PROBLEM: DJI Go 4 - 4.1.18 No speed, no height, no nothing, but...
1234567Next >
24163 247 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Where did I get the 4.1.18?
Last Version I new, remember to install/updated the 4.1.10 to, that was the 4.1.14
Just checked, there is an update on google.
How the heck got this update on my phone without my attention?

ANYWAY:
I won't install that version again!
Never ever!

Must be somehow autoupdated "over night", because:

Yesterday I flew fine, same drone, same phone (OP5)!
Today, however, I started my drone, had it in the air and had neither via OTG, nor via wifi to RC, the bottom or the top info
Better I show pictures: no sats, no 5.8 G connection (my wifi WAS 2.4 to RC, so........), no batt stats, .....
4616.jpg

4618.jpg

Aside the ready to go / no GPS, atti / not connected area: nothing shown
And I think it is obvious, that I am higher as 0.0m

But everything else did work.
Flight modes (I tried trypod, only) , sport, Video, Cam, panos, everything.
Also the batt time shown.
I even had my limits, meaning max height, the nice "lady in the app"  (I like that) reminded me, told me GPS homepoint.
I even could change the max height during the flight. Only did not know, before "the lady spoke" and the bird was back in my hand, which altitude it was occupying.
Of course, I had today double checked, that there is LOS and no tree higher as my bird, the hill tops not to close.

And: The Start button offered still "start", even after started this way already!
Landing only possible via left stick down.

But: letting it hang over ground a bit, "you wanna land, slide ...."

Ok, I tried it 4 Batteries, different locations, restarting phone between, doing Panos, Spheres, videos.
Even fighted an Eagle who was very interested in that little noisy thing, that did hang in the air with almost no moves for a minute .
Had rapidly jump to sport, in the middle of a Sphere, to make him reconsider by winking a bit in all directions.
(I wish, we could go +30° or 45° in normal or sport mode, if hovering, with the gimbal!
Not only in "trypod" But I am getting distracted. ;-)

Coming home, I checked the OP5 on the other Spark.

Same result. Which is good, in this case. Nothing happened to my yesterday drone!
Havent used the "wobbler" for a week or so.
And checked with my Huawei Mediapad, DJI Go 4 - 4.1.15:
WTF, with OTG the same.
But Wifi worked.
Mmmhhhhh!

Downloaded 4.1.14, installed on OP5, everything ok again.
Will try Mediapad next.
Is the 4_4.1.14-1027326 for phones and 4_4.1.14-2027326 for tabs?
Or what is the difference between 10.... and 20......?

So, DJI:

What is wrong with 4.1.18? On a OP5
And 4.1.15 on a Huawei Mediapad 3?
Accident or you are trying to switch off the OTG?
Just asking.

2017-11-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

To complete this:

I have updated my Huawei Mediapad from 4.1.15 to 4.1.18
Same misbehavior like the OP5
Downgraded to 4.1.14:
Everything fine again!
2017-11-19
Use props
guidoec
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27441 ft
Spain

I can confirm it too. No battery status, no speed, no altitude, nothing... All this with OTG cable. Although with WiFi to RC and WiFi to drone seems to work alright.

Rolled back to 4.1.15 and everything is working fine.
2017-11-19
Use props
guidoec
lvl.2
Spain

For the record my phone is a Huawei Mate 9.
2017-11-19
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Just for the records: If version 4.1.18 should be intending to suppress the use of OTG, I'll be very upset! Are you with me DJI?
2017-11-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

guidoec Posted at 2017-11-19 11:49
For the record my phone is a Huawei Mate 9.

On the mate 9, the 4.1.15 is still working fine?
Funny, on the mediapad, there it started in otg connected.
Had to go back to 4.1.14.

Oh, and for the records :
All datas are in the flight records available.
They are "just not shown on the display" of the device.
2017-11-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-19 14:11
Just for the records: If version 4.1.18 should be intending to suppress the use of OTG, I'll be very upset! Are you with me DJI?

It is really looking a bit strange, isn't it?
I have done almost 200 flights with OTG so far, no problems at all.
Now DJI is pushing three updates of the DJI Go4 in about 4 weeks, and problems are starting?

Since guidoec wrote that his huawei mate 9 was still working fine on 4.1.15 but troubling my huawei medipad m3 in that said version and otg connection (another recommended/tested devive from the DJI list) I am even less sure what to believe.
Accidental loss of OTG function?
Or accidental loss if wifi connected?

And no DJI mod jumping in here, till now

4.1.14 had a reason, new functions.
But 4.1.15 and 4.1.18 are, from my pov, only error related.
And "quick shots", so to speak.
Is 4.1.18 available for all in playstore, already?
For me, as one of the last getting the former version offered, it is really surprising that there even was another update.

So it comes to the question, what DJI sees as an error, here!

Any complains from the mavic front, that there the otg is failing in/since 4.1.18?
Or from CS user with the Spark?
2017-11-19
Use props
guidoec
lvl.2
Spain

S-e-ven I did not try it with version 4.1.14 because the first previous version before 4.1.18 was for me 4.1.15 or that is what I think

Another thing to be noted is that quick shot mode was working strangely. Dronie worked but when I tried to set it to rocket it will trigger Dronie. Tried that 5 times with no luck. Also gesture control was erratic, it worked but erratic (palm landing refused to land). Tripod mode was working fine.
2017-11-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-19 17:24
It is really looking a bit strange, isn't it?
I have done almost 200 flights with OTG so far, no problems at all.
Now DJI is pushing three updates of the DJI Go4 in about 4 weeks, and problems are starting?

Did the problems appear only when you use OTG cable? Please test with wifi and if the problems still remain, you can export the flight data for analysis.
2017-11-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-20 02:24
Did the problems appear only when you use OTG cable? Please test with wifi and if the problems still remain, you can export the flight data for analysis.

I mentioned that in the entry post:

Today, however, I started my drone, had it in the air and had neither via OTG, nor via wifi to RC, the bottom or the top info
Better I show pictures: no sats, no 5.8 G connection (my wifi WAS 2.4 to RC, so........), no batt stats, .....

Also :
And checked with my Huawei Mediapad, DJI Go 4 - 4.1.15:
WTF, with OTG the same.
But Wifi worked.

So, DJI Elektra, is it a move of DJI, to stop people from using OTG?
Or did this somehow happen by accident?

Which is it, please?
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-20 02:38
I mentioned that in the entry post:

I think it happens by accident. Please shoot a video when you connect with phone directly and see if the problem appears again. If it still remains, please provide the flight data and the black box data for further check. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-20
Use props
RoyTeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45194 ft
Singapore

the 4.1.18 app has been confirmed to remove OTG support completely and if you're using a forced FCC mode, they is also gone too so you're back to CE with WIFI ONLY...no way in hell am i going to use 4.1.18..
2017-11-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-20 03:03
I think it happens by accident. Please shoot a video when you connect with phone directly and see if the problem appears again. If it still remains, please provide the flight data and the black box data for further check. Thanks for your support.

I am sorry, Elektra.
Yesterday I went back to 4.1.14 on both of my devices, a flawless working version.
So I can't provide any 4.1.18 videos!

But I think that this issue is known.
Only by looking in the forums, it musst be known at DJI
;-)
2017-11-20
Use props
guidoec
lvl.2
Spain

Oh also I can recall that when active tracking and trying to give the drone angle the app refused with a message similar to: Debug failed angel ... Or something like that.
2017-11-20
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

I've had the same problem since the previous version, jumping out of the app and back in has brought the data and top info bar back for me.  
2017-11-20
Use props
Beejay81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69252 ft
Australia

TexasAerials Posted at 2017-11-20 11:48
I've had the same problem since the previous version, jumping out of the app and back in has brought the data and top info bar back for me.

In v4.1.18 it is quite permanent, and easily verify its a version thing by jumping back to v4.1.15....

The conspiracy theorist in me says that the Sparks RC capabilities on OTG and FCC are impacting Mavic sales so they are quietly breaking them....  this was suppose to be the selfie drone remember...      

But hopefully its just a bug caused when they married the firmware update of the RC and Drone as the changelog says...
2017-11-20
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

If Dji disable OTG support, will be Spark only expensive scrap and unsaleable in EU if it does not repair 5.8Ghz WiFi compatibility with Android device...
2017-11-20
Use props
djiuser_otMHOpr
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue on v4.1.18. Primarily using OTG, but tried wifi, same problem.
2017-11-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Ok, now I am really getting curious! Unfortunately (or should I rather say fortunately?) version 4.1.18 is not yet available for me on playstore and when I searched the other day, it wasn't neither on the DJI website or APK Mirror. But once I get hold of it, I'll give it a try and test myself.
2017-11-20
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

And they removed the off line download maps too on 4.1.18. They said it's unstable. Stick with 4.1.15 if you want to use OTG. I flight test on 4.1.18 Wi-Fi on mate 9 Go 4 app just closed without prompt. I have to reload app on Mid Flight. It's was on slight and brought the Spark.
2017-11-20
Use props
djiuser_BKAuzgo
lvl.1
Japan

I also got same OTG issue at 4.1.18.  I had to restore v4.1.15 to get back OTG connection work.  
I suppose that DJI can reproduce same problem easily.  I hope that we will have OTG issue fix soon.
2017-11-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Beejay81 Posted at 2017-11-20 12:12
In v4.1.18 it is quite permanent, and easily verify its a version thing by jumping back to v4.1.15....

The conspiracy theorist in me says that the Sparks RC capabilities on OTG and FCC are impacting Mavic sales so they are quietly breaking them....  this was suppose to be the selfie drone remember...      

' ...this was suppose to be the selfie drone remember.. '

But they sold it as a fly more combo with RC and advertised 2km range.
So it is clearly not meant to be a selfie only drone.
Minimum for the sales department that was clear upfront!
2017-11-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-20 14:01
Ok, now I am really getting curious! Unfortunately (or should I rather say fortunately?) version 4.1.18 is not yet available for me on playstore and when I searched the other day, it wasn't neither on the DJI website or APK Mirror. But once I get hold of it, I'll give it a try and test myself.

I assume, you are using your CS with OTG, right?
So wait a bit for that update to come.
Isnt DJI telling, to use it in wifi mode?
With the Spark?
;-)
2017-11-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2017-11-20 14:16
And they removed the off line download maps too on 4.1.18. They said it's unstable. Stick with 4.1.15 if you want to use OTG. I flight test on 4.1.18 Wi-Fi on mate 9 Go 4 app just closed without prompt. I have to reload app on Mid Flight. It's was on slight and brought the Spark.

Wait:
Is it gone, or can you 'just' not connect to the download servers?
The latter was a error in 4.1.10, if I remember that right.
2017-11-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-20 16:57
Wait:
Is it gone, or can you 'just' not connect to the download servers?
The latter was a error in 4.1.10, if I remember that right.

It was confirmed here in the forum that offline maps have been removed for the time being.
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-20 05:48
I am sorry, Elektra.
Yesterday I went back to 4.1.14 on both of my devices, a flawless working version.
So I can't provide any 4.1.18 videos!

Sorry for the trouble it brings. Please note that we can not locate the problem if you do not provide the data. Any new question, you can inform us.
2017-11-20
Use props
guidoec
lvl.2
Spain

Get any of the phones stated here. Plug it via OTG with 4.1.18 and... Oh snap errors everywhere. It's no that difficult.
2017-11-21
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hmm, just told my phone not to automatically download and install new versions of apps!

how to ? >> https://www.howtogeek.com/202297 ... updates-in-android/

cheers
Hans
2017-11-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

JJBspark Posted at 2017-11-21 03:06
Hmm, just told my phone not to automatically download and install new versions of apps!

how to ? >> https://www.howtogeek.com/202297/how-to-disable-automatic-app-updates-in-android/

Yep, I thought that I had that setting already.
I usually have to give permition for play store updates.
I checked all my settings, "renewed" my opinion on this and hope it will not happen again.
2017-11-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-20 23:19
Sorry for the trouble it brings. Please note that we can not locate the problem if you do not provide the data. Any new question, you can inform us.

I am not sure that I understand this right now, Elektra.
It is obviously neither a Phone problem,  nor a my Spark/his spark problem.
It seems that DJI Go4 - 4.1.18 is a version many people on different devices (my 2 are from your "tested" list, OP5 / Huawei Mediapad M3, isn't that right?) can't use for safe flying.
Without knowing the height, knowing the distance or the speed, even if the APP IS knowing it (in the records) and showing the leftover flighttime, that is like flying only with remote.
And we can solve this problem , to get us back in save flight conditions, by downgrading the App.

I may go for it, on my mediapad, installing 4.1.15 and .18, but right now I wanted to fly, not to beta test.

Btw: If I would not always have to set the App back from imperial to metric, meaning if in the records the setup of the app would be stored and synced, too, it would be a bit easier.

I really dont understand 2 things with this:
Why is the App set to the system, the mayority of the worlds population is not using?
And why do I need to start the Spark, to reset THE APP to the metric system, which was already set and in use, before?
Sorry, had a bad day, today! ;-)
2017-11-21
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

I can confirm. With the new app (4.1.18 Android), OTG is unusable .. Great DJI!!! In the EU, the spark is inapplicable ... OTG does not work and the WiFi 5.8Ghz compatibility with the Android device has not been repaired ... Really great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-11-21
Use props
TimdeG
lvl.1
Netherlands

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-11-21 06:09
I can confirm. With the new app (4.1.18 Android), OTG is unusable .. Great DJI!!! In the EU, the spark is inapplicable ... OTG does not work and the WiFi 5.8Ghz compatibility with the Android device has not been repaired ... Really great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [view_image]

Great.... So i paid €700 for a drone that can fly 300 meters   If i'm lucky.
2017-11-21
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186175 ft
Israel

so much negativity... i think that spark will get better in time.. yes its been out there for a while but..

in such world of the android platform today, so many devices OS versions and build numbers and so on

its hard to make all the right adjustments

users today keep modding and stuff as well,

all of that make it hard even for a company like google to keep up with it.

its a problem of today not like apple(and im not a fanboy, iphone is a great device just not for me)

they are trying to keep everything at the same line of work

dont get me wrong im a phrick like you all, and wanna use the full potential of my drone as well

but you bought a drone that can fly 12-13 mins and its tiny and its very smart and full of complications that maybe will be solved in the future..

i just think, dont expect a lexus when you bought a nissan micra ;]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

and for the issue of the original idea of the post

i can confirm that otg behavior is strange and can agree with all of the technical issue that has been mentioned above

on the other hand i can feel that they've been working on WIFI reception to get a lot better

if they will remove OTG support for future versions but the WIFI will get better as well its a win win situation for me.
2017-11-21
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

SuperDrone Posted at 2017-11-21 08:15
so much negativity... i think that spark will get better in time.. yes its been out there for a while but..

in such world of the android platform today, so many devices OS versions and build numbers and so on

Im sorry, I do not want to be Dji BETA TESTER after I pay 900 USD!!!!!!!!! I want so much for my hard earned money??

I can not use wifi when 5.8Ghz does not work.. Only 2.4Ghz link to phone and fly distance is 200m... Great advice..
2017-11-21
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Israel

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-11-21 08:25
Im sorry, I do not want to be Dji BETA TESTER after I pay 900 USD!!!!!!!!! I want so much for my hard earned money??

I can not use wifi when 5.8Ghz does not work.. Only 2.4Ghz link to phone and fly distance is 200m... Great advice..

maybe you want dji to buy you an ipad 4 mini?

downgrade to a version that works for you.(so much modding guides and so on)

i paid more than you by the way and im not mad as you..

if you dont like it and you can return it do it if you like

i still have faith that minor bugs will be fixed in the future since i dont see dji going anywhere soon...

and even with 2.4ghz that it is only what my country support im having a lot of fun with it

instead of trying to make it perfect in any way there is..

i gotta say this is one hell of technology in such a small device

the only thing i would try to make better (and i know that im not even close to understand how it works right now) is the AirTime which is enough for me but not so much if you wanna share it a little...
2017-11-21
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

SuperDrone Posted at 2017-11-21 09:05
maybe you want dji to buy you an ipad 4 mini?

downgrade to a version that works for you.(so much modding guides and so on)

Yes, super advice... I have official Dji supported Galaxy S7 and should I buy an ipad? Super ... Sorry, I waiting to repair from the beginning of sale and nothing is repaired for this time. This is not normal for profuct which costs 900USD... I deal with the development of HW, FW and SW for Copter Racing (http://www.arcitimer.com/#foto). If I sell equipment with mistakes so I could say goodbye to my business !!! Before selling, everything must be thoroughly tested. A 100% functional product must always come to the customer !! If this is not met, the device is not up-to-date and should not be sold.
2017-11-21
Use props
fans88a891a9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8274 ft
Mexico

just update my firmware , before read this post, now i don´t to try it,
i don´t kno how to downgrade the firmware, any help please, i just thinking to return my spark
Thanks
2017-11-21
Use props
djiuser_dLBMzkV
New
United States

guidoec Posted at 2017-11-19 11:44
I can confirm it too. No battery status, no speed, no altitude, nothing... All this with OTG cable. Although with WiFi to RC and WiFi to drone seems to work alright.

Rolled back to 4.1.15 and everything is working fine.

How do I rollback the update so I no longer have the issues with my batteries not showing hight speed and distance as well as sensors not working?
2017-11-21
Use props
djiuser_dLBMzkV
New
United States

Having same issues with battery not showing info on display hight speed distance Etc no temperature no flight history nothing also the sensors are not working as well please help
2017-11-21
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Israel

djiuser_dLBMzkV Posted at 2017-11-21 15:24
How do I rollback the update so I no longer have the issues with my batteries not showing hight speed and distance as well as sensors not working?

just google the version that worked before in this case "4.1.15"

you will find the apk outside of the playstore download it

be sure to uninstall, clear cache and data on the one with the issues

and then install the one you downloaded from the web....
2017-11-21
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules