6545 35 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MatthieuL
New
Flight distance : 31302 ft
France

Hello,

I did not used my P4 for a while and after turning-on, it proposed the v02.00/0106 update which I did through DJI Assistant 2 (100% sucessfull).
I could complete sucessfully but no update for the RC was proposed.

Now, when I turn on both devices, the RC keep blinking red/green and the video display on my iPhone (latest Go App), is incorrect either black or green or partial video.
I did not try to fly.

So maybe the RC does not have the right firmware update (v1.9.2.0 or v1.9.3.0) but I don't know how to get it done as it is not propose to me.
- I tried the long press on the Go APP--> Nothing
- When I plugg it to DJI Assistant 2, I have the message Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry

I don't know how the update of the RC can be done?

2017-11-19
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Reset the firmware and fly without updating.
2017-11-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The RC should be at V1.9.3. If not you could update as follows :-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a few seconds to appear). If it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC.
2017-11-19
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190745 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem here is how I solved this issue:-

1) Install DJI GO 3 app from Apps store, launch app (at this time P4 is off until I say)
2) Select P3 Pro as aircraft (SE and Standard are wifi, not sure if this would make a difference), using the 3 dashes at the top right of the app press and hold for 10s or so. A new screen appears showing suggested current firmware of RC. Scroll down to firmware 1.6.0 select "Firmware Refresh". Wait for it to install then close the app and shut off RC.
3) Reboot RC, after a few minutes on shut off RC (not sure if this is really required, but it seemed right)
4) Open up DJI GO 3, Select P3 Pro and press camera (have the lightning cable connected to RC and iPad/iPhone).  I had over 50% charge on my RC (btw)
5) Once in main screen with telemetry info wait a few minutes and press the Left upper area just next to the DJI logo saying "No xxxxxx connected " in red, this will take you to the Aircraft setup screen.
6) There you will see a warning message triangle, press this area and it suggests upgrading the firmware as you have 1.6.0 installed and the latest is 1.9.3
7) This started the firmware download and then with lots of beeps and blue flashing light the upgrade was a success !!!!!
8) On completion it will tell you to reboot the RC.  At the same time I closed off the DJ GO 3 app.
9) Reboot the RC again. Mine complained at low battery so I did a second reboot and 3 white LED battery level lights came up as well as the RED LED indicating no aircraft bound.
10) Turned on P4 and launched DJI GO 4 app and BANG.... full signals on RC and Video feeds and NO flashing red/green led any more just solid green.  So fingers crossed for her maiden flight tomorrow ( double fingers crossed)

I hope this helps others; note the DJI GO 4 apps does the same if you hold the 3 dashed lines for 10s or more.  I did not try this route to roll back the firmware on the RC.
2017-11-26
Use props
BParsons
lvl.1
United States

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-11-26 11:54

1) Install DJI GO 3 app from Apps store, launch app (at this time P4 is off until I say)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! THIS WORKS!!!
2017-11-30
Use props
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

Hi Skyguy, I was having all the issues others were having and then I read your message and thought "what the hell". So I tried and followed each and every step in order and I was able to get the drone past 55% hookup all the way to 100% but it did not give me any message, saying update complete. The RC was flashing red/green continuously and I left it on of a long time maybe 30mins while all the time I have a desktop fan blowing on both RC and drone. I finally turned it off thinking I will not get any message and rebooted all and tried to connect. Now the RC will not connect to the drone, when I do the long hold on in the dji go 4 app, the message comes up Product: Unknown Current version: Unknown Rollback not support (in red). I enter the camera screen on the connected ipad air 2 and its totally blank, no data, no messages except in the top left next to dji it has Disconnected. It is as if the RC has been wiped of all firmware and now does not talk with the drone. I have tried to link the RC to the drone and that process seems to work and confirms the link but then no RC info comes up in the about info. I cannot undo what I have just done now as it wont allow me. Is there any way back? or is there a way to refresh or update the RC via other means? thanks Whatarat
2017-12-2
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Whatarat,  The method I found was for updating the RC (Radio Control) and not the aircraft.  If by Drone you are meaning the aircraft the best method for me to get the aircraft updated was via the Assistant 2 app (which I run on my iMac).  I did get a couple of failed attempts using this s/w tool but on the 3rd time I managed to get the machine to successfully accept the latest firmware.  BTW my aircraft was brand new and just out of the box, all it's forced updates did not complete successfully via the DJI GO 4 app. I don't recall the exact steps, I did do a factory reset within the Assistant 2 and then a firmware refresh.  

The method mentioned in this thread is for an RC firmware reload for my P4 standard, I had the aircraft <OFF> during the roll back process as well as the firmware update only after the RC had completed it updates did i turn the Aircraft <ON>.  I felt with the aircraft <OFF> the RC would stand a chance to recognise it was out of date.

Also the step for other DJI aircraft might not be the same or work, so you might want to speak to DJI support further.
2017-12-3
Use props
fans267ad435
New
Flight distance : 233517 ft
United States

RE: P4 - v02.00.0106 - RC blinking green/red

Skyguy this is working so far but I’m lost on step 4...... “press camera”

Please explain
2017-12-3
Use props
fans267ad435
New
United States

fans267ad435 Posted at 2017-12-3 07:13
Skyguy this is working so far but I’m lost on step 4...... “press camera”

Please explain

Finally after a number or tries in and out I cycled the AC and then when back in and the camera button option was there. This fixed worked 100% and I am back in business. Thanks for the detailed process skyguy .
2017-12-3
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fans267ad435 Posted at 2017-12-3 07:40
Finally after a number or tries in and out I cycled the AC and then when back in and the camera button option was there. This fixed worked 100% and I am back in business. Thanks for the detailed process skyguy .

Glad it worked, the <Camera Button> as I think you found out was the labeled button under the P3-Pro picture on the DJI GO 3 app.  I think it changes once the controller has completed the update and you have rebooted the RC and relaunched the GO 3 app.
2017-12-3
Use props
jaypee
New
United States

hi skyguy when i opened the dji go 3 app doesnt let me in it tells me to get dji go 4 it wont open for me i dont know why
2017-12-3
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

jaypee Posted at 2017-12-3 11:12
hi skyguy when i opened the dji go 3 app doesnt let me in it tells me to get dji go 4 it wont open for me i dont know why

Same happened to me ignore it or force going back to GO 3 App, it will do it eventually  !!
2017-12-3
Use props
fans267ad435
New
United States

jaypee Posted at 2017-12-3 11:12

Turn the AC off.
2017-12-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-12-3 10:26
Glad it worked, the  as I think you found out was the labeled button under the P3-Pro picture on the DJI GO 3 app.  I think it changes once the controller has completed the update and you have rebooted the RC and relaunched the GO 3 app.

Not from my experience on the weekend. Using your instructions, I installed GO 3 and selected the P3A on the device screen, but I couldn't progress as the "camera" button was not offered (as with this poster's experience). And doing the same process with the P4 powered up just resulted in the app telling you you had to use GO 4 (so the P4 had to be powered off so it couldn't tell which model you have).
But I persisted, and eventually the Camera button appeared, I could enter the device screen and see the update option in the status line - ran the update and all good then. Yay!

My guess is that the RC has to be on for a while before you start GO 3. Either that or you select a few other options on the GO 3 screen (flight record, etc), and return to the device screen to force the app to refresh...
2017-12-3
Use props
cruggeri1
New
Flight distance : 26952 ft
United States

my email adress ruggeric@gmail.com

help please i have same issue i update the drone and now the remote blinking red and green and not video,i dont know what to do
2017-12-3
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

cruggeri1 Posted at 2017-12-3 20:07
help please i have same issue i update the drone and now the remote blinking red and green and not video,i dont know what to do

Try following the steps I mentioned in this thread above.  It appears to have worked for many others with the issue you are having and I had.  Have you tried these yet?  

Make sure the Aircraft is off during RC roll back and firmware update.  Once 100% happy you have RC at the correct version 1.9.3 then turn on the P4.  If this does not work then you will need to contact DJI Support direct.  Good luck !
2017-12-4
Use props
ommphoto
New
Egypt

@skyguy17 Great thanks so much for this fix!

It worked really well and was able to successfully update the RC firmware version to 1.9.3. Will respond to you in the other thread as well, but Just a few notes/comments for any who are reading and following this procedure for their P4.

1) Silly, if you get confused over the DJI 3 app, don't worry about the numeral, it's just the DJI Go App (No numerals afterwords)

4) At this stage if you can't enter camera, and just see the connect button, exit the app, power on your aircraft, then RC, then open the DJI Go App. It will tell you that you need to use the DJI Go 4 App. Ignore, and exit App, powering off aircraft and RC. Reboot RC and open DJI Go App; you will now see the option for Camera

9) Encountered the same low battery issue, so rebooted RC as you did; this second reboot seems to be necessary.

10) Powered on P4, RC and launched app, video signal fully clear (Whoo-hoo!), but the RC now beeps while flashing red and needs calibration. Tried to follow calibration procedures as prompted but somethings not working -- doesn't seem to respond. However I believe this is a different issue -- will post this in the other thread so as not to clog up this one...

Thanks again so much for this RC firmware update fix -- worked effectively!

2017-12-4
Use props
hawkguy21
New
United States

Skyguy17 - life saver you are!
2017-12-5
Use props
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-12-3 01:05
Hi Whatarat,  The method I found was for updating the RC (Radio Control) and not the aircraft.  If by Drone you are meaning the aircraft the best method for me to get the aircraft updated was via the Assistant 2 app (which I run on my iMac).  I did get a couple of failed attempts using this s/w tool but on the 3rd time I managed to get the machine to successfully accept the latest firmware.  BTW my aircraft was brand new and just out of the box, all it's forced updates did not complete successfully via the DJI GO 4 app. I don't recall the exact steps, I did do a factory reset within the Assistant 2 and then a firmware refresh.  

The method mentioned in this thread is for an RC firmware reload for my P4 standard, I had the aircraft  during the roll back process as well as the firmware update only after the RC had completed it updates did i turn the Aircraft .  I felt with the aircraft  the RC would stand a chance to recognise it was out of date.

Thanks for all the info and your detailed step by step instructions. they were clear and correct and easy to follow. I fear that my failed upgrades may be related to other issues and not just F/W.  After hours and hours of searches I found someone (a while back) mention if doing many upgrades the camera circuit board can get very hot and cause problems. This is definately the case with my P3P and I will be able to confirm this 100% in the next 10 days as a complete gimbal circuit board is coming my way to replace the suspect one. I will update any threads I have been working on so others have an idea of the fix.
I am also talking with dji support re the beta testing F/w and hoping I can get that. Even if just for trial and error until I can work out what is going on.
2017-12-6
Use props
CasualFlier
lvl.1
United States

Thank you this worked perfectly. After a failed update (99% complete, wouldn't complete, battery ran out after a long while) ended up with controller not updated but thinking it was. This fixed that and i'm flying again.

After a long weekend researching and fixing this, I'm never updating again if I can help it. It sure would also help if the aircraft bins were published somewhere. My aircraft never got past that 99% point and so i'd like to force an update there also. DJI assistant now fails to update/refresh the aircraft.

But all is working.

Thank you skyguy17
2017-12-10
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

CasualFlier Posted at 2017-12-10 12:09
Thank you this worked perfectly. After a failed update (99% complete, wouldn't complete, battery ran out after a long while) ended up with controller not updated but thinking it was. This fixed that and i'm flying again.

After a long weekend researching and fixing this, I'm never updating again if I can help it. It sure would also help if the aircraft bins were published somewhere. My aircraft never got past that 99% point and so i'd like to force an update there also. DJI assistant now fails to update/refresh the aircraft.

Glad it worked for you ! DJI should pay me soon I hope

I also had trouble with the Assistant program, which was running on my Mac to connect to my P4.  If you are using a Mac then look around the web as there might be an issue with the P4 not connecting via USB correctly.   
There is web site which speaks about this and suggested a patch to OSX to allow Android OS devices to connect to the Mac correctly.  I tried so many steps to get the P4 to work with the Assistant I can not remember them correctly which is now annoying me!

For those of you confused about my DJI Go 3 App comments - Sorry !  It is the one on the IOS Apps store without a number against it just says "DJI GO" and allows you to config your mobile device to connect to a P3 Pro.  I have up loaded some pics on another thread with screens shots.
2017-12-10
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-12-10 13:30
Glad it worked for you ! DJI should pay me soon I hope

I also had trouble with the Assistant program, which was running on my Mac to connect to my P4.  If you are using a Mac then look around the web as there might be an issue with the P4 not connecting via USB correctly.   

Just to add this was one of the tools I used :HoRNDIS driver

http://joshuawise.com/horndis

Not sure if this actually fixed the issue of connecting to the P4 but after a restart on my iMac after installing this I managed to get 100% of the refresh update to install without failure or warning messages.  
2017-12-10
Use props
mac27040
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I had the same problem and now fixed it.

I had to downgrade itunes to a previous version which also involved changing the itune library.ti file !!! then install a proxy program called "Charles", follow video in link below to download a previous version of DJI GO 4, i downloaded the first version which allowed me to install a previous firmware 1.6.0 to the RC. I then was able to update to 1.9.3 again and this time all worked fine.

Follow these websites and 100% works.
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... one-ipad-ios.19777/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... edit#gid=1840512157
2017-12-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

mac27040 Posted at 2017-12-11 03:23
I had the same problem and now fixed it.

I had to downgrade itunes to a previous version which also involved changing the itune library.ti file !!! then install a proxy program called "Charles", follow video in link below to download a previous version of DJI GO 4, i downloaded the first version which allowed me to install a previous firmware 1.6.0 to the RC. I then was able to update to 1.9.3 again and this time all worked fine.

Nice to hear that !! Enjoy & fly safe
2017-12-11
Use props
tpsmeets
New
Australia

@skyguy17 - thank you!

lost video feed after updating my p4.  took me all day to find this thread but so glad i did.  your instructions worked perfectly.
2017-12-14
Use props
Jason CJ M
New
Ireland

Hi , I am having the same problem ,
I tried the steps you mentioned , but when i get to step 4 (Press Camera) there is no press camera button displaying
Any Advice ?
2017-12-15
Use props
Jason CJ M
New
Ireland

ommphoto Posted at 2017-12-4 23:07
@skyguy17 Great thanks so much for this fix!

It worked really well and was able to successfully update the RC firmware version to 1.9.3. Will respond to you in the other thread as well, but Just a few notes/comments for any who are reading and following this procedure for their P4.

Hi, i tried all the steps , but im not getting an option to connect to the camera,  I tried Powering on the drone , then the RC , launch the DJI go app , it them wants me to go to DJI go 4 and wont let me exit the option to go to DJI go4,
2017-12-15
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Jason CJ M Posted at 2017-12-15 19:47
Hi, i tried all the steps , but im not getting an option to connect to the camera,  I tried Powering on the drone , then the RC , launch the DJI go app , it them wants me to go to DJI go 4 and wont let me exit the option to go to DJI go4,

Just to clarify again, this is a fix for the P4 standard but may work for other P4 models.

Please have your AIRCRAFT <OFF> !

@Jason, did you manage to roll back the firmware using the "old" DJI Go App? Once you have done this step reboot the RC twice. With the RC on and the iPad/iPhone running the DJI GO app showing the Phantom 3 Professional Aircraft as the main screen picture [it should show this picture}:-

Then plug in the USB able into the back of your RC and then the Lighting Apple end into your mobile device. The screen in my case changed to offer the <CAMERA> button as shown in the picture below :-

After you press this it should take you to the main screen :-

From then on follow the rest of the steps I mentioned.

Try this a couple of time as in my case the DJI GO app tried to launch the newer P4 DJI GO 4 app.  One suggestion worth trying is remove the newer DJI GO 4 app of the device, this might force the RC to respond as described. I did not need to do this step.

{You could also try a hard reboot of the iOS device by holding the Power Button and the Home/Finger Sensor button down for several minutes as this forces the iOS device to reboot.  Once the Apple logo comes up release the buttons.}

Other then these steps I can not recommend anything else as this worked for me and apparently many others facing the same issues.

Good luck !!!  If you succeed please tell us what worked for you.
2017-12-16
Use props
fans8ccc625b
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Aardvark Posted at 2017-11-19 10:35
The RC should be at V1.9.3. If not you could update as follows :-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a few seconds to appear). If it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC.

Solved with the update of the RC to v 1.9.3
2017-12-17
Use props
richbag
lvl.1

Switzerland

SOLVED

Hi guys,
I invested the whole day for this issue. Finally I could solve it in a easy way. You just need to use Android instead of IOS as soon you switch the RC on, the update will start automatically.
Now I  would be ready to flight, unfortunately it's already dark outside.

Best regards from Switzerland,
Richard
2017-12-17
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Great job!  I don't have access to an Android device only Windows PC and iOS and OSX. So no other options for me but to work out this fix
2017-12-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And iOS DJI Go 4 V4.1.20 just released, that may eliminate the need for any work around needed the past few weeks to get RC updated.

Edit, now tested V4.1.20 and RC update V1.9.3 now being reported via the 'Aircraft Status' menu as usual (I'd downgraded to V1.6 to test).
2017-12-18
Use props
Hub280zx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492 ft
France

Hi skyguy17 and congratulations for your list of steps that worked fine! Thanks!

I unpacked my Phantom4 a few days ago, and started to discover the assembly, connections and software.
As I was told to update, I followed the logics and processed it.
Then, it was unable to show any video image anymore!!!

That was a bad start, wit no feeling about any wrong step or failure...

I started to read the forum, and first, I discovered that I was not the only one to get stuck with this issue.
I finally found the list of steps to recover the initial versions, Thanks to skyguy17 who saved me on this frustration!

I will NOT update anymore, even if I have the requirement on the screen.
Probably the situation will clear in the future, but listening to some comments, I do not want to reach the situation of an expense with no result.

I live in France / Reims / Champagne area, and I hope for some better weather to get the Phantom 4 in the air. I had R/C arplanes experience for a decade, but this was stoped for quite a while due to job, family and children. I now expect some new discoveries, with the quadcopter that looks easier to fly compared to single rotor ones 15 years ago!

Thanks again skyguy17, you saved me!
2017-12-22
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hub280zx Posted at 2017-12-22 06:40
Hi skyguy17 and congratulations for your list of steps that worked fine! Thanks!

I unpacked my Phantom4 a few days ago, and started to discover the assembly, connections and software.

Your very welcome !! Happy flying we look forward in seeing your videos of the Champagne region

If you feel inclined ship a bottle over
2017-12-28
Use props
Hub280zx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492 ft
France

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-12-28 04:40
Your very welcome !! Happy flying we look forward in seeing your videos of the Champagne region

If you feel inclined ship a bottle over

I'll have a thought for you skyguy17, when I next drink some!

My Phantom 4 is still home in the warm, but I am training with the flight simulator.
The weather here is just hopeless, with rain, fog, and wind, so I prefer to wait for some better days.
2018-1-12
Use props
freekorps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 273133 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This worked perfectly for me after trying everything else. Just registered so I could say thanks!
2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules