend to be a market leader if their core competency doesn't include customer satisfaction.
2015-4-17
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Those warranty reviews from a long time ago are not valid. There have been threads here and elsewhere about these.....no company in their right mind could afford to cover the P2V+ for less than about $200 per year - and even then it could be difficult.

There is one warranty worth having IMHO. That's the $249 per year Gold program from uavrepairshop:
http://www.uavrepairshop.com/
( I think it's someone else who actually sells the warranty, but that shop does all the fixing. It included freight both ways)....

I was driving around looking at billboards today and thinking about this "truth in advertising" stuff. I think some of you folks could make millions suing the churches and preachers who are promising us all stuff is we do this and that. They are doing so in writing as well as verbally. They specifically say they GUARANTEE it all. Prosperity Preaching is a entire niche.  As anyone with sense knows, it is all lies. Complete and utter lies. Yet these billion dollar organizations pull money from people.....

If the "free backpack" was clearly stated a number of times and is in writing as well as more general videos - and was done after the price of the bird was set - then I'm wrong and I apologize. But if it was mostly the tail end of some unscripted video which was one of a vast number of such media pieces and reports, then I stand by my opinion. Mr. Perry is a PR guy. If PR guys were held to every piece of marketing speak or slip up they made,  it would be a crazy world.

In fact, is we are to take PR people at their word, we'd believe Colin that the new Solo is "the first smart drone" ever made....as well as many other of his claims. "3DR Solo: The World's First Smart Drone Announced" - wow, that's amazing. It's the first drone with an onboard computer, right?

Well, my old AR Drone 1.0 had a computer onboard.......quick, someone call the FTC and get these lies taken care of "on principle".

I have absolutely no relation to DJI except as a independent writer who covers their products as well as all the others....but as a business guy, I just hate all this "you owe me" stuff going around these days. Asking for improved customer service in the long run is one thing - but jumping on companies and not considering that "they are people too" is yet another.

If someone is really unhappy, write a nice letter that they can actually read...to the right people (maybe even the founder)...but yapping 24/7 on their property (this board) just seems overkill to me. It is what it is, so move on....whether it's "right" or "wrong" in your opinion.
2015-4-17
Use props
capkodak
lvl.1

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-4-18 02:10
Those warranty reviews from a long time ago are not valid. There have been threads here and elsewher ...

not going to entertain you. Sorry. I don't think you're quite grasping the issue here. this is an open discussion board and there is no such thing as yapping when customer is spending money. don't follow the thread if this bothers you. I have read your comments on other threads, all pointing to "you are right, everyone else is just simply DUMB!"   Go entertain your ego somewhere else. I am not polite.
2015-4-17
Use props
dennisrogers.ih
lvl.1

New Zealand

I cannot believe there are some here moaning if they don't get the backpack they want to cancel. There are better backpacks, and if it is like the inspire case it will be rubbish. The inspire case, the hand breaks, so don't expect the back pack to be good quality at all, so no big deal if I get it, or not, would rather invest in a decent backpack. I would not worry guys, you won't be missing much and won't be good quality if your getting it at all.
2015-4-17
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

a closer look to the DJI backpack and one of the best Phantom 3 demos, as it shows how smooth it operates in tight spaces. Really nice flying skills, seriously thinking to add a Phantom 3 to my gear, mostly for indoor shots, as I am very satisfied with my Inspire for the rest of my aerial filming.
Enjoy the video

2015-4-18
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

RE: Should the Backpack seen on the DJI Promo videos be included with Profess...

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-4-17 04:28
BTW, I've used the box the Phantoms come in for carrying in on airplanes, shipping it to other place ...

Thankyou for this post, Im going to the US in late may and hoping to make some savings on my first ever drone (compared to UK pricing). I was wondering whether or not i would be ok bringing it back through customs in its original box with it being pretty large.
I guess my other option would be to buy a hardcase and travel with that instead but if the size of the original box isnt an issue i wont bother - Adam
2015-4-18
Use props
jeff.wyman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3194669 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe it may be included.  See DJI press release in the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/bl ... t-you-need-to-know/
2015-4-19
Use props
Hornet22
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Lightbridge, sonar positioning, 4k camera or 1080p @ 60fps, basically a mini Inspire for just over £1200. Not cheap but great value for such a product and people are crying for MORE. The Phantom 3 could have been launched for an additional £300 and I bet most of you would still have purchased it. All this pre launch waiting is clearly driving people nuts ; )
2015-4-20
Use props
dji
lvl.1

United States

capkodak Posted at 2015-4-15 23:39
And it's not a question of if the lawsuit will happen. It's more like when it will happen. Lawyers l ...

There won't be a lawsuit.
1. DJI doesn't have to do anything based on what Michael Perry said in a Youtube video.
2. A youtube video not published by DJI does not constitute an advertisement.
3. A Washington Post article is not an advertisement nor the gospel, and at this point, it's dated information and has been overruled by other information.
4. When orders were placed, there was no indication on the product page that a backpack was included. Caveat emptor.
5. The majority of people who ordered have no idea about this "scandal." DJI isn't going to lose a few hundred thousand dollars to placate a handful of online complainers when most don't know or care.

DJI apparently has horrible communication issues, internal and external. DJI spokespeople Perry and NAB booth representatives appear to be very ill informed. I don't think it's on purpose or with malice. My guess, they rushed the PR on the Phantom 3 to grab NAB hype. In rushing, they didn't get their talking points straight or even issued. For an event like this product launch and the NAB show, everyone who speaks to the media should be working off the same talking points document to keep people from speaking out of turn.
2015-4-21
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

capkodak Posted at 2015-4-17 23:53
@john.lambert4

Dji customer service is horrible. They don't seem to care. You will see it for you ...

Definitely don't work for DJI mate! lol.  I'm in Australia, so I'm hoping there's no difference with the models being shipped in the US compared to here (ie. FCC vs CE rules).  

I purchased my Phantom 2 Vision through a local dealer here, not directly from DJI.  I have gone directly to DJI in the hope I'll receive the P3 faster than ordering it locally, albeit maybe at a slightly higher price.  Fingers crossed I have no issues!!  :-)
2015-4-21
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

dji@monocello.c Posted at 2015-4-22 06:14
There won't be a lawsuit. Snip.....
DJI apparently has horrible communication issues, internal and external.

My concern as a consumer. Is that they do have horrible communication skills.  I've seen many people respond to this in complaint.  Happens to customers and is happening internally at your company.   My hope, is that if I have a problem with my P3, I won't have such a challenge getting service for it.
2015-4-28
Use props
rami
lvl.1

United States

I just personally feel that if the backpack was included, it would have been clearly stated at the point of purchase and in your invoice. My invoice clearly says "hantom 3 Professional with Extra Battery" not "hantom 3 Professional with Extra Battery and backpack". What Mr. Perry said is irrelevant. Having said that, a small discount to all who pre-ordered would be most welcome!

I can't wait for the backpack to be available for purchase though! Thanks DJI for all your hard work.
2015-4-28
Use props
CJinNJ
lvl.1

United States

Wondering how much sooner I'll get my P3 if everyone who is upset about no backpack cancels their order...
2015-4-29
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This thread was starting to sound like a Dora the Explorer episode .. Backpack Backpack, Backpack Backpack...

True communication could be improved, but people cancelling orders because "no backpack" seems silly...  sure didn't stop me walking into a shop last weekend and buying one.

Not only that, but their apparently out of stock on the backpacks and there's enough people crying about their order being delayed due to 2nd battery hold ups ... would you really want to wait longer, just for backpack ?

I'd rather have it in my hot little hands and be out flying. Backpack can come later
2015-5-20
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

My 2 cents,  I'm a man of my word and I do what I say I will if I end up regretting it or not,  I pay the price of my big mouth and remember to shut up in the future.. that is how things should be.  The guy said it and it should be honored...  but i also understand people make mistakes and shi+ happens.  But if that is the case then the guy that said what ever isn't being honored should at least make a 2 min video saying he made the mistake and apologize and and what not.  But to say something and then not do it and hide and let people who aren't him try to clarify anything is just wrong.

But the p3 is still got a good price,  is bad a$$ and they offer 24-7 support..  so i don't mind just buying the cade
Case
2015-5-20
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

capkodak Posted at 2015-4-18 02:32
not going to entertain you. Sorry. I don't think you're quite grasping the issue here. this is an  ...

Well, lordy lordy.....I have a stalker.

First he tells me about my giant ego...THEN he feels that it is important for HIM to publicly tell me how He and that he's not polite nor going to entertain me!

Captain....I don't need your entertaining nor your snide comments. If you don't want to read my posts then don't read them...but clogging up a board with how YOU feel is just....well, a bit of ego showing through. Your feelings and lack of politeness are best kept to yourself as opposed to showered on the masses.
2015-5-21
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-22 05:11
Well, lordy lordy.....I have a stalker.

First he tells me about my giant ego...THEN he feels that ...

It is a shame that it does not come with the backpack. But is is still a great deal.

The DJI Hardshell backpack has been for sale here.

-
Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, intelligent DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out
2015-5-22
Use props
fiskld
lvl.2

United States

I'm a happy customer. If they included the backpack you would definitely be paying more.
2015-5-22
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

mani Posted at 2015-4-18 20:24
a closer look to the DJI backpack and one of the best Phantom 3 demos, as it shows how smooth it ope ...

No jello effect
2015-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules