PROBLEM: DJI Go 4 - 4.1.18 No speed, no height, no nothing, but...
24194 249 2017-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

Well well, After Reading all this Problem about this  .18 App Version I am a Bit concerned to let my brandmew spark airborn for the First Time
2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

hobbydroner Posted at 2017-12-2 03:38
Well well, After Reading all this Problem about this  .18 App Version I am a Bit concerned to let my brandmew spark airborn for the First Time

If you want to be on the safe side use version 4.1.15 and you will fly safely with all information you need. Anyway the problems reported here mainly relate to the use of an OTG cable that does not work properly with version .18. Don't let yourself get discouraged and enjoy your Spark!
2017-12-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Today i flew with 4.1.18 android, i wasn't aware that DJI updated the app without TESTING.
Is was a foggy day, i took off and when i watch the altitude it was wrong -0.5, and when i ascend the altitude jumps. Suddenly my Spark goes up and i do nothing, my connection was not lost and no rth signal was heard.
So I push the left stick downwards and my spark start to decend but very slow. Altitude was wrong!.
I landed, go home and try again, same issue. I revert to 4.1.15 and all went okay.
So don't update your dji go app to 4.1.18, I almost lost my Spark.

2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Jos A Posted at 2017-12-2 05:26
Today i flew with 4.1.18 android, i wasn't aware that DJI updated the app without TESTING.
Is was a foggy day, i took off and when i watch the altitude it was wrong -0.5, and when i ascend the altitude jumps. Suddenly my Spark goes up and i do nothing, my connection was not lost and no rth signal was heard.
So I push the left stick downwards and my spark start to decend but very slow. Altitude was wrong!.

Hi Jos, this is important information. Was your RC connected via OTG or WiFi?
2017-12-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

it was wifi.I read on the Mavic forum that they have the same issuses.
2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Jos A Posted at 2017-12-2 05:35
it was wifi.I read on the Mavic forum that they have the same issuses.

Thank you for your quick response. Until now I had the impression that with WiFi connection the situation was better, but apparently it is not. Anyway, I trust that they are working hard on solving all the issues and that we are going to see a fixed version when ready, but hopefully not too far in the future.
2017-12-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Well DJI must first test there update before release , there are people who lost there drone or crash there drone.
2017-12-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Jos A Posted at 2017-12-2 05:26

'was a foggy day'

Can it be, you flew through fog and over fog?
And after downgrad to  4.1.15 , was it still foggy?
2017-12-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

yes still foggy, i tested it again at home, less fog same issue, then revert to 4.1.15 in 10 minutes, same place same weather, no issues!
2017-12-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

So go head start up your Spark and see it for yourself, the altitude display wrong numbers, rapidly change in red and white numbers. (samsung A5(2017)
2017-12-2
Use props
pfpan9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24879 ft

Greece

Hi
Can someone tell me how to install .15 app version from play store?
Thanks.
2017-12-2
Use props
deimidis
lvl.2
Iceland

pfpan9 Posted at 2017-12-2 06:59
Hi
Can someone tell me how to install .15 app version from play store?
Thanks.

You can't from there. You have to download it from Apk Mirror (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-1-15-release/), uninstall the .18 version and install it from the phone (you have to enable install from known sources in Android)
2017-12-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

deimidis Posted at 2017-12-2 07:07
You can't from there. You have to download it from Apk Mirror (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/), uninstall the .18 version and install it from the phone (you have to enable install from known sources in Android)

you have to enable install from UNKNOWN sources in Android ;-)
2017-12-2
Use props
fans3f1dc014
New

Malaysia

Guys would rolling down the app version from .18 to .15 cause any problems?I'm on Android and the same issues with otg..flew with wifi yesterday and loss signal couple of times.
2017-12-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

fans3f1dc014 Posted at 2017-12-2 07:59
Guys would rolling down the app version from .18 to .15 cause any problems?I'm on Android and the same issues with otg..flew with wifi yesterday and loss signal couple of times.

I had none.
Sync the app, uninstall 4.1.18, install 4.1.15.
2017-12-2
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

Thank u for giving me someone Support Watchberger. Just Need to figure out to get the .15 Version,Kind of Rookie in the tec world.Btw I bought especially a Mini iPad 4 with my spark cause on Drone Valley Channel they recomend that this device apparently works good with Spark.   Enjoy ur flights
2017-12-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

hobbydroner Posted at 2017-12-2 08:26
Thank u for giving me someone Support Watchberger. Just Need to figure out to get the .15 Version,Kind of Rookie in the tec world.Btw I bought especially a Mini iPad 4 with my spark cause on Drone Valley Channel they recomend that this device apparently works good with Spark.   Enjoy ur flights

You are on iOS?
Sorry, the downgrade is "only android"
But it looks like that iOS works better!
2017-12-2
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

Yes i am on iOS 9
2017-12-2
Use props
djiuser_VeQ7bFM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32500 ft
Thailand

Is anyone test ver 4.1.18 with crystalsky? Does it work??
2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hobbydroner Posted at 2017-12-2 08:26

You are most welcome. But as mentioned by S-e-ven, if you are using an iPad, you are not affected by the problems of the Android GO 4 version 4.1.18 that are being discussed in this thread.
2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_VeQ7bFM Posted at 2017-12-2 09:17
Is anyone test ver 4.1.18 with crystalsky? Does it work??

I have the Crystalsky 7.85 and had enquired with DJI whether I should update GO 4 myself when there are new versions available. The clear response that I got said that I shouldn't because on CS we have a special optimized version of GO 4. Updates for the app would come directly from DJI as it has been the case before. In addition I do not see any point in installing 4.1.18 because it does not bring any relevant new features or fixes for the Spark (actually the opposite is the case by accident). The main goal of .18 was to make all pano modes available for the Mavic.
2017-12-2
Use props
derider
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760853 ft
Denmark

deimidis Posted at 2017-12-2 07:07
You can't from there. You have to download it from Apk Mirror (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/), uninstall the .18 version and install it from the phone (you have to enable install from known sources in Android)

Hi, finally got tired of 4.1.18 - seems unsafe to use with my S7 Edge. The link to the APKMirror is working fine but when I see the many possibilties it is hard to see where to download the file due to the many advertising and get confused on where to click. Sorry, I'm a chicken and don't like to click at something not clear to me. Any advice will be apreciated
2017-12-2
Use props
ashrack
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16611 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all. I just purchased a spark, and was about to install DJI Go 4 for the first time. Due to OTG issue, I decided to install version 4.1.15 from APK mirror - but I keep getting the error "failed to load resource file" when I try to start the app. Does anyone know why and whether DJI are blocking installations of the old version of the app?
2017-12-2
Use props
djiuser_7DCDCMv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39291 ft
Brazil

Hi everyone.

I just did my first flight with my Spark. When I noticed that there was no telemetry information with OTG cable, I thought that was some mistake from a novice pilot and decided not to take off. After that, I google the problem and found this forum. I just downloaded and installed the 4.1.15 version and now everything is working fine with OTG cable. The only issue is that sometimes it takes a while to recognize that the OTG cable was connected. Is it normal?
2017-12-2
Use props
derider
Second Officer
Denmark

djiuser_7DCDCMv Posted at 2017-12-2 13:16
Hi everyone.

I just did my first flight with my Spark. When I noticed that there was no telemetry information with OTG cable, I thought that was some mistake from a novice pilot and decided not to take off. After that, I google the problem and found this forum. I just downloaded and installed the 4.1.15 version and now everything is working fine with OTG cable. The only issue is that sometimes it takes a while to recognize that the OTG cable was connected. Is it normal?

Hi, hmm.. my experience are that if you connect RC and AC before you connect (green light at the RC) the OTG it is quick. Please attach the OTG at the Android device before connecting the OTG to the RC. Worked fine with 4.1.15 in my case.
2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

ashrack Posted at 2017-12-2 12:27
Hi all. I just purchased a spark, and was about to install DJI Go 4 for the first time. Due to OTG issue, I decided to install version 4.1.15 from APK mirror - but I keep getting the error "failed to load resource file" when I try to start the app. Does anyone know why and whether DJI are blocking installations of the old version of the app?

Nobody is blocking it, you need to be still online when first starting the newly installed app. I needs to download more data at that moment and you might also have to log into your account again. Just start it with Internet connection and it should work.
2017-12-2
Use props
ashrack
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-2 13:46
Nobody is blocking it, you need to be still online when first starting the newly installed app. I needs to download more data at that moment and you might also have to log into your account again. Just start it with Internet connection and it should work.

Thanks. I was indeed online, and tried everything but it wasn't working. Eventually after 20 or so times of trying it worked. Then my QR code would not scan. Now my latest problem is that DJI assistant doesnt recognise the spark to update firmware. I'll work through these issues, just wish the process would run a bit smoother!
2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

ashrack Posted at 2017-12-2 14:14
Thanks. I was indeed online, and tried everything but it wasn't working. Eventually after 20 or so times of trying it worked. Then my QR code would not scan. Now my latest problem is that DJI assistant doesnt recognise the spark to update firmware. I'll work through these issues, just wish the process would run a bit smoother!

Don't worry, when I got my Spark I spent at least four hours or more until all was working as it should. So many new things to learn und understand. Keep cool and stay optimistic, at the end you will succeed! :-)
2017-12-2
Use props
ashrack
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-2 14:19
Don't worry, when I got my Spark I spent at least four hours or more until all was working as it should. So many new things to learn und understand. Keep cool and stay optimistic, at the end you will succeed! :-)

Thanks for the encouragement! I've actually been at it much longer than 4 hours! been reading through all manuals watching all videos! just wish the processes would work as described in the videos! Right now I'm unable to update firmware either through the app  (start update is greyed out) or the DJI assistant (wont recognise drone). Guess I'm just really anxious to get flying so its frustrating!
2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

ashrack Posted at 2017-12-2 14:24
Thanks for the encouragement! I've actually been at it much longer than 4 hours! been reading through all manuals watching all videos! just wish the processes would work as described in the videos! Right now I'm unable to update firmware either through the app  (start update is greyed out) or the DJI assistant (wont recognise drone). Guess I'm just really anxious to get flying so its frustrating!

For updating the Spark I strongly can recommend to stick to DJI Assistant. If you are on Windows 10 you might have to reinstall DJI Assistant with confirming to Windows that you accept installing drivers from unknown origin or so. And when you connect your Spark to the PC it has to be switched on of course, otherwise Windows or DJI Assistant cannot recognise it. The RC firmware can only be updated via WiFi, not with DJI Assistant. If you have several batteries for your Spark you have to update them all individually with DJI Assistant once you got it working. Good luck!
2017-12-2
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3
Belgium

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-2 09:35
You are most welcome. But as mentioned by S-e-ven, if you are using an iPad, you are not affected by the problems of the Android GO 4 version 4.1.18 that are being discussed in this thread.

Wow u just Took a Rock from my schoulder. I appreciate so much ur advice. Vielen dank
2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hobbydroner Posted at 2017-12-2 14:48
Wow u just Took a Rock from my schoulder. I appreciate so much ur advice. Vielen dank

Bedankt ook! ;-)
2017-12-2
Use props
djiuser_7DCDCMv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39291 ft
Brazil

derider Posted at 2017-12-2 13:41
Hi, hmm.. my experience are that if you connect RC and AC before you connect (green light at the RC) the OTG it is quick. Please attach the OTG at the Android device before connecting the OTG to the RC. Worked fine with 4.1.15 in my case.

I just did that and it worked fine. Thanks a lot!
2017-12-2
Use props
derider
Second Officer
Denmark

derider Posted at 2017-12-2 11:53
Hi, finally got tired of 4.1.18 - seems unsafe to use with my S7 Edge. The link to the APKMirror is working fine but when I see the many possibilties it is hard to see where to download the file due to the many advertising and get confused on where to click. Sorry, I'm a chicken and don't like to click at something not clear to me. Any advice will be apreciated

Hi, just to mention - I had trouble to get the Dji 4 Go 4.1.15 downloaded from APKmirror site when I entered the site via the Dji Forum in the Dji Go 4.1.8 app and followed the link provided be several of you guys. I got directed to advertisement instead of downloading the 4.1.5 app.  When doing a search in google chrome and reached to the same site with the Dji GO 4 version 4.1.15 I was able to download 4.1.15 apk without issues.

Now the version 4.1.15 is installed again and OTG is ready for happy flying again :-)
2017-12-3
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

ashrack Posted at 2017-12-2 14:14

first clear your cache of the old 4.1.18 app then deleted from your phone.
restart phone and instal 4.1.15
2017-12-3
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Question is , Are the DJI enigeers working to fix this issue?
2017-12-3
Use props
djiuser_wqaoaqO
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

guidoec Posted at 2017-11-19 11:44
I can confirm it too. No battery status, no speed, no altitude, nothing... All this with OTG cable. Although with WiFi to RC and WiFi to drone seems to work alright.

Rolled back to 4.1.15 and everything is working fine.

I have only had my spark since september of this year, i had auto update on and now its as good as a drone you buy from wal-mart......can you guys kindly tell how you "rollback" your ap to an earlier version?
2017-12-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_wqaoaqO Posted at 2017-12-3 08:21
I have only had my spark since september of this year, i had auto update on and now its as good as a drone you buy from wal-mart......can you guys kindly tell how you "rollback" your ap to an earlier version?

Youll find the answer in post 172# here above.
2017-12-3
Use props
Rich Ziegler
New

United States

Jos A Posted at 2017-12-3 08:19
Question is , Are the DJI enigeers working to fix this issue?

That's the rumor
2017-12-3
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-3 08:29
Youll find the answer in post 172# here above.

Thanks man, there's just so much traffic on here to sort through...i uninstalled the latest ver on both my phones/androids...and installed 15 and instantly had everything back to "normal"
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules