DJI Care Refresh with Spark Flyoff
2260 5 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
the1weasel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44557 ft
United States

I was taking off from a parking lot and I wanted to get above the tree line so I started ascending. I was looking at the controller briefly and my wife asked “A re you doing that on purpose?  I’ve never seen it go that fast.”  I looked up to see that it was moving very quickly away from me while I had only been ascending, not moving in any other direction than upwards.  I had waited to make sure I had GPS coverage, Home location was set, and the app had just asked me to calibrate the compass so I did that also. It was only two days since I’d done the last required update, and I had flown it a couple times since then with no problems. It was in standard mode, not sport mode. I looked for about an hour, first trying to use the Find My Drone feature but that led me back to the takeoff home point, not my Spark.

I purchased the Spark Flymore Combo and also the DJI Care Refresh. Will that help me any with this?  I searched on the DJI site and I couldn’t find where to request help for this case. It is not a collision or crash into water. The drone was not recovered so I’m unsure what to do. A lot of what I could find about DJI Care Refresh was telling me how to purchase it or the advantages of having DJI Care Refresh, but not how to ask for service.

If anyone can provide instructions on how to get my drone replaced or how to use the Care Refresh, please let me know. Thanks and happy flying!
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry to read about accident, unfortunately, DJI Care Refresh will not cover the lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories according to our policy.
For your situation, please contact our support to start a ticket for data analysis in working hours, if it is non-pilot error and the drone is in warranty period, we would compensate the lost drone.
Here is the link to obtain support: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You could upload your flight log to link below might help in both finding what happened to your spark , just click on link and follow instructions and come back here and post link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-11-20
Use props
the1weasel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44557 ft
United States

I followed the instructions sent to me by Evelyn at DJI Technical Support via Email.  I supplied them with the data and video files downloaded from my iphone, and also the flight record from the incident.  They responded "we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis." and are replacing my Spark.  I contacted customer service twice, spoke to the same gentleman (Mark Nicole) who was always helpful and knowledgeable of the process.  It is very unfortunate that this happened, but DJI has handled it well.  Honestly, I previously owned a Yuneec Breeze and had a similar issue with it.  It's still waiting on response from them and it's been literally almost six months.  They tend to just mark something as resolved whenever they feel like it.  I'm very glad DJI does not do this.  Here is if you care to view it.
2017-11-22
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

the1weasel Posted at 2017-11-22 08:46
I followed the instructions sent to me by Evelyn at DJI Technical Support via Email.  I supplied them with the data and video files downloaded from my iphone, and also the flight record from the incident.  They responded "we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis." and are replacing my Spark.  I contacted customer service twice, spoke to the same gentleman (Mark Nicole) who was always helpful and knowledgeable of the process.  It is very unfortunate that this happened, but DJI has handled it well.  Honestly, I previously owned a Yuneec Breeze and had a similar issue with it.  It's still waiting on response from them and it's been literally almost six months.  They tend to just mark something as resolved whenever they feel like it.  I'm very glad DJI does not do this.  Here is video of the incident if you care to view it.

Your first post makes it sound like you just ascended and it took off.  The video looks like it drifted forward or pitched the nose down, yawed left, then headed in reverse while dropping.  The flight record looks like you pulled the sticks for a left yaw, reversing backwards, then dropping.  Looks like you had full control of it once the autopilot lost GPS and went to ATTI mode.

But it looks like that ATTI mode wasn't self leveling when the pilot is off the sticks.  Rate mode?  Find that Spark again and you might have a good drone for bridge diving and skyscraper diving.
2017-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

the1weasel Posted at 2017-11-22 08:46
I followed the instructions sent to me by Evelyn at DJI Technical Support via Email.  I supplied them with the data and video files downloaded from my iphone, and also the flight record from the incident.  They responded "we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis." and are replacing my Spark.  I contacted customer service twice, spoke to the same gentleman (Mark Nicole) who was always helpful and knowledgeable of the process.  It is very unfortunate that this happened, but DJI has handled it well.  Honestly, I previously owned a Yuneec Breeze and had a similar issue with it.  It's still waiting on response from them and it's been literally almost six months.  They tend to just mark something as resolved whenever they feel like it.  I'm very glad DJI does not do this.  Here is video of the incident if you care to view it.

This is not a fly away, you had control but in Atti mode and judging from where you were it was never going to be an easy task, if you cannot land without crashing in Atti mode it’s a better option to increase altitude where there are no obstacles and try to control your AC to safety.
2017-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules