Pilot App for the P3
1618 4 2015-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harvey
lvl.1

United States

I downloaded the inspire pilot app, but it does not match the app pictured in DJI's site photo. I read somewhere this was the app that will be used for the P3. I cannot find much info on this. I want to familiarize myself with it before the new P3 arrives on my doorstep. I wish DJI would make this clear and provide a RG code on the P3 page. What's with all the mystery?
2015-4-12
Use props
irrbloss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210669 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The app should be the same for the Inspire 1 and the P3. The app will detect which type of craft you're using and changes the UI accordingly. It could also be that the P3-compatible update is not yet released on App Store. There's still a few weeks until the P3 is officially released.
2015-4-12
Use props
harvey
lvl.1

United States

irrbloss thank you for the intel. Looking forward to more from DJI in terms of the P3. I've sent this question off to DJI customer support. Waiting for reply and when I do receive an answer from them I will post it on this chain.
2015-4-12
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.2

Hong Kong

harvey Posted at 2015-4-13 03:27
irrbloss thank you for the intel. Looking forward to more from DJI in terms of the P3. I've sent thi ...

Havery, P3 and Inspire 1 share the same DJI Pilot app engine. The app will automatically detect which of the model has been connected to the remote control then subsequently switch to the corresponding GUI. Hope this info. is helpful to you. Contact me via the forum, should you require any further assistance.
2015-4-12
Use props
harvey
lvl.1

United States

harvey Posted at 2015-4-13 03:27
irrbloss thank you for the intel. Looking forward to more from DJI in terms of the P3. I've sent thi ...

This is the answer from DJI support.....

Apr 13, 08:25

Harvey,

As the Phantom 3 is not a product that has been released, the DJI Pilot app has not updated to incorporate changes reflected in videos and promotional material. The app functions nearly the same, so using the DJI Pilot app now will help you understand the basic functions when the Phantom 3 is released.

DJI Customer Service Manager, North American Facility
2015-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules